Need help with fh020aa wiring issue.. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: GSXR...Or anything with two wheels!!
Garage
Need help with fh020aa wiring issue..

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site and have not filled things in yet but need some help with the oh so common R/R issues with my K7 750. I know there are many threads on this but I'm looking for specific help. I live in Maine so riding season is short and my bike has been down for weeks so I'm just trying to get it going a.s.a.p. I got the MOSFET fh020aa R/R which came with a small length of thicker red wire with a large in line full size 30amp fuse. I was trying to get it rolling fast as possible so I figured I could cut the plugs from old R/R and wire them into new R/R. 3 yellows were fine but the black and red were 2 and 2 and the new plug is only two prongs. I went ahead and put the two reds together and same with the two black wires. Now the problem is the small 30amp fuse under the tail pops as soon as I plug it in. Is there a way I can fix this without rewiring the whole deal?? I hope I have explained in detail can produce pics if needed I'm just trying to find the easiest fastest way to get the bike on the tar and off the stands before weather changes on me. Thank you in advance for any help. I hope to have pics of the old rocket for the garage soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:37 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: Need help with fh020aa wiring issue..

That should have worked. It sounds like there's a short somewhere or the new R/R is faulty. I'd look first at where you "put the two reds together", looking for a short to ground. An ohmmeter would be helpful. Weather or not, this is not a place to rush as you'll likely later pay a price for doing so.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage

Thanks for response... So I took my time and wired them together clean. I do have a ohms meter but not sure how to test it at this point. I'm wondering if the red and black are switched on the plug of the R/R,they where not marked. Right now its sitting unplugged and if I plug the red/black in without the key even on it instantly pops that small 30amp fuse in the tail. I understand how to use an ohms meter to a point just not sure what to test...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage

Nice....Solved the problem. I had the wires switched on the R/R side. Flipped them over and back to charging at 14v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode