Bike Dies When Coming to Idle- Need Help Diagnosing - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Unhappy Bike Dies When Coming to Idle- Need Help Diagnosing

I really need help figuring out what the issue is with my bike.
I have a 2007 GSXR 600 with a full Yoshimura R-55 exhaust and Power Commander and the idle has been raised to 1300.

When I first start riding, the bike performs well but then every time I ease on the throttle to slow down or to come to a red light, the bike starts 'bucking and kicking and faltering'- it feels like I'm riding a horse. It'll feel like a jerking motion until I open the throttle again. There'll be times when I'm down shifting coming up to a red light and the bike just dies.

I've gotten my bike serviced for valves, got a new battery, cleaned the fuel injectors, relocated the rectifier, checked out the stator, and did and oil change. Thought that would've solved the issue but no, that wasn't it.

I took my bike to a dealership and one of the people there kept revving my bike and every single time it came back down to idle, my bike would just die. They tried messing around with the clutch but that didn't do anything. They quoted me $2k on fixing it but when I asked them what the problem is, they didn't even know.

I've tried asking around, some people said it could be the power commander or to raise my idle to 1800 or it could be the fueling system or a electrical issue with the fueling system. Please help me!!!

*Side note: I've never re-tuned by bike since I bought it- I kind of assumed the previous owner would've already gotten it tuned if he bought the power commander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000 & K1 750
Re: Bike Dies When Coming to Idle- Need Help Diagnosing

Could be clogged vacuum lines. Try disconnecting IAP sensor's electrical connector. If bike runs better, then remove the vacuum lines and clean them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.
Re: Bike Dies When Coming to Idle- Need Help Diagnosing

Check your charging system, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode