Please give some feedback for Shindengen SH847AA rectifier + OEM stator - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Please give some feedback for Shindengen SH847AA rectifier + OEM stator

Hi guys! Can you please give some feedback if you use Shindengen SH847 rectifier on your bike with OEM stator. How is the performance of the stator and how many miles you managed to do so far? Did you had and issue with burnt startor with SH847 rectifier or any other issues with the charging system at rpms above 10k?

I'm starting to bang my head what combination of stator and rectifier to fit on the bike to save the stator from burning. OEM K6-7 stator or K8-L0? The K8-L0 has better termination of the 3 yellow wires to the stator copper enameled wires, but I'm not sure if this will save the stator from burning... On Honda Fireblade 04-05 they had the same issue and the fix was change of the flywheel. Not sure what was the change of Honda flywheel but either they increased the diameter a bit or reduced the magnetic field... Too bad Suzuki didn't do anything to help the K6-K7 customers. Please can you drop a comment what combination of stator/rectifier/flywheel you did on your bike to solve this issue. Any comments from road bike owners who do some decent mileage are welcome! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Expert

Garage
Re: Please give some feedback for Shindengen SH847AA rectifier + OEM stator

I have the 847 setup with the stator that was in the bike when i bought it. But the stator had been previously replaced by the previous owner, and the rectifier went bad again after i bought it. The stator had clear signs of overheating but was still functional. I used the relocation bracket to move the rectifier to the side of the bike and also, needed to buy wire connectors to mate it with the factory wire harness. The actual oem buckles are out there. Please dont cut the wire connectors and hard wire it the wire harness. Also the rectifier is much bigger than the oem rectifier. When i installed mine, i installed it so the plugs point upward and therefore are hidden by the fairing. After looking at it, i was concerned with rain getting in it. The plugs are water proof but i dont trust them so i cut the bottom of an old antifreeze container off. I cut it so that it was an L shape, using the molded curve of the bottom of the jug. I ran the mount bolts through the flat side, so the bottom wraps over the top of rectifier, and curves over the plugs and it held down by the fairing. If that makes ANY sense. Ive put thousands of miles on the bike. I rode 1000 through the mountains, including the tail of the dragon over a couple days, including in the rain and i havr had ZERO issues. I don't race or do track days so i can't speak for riding at 10k+ rpm cuz even in 1st gear, on my 750, thats pretty much doubling the speed limit.

Last edited by maniac1886; 09-05-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode