Brand New here,Fuel pump question, Could use some help :) - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Brand New here,Fuel pump question, Could use some help :)

Hello! While I dont own a gsxr600.... I do own the engine which is the powerplant for a proposed project. I have a 2007 gsxr600 and was hoping to find out if the 08+ fuel pumps/level sender will work for this engine and its stock gauge cluster?

This engine was saved from a wrecked bike for what its worth.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Attached is a photo of my last project which was powered by a salvaged 2003 gsxr600.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131103_121358.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	552280  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Re: Brand New here,Fuel pump question, Could use some help :)

OEM part number says 06-07 600 & 750. I don't have the wiring diagram or specs for the 08 to see how different it is. It might work, it might not.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 02:17 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

The K8 fuel pump is the T35 type, which is a superior design. It ought to use the same connector. The service manuals indicate that the K8 level sensor varies from 5 Ω full to 81 Ω empty. But the K6 (and K7?) sensor varies from 182 Ω full to 4 Ω empty. I'm suspicious of both manuals as both the K5-6 and K7-8 1000's are 4 Ω full/182 Ω empty and they use the T30 and T35 pump types. I fail to see why Suzuki would juggle things around on the 600's (though stranger things have happened). At face value you're going to have to do some finagling to make the K8 level gauge work, ex. bend the float arm so that it works backwards, add some resistance, etc. But I suggest that you do some testing with resistors and an ohmmeter as the 600 manuals may be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Thanks for the replies.. The major thing i noticed was that the k7 fuel pump has a sump in it and less of a fuel sump in the tank... whereas the k8 pump is flat bottomed and the tank seems to have more of a sump in it. pending the tank is more than 1/8 full id say thats probably a mute point though.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:47 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoochikin04 View Post
Hello! While I dont own a gsxr600.... I do own the engine which is the powerplant for a proposed project. I have a 2007 gsxr600 and was hoping to find out if the 08+ fuel pumps/level sender will work for this engine and its stock gauge cluster?

This engine was saved from a wrecked bike for what its worth.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Attached is a photo of my last project which was powered by a salvaged 2003 gsxr600.

Welcome!

That thing is pretty sweet, cool build!! How does it perform with lack of torque from the 600? Does it still shred or what?!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Hey,

I no longer own that buggy pictured. Now starting a new build. So yea even with only 48or so lbft of torque that buggy felt like a freight train. The gearing is so much steeper than the stock bike. example: it had a 12 or 13 tooth front sprocket and a 60 tooth rear with 22.5" tall rear tires for a while and then went to 25" tall rears. it would light em up on the pavement. Imagine running your bike with one of those massive stunting rear sprockets what are they like 70+ tooth? and then a solid wheelie bar holding you down. The acceleration would be sick!

Here is a 72 tooth rear I ran for a short bit but it made 1st and 2nd gear unusable in the gravel and soft dirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3600 copy.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	516.9 KB
ID:	552282  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:48 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

I've always thought that the well on the T30 pumps would be good at scavenging the last bit of fuel. A Mitsubishi article about the T35 talks about a "fuel accumulation part" that holds fuel discharged from the pressure regulator to be fed into the suction filter. But I've inspected a T35 and looked at cross sectional drawings and don't see anything like that. So I'd like to see a depression in the tank where a T35 mounts to provide that well. Depending on the shape of your tank and how much sloshing there is, it could (I'd think) be important when running close to empty. Something like this could be used to lower the point where the pump attaches so as to create a small well.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SyMAA...OB/s-l1600.jpg

Another thing to be aware of is that the main filter in the T30 pumps tends to run around $300 vs around $110 for the T35's. There are lots of threads here about problems where the filter was clogged and needed to be replaced.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Thats pricey.

I was able to secure a 2007 tank and pump for a 600. hopefully it works well. The yellow tank I used in the buggy picture was a 2003 and its shape funneled the fuel right into the pump.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Squid

I may have to rely on you guys to help me get all my sensors in the right places and so forth. its been a few years since I had to go through that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode