2006 GSXR-600 Not Starting - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MacBayne

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Squid

2006 GSXR-600 Not Starting

Need some advice from the folks that know way more lol.
I recently bought a 2006 GSXR600 and it had no issues for a little while. Recently though, the starter button just wasn't initiating a crank. So far I've replaced the clutch sensor, the solenoid, the kickstand sensor, and tested the battery. The recharge system and the battery seem fine, and nothing seems to be fixing the issue. I don't hear a click from the solenoid like I've read I should but it's brand new and OEM. It will push start and run as if nothing is wrong. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people in a "special" way

Re: 2006 GSXR-600 Not Starting

Would be good to get a MM and actualky start testing things. It could be a bad contact in the starter button

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Squid

I too am working on this issue i believe , mines a 750 , i just made my own post, have you yanked the fuel pump/ sending unit and inspected the fuel / sock for rust and checked the fuel pump for priming ? the motor on my bike died, when we yanked the fuel line there was zero gas in it , i had a rusty tank and had to try some cleaning solutions. I now have gas all the way to the injectors and i tested the injectors with a youtube vid i did a cheap and dirty clean with hose and brake clean , they worked i saw flow through the injectors , but i am thinking i may end up changing them.

Also have you pulled the spark plugs and checked the gap ? i just change my plugs anyways but my bikes still not starting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Download your manual. Look at the wiring diagram.

Jump the starter solenoid contacts using 16 AWG OR LARGER wire. If the relay/solenoid turn the bike over, you know that you have a bad switch on the clipon.
tsonksen likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:27 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4

Also, if you don't hear the pump prime before starting and see 'CHEC' at the lower right of the dash while trying to start, search the forum for keywords like "ignition interlock CHEC sidestand".
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Thanks for the replies, I just replaced the starter button and that seemed to work for a day but here's the weird thing, the horn will stop working at the same time. I've read online that they share a grounding point but I dont know where that is. When I bridge the solenoid the bike turns over perfectly fine. Fuel pump is priming well and everything seemed to be in order for 24 hrs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

I bet you could read some good information in a shop manual...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
I bet you could read some good information in a shop manual...
There are basically no good online manuals for the K6, and I can't really be paying like 60 dollars for one at the moment. I'll look into it later, I would just like some help. If you can find something that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode