07 600 header questions. (not the same old ??) - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

07 600 header questions. (not the same old ??)

Hey all. First off sorry if I should have posted somewhere else. I am putting a gsxr in a 1988 Suzuki samurai. My current conundrum (there has been quite a few,and more to come I'm sure) is exhaust. How critical is the tuning of the header? I need to modify it to fit into the engine compartment. Is it just a power loss if I change the lengths of the pipes? Can I make them all longer or shorter and get a satisfactory result? Any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: 07 600 header questions. (not the same old ??)

bump. anyone?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: SRAD

Post some pic's????? Do whatever you need to the exhaust...You'll be down on power....No matter what. The motor is meant to push around 550-600lb ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

I understand there will be a power loss. I am more concerned with adverse effects in the rest of the tuning of the engine. the stock engine is only good for about 60 hp new so it should be an improvement. also i twill have 2 transmissions and a transfer case so gearing will be a lot different than a bike. I guess I will just throw it in there and weld up some pipes, cross my fingers and hope for the best lol PS: I'll get some pics to upload
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 04:56 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

Bruh you're putting a gixxer motor in a samurai! Just throw that bitch in there and see what happens! It would probably be hard to get it tuned for that application and the fact that you're attempting this anyway tells me you don't have much to lose! And fuck the pictures, we'll need video once your done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode