2006 gsxr 600 with a 750 dash in it causing problems? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

2006 gsxr 600 with a 750 dash in it causing problems?

i bought a 06 gsxr 600 as my first bike and with me being a novice i bought one with a 750 dash in it and didnt find out until i was home after i purchased it, it has a hot start issue and doesnt want to rev all the way, could that be a problem stemming from it having the wrong dash in it? i put a new starter and stator and rectifier on it, its not vapor locking, i have checked most of the wiring and haven't found any issues, im stumped, im pretty mechanically inclined and i have tried everything i think to fix the issue and now im wondering if the dash could be causing it.any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 07:26 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Re: 2006 gsxr 600 with a 750 dash in it causing problems?

No, the dash shouldn't cause any issues. Do you see FI flashing on it, where the coolant temperature readout is?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Squid

no theres no fi but the oil lamp turns on at random times sometimes it stays on for 3-4 minutes after i start it up but the oil level is fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 07:05 AM

When you say "they oil lamp", I assume you mean the general fault indicator, the red led in the upper right corner. When it lights up, do you see an icon of an oiler on the display? If so, don't run the engine until you figure out what's causing it. It might just be a bad pressure switch, or something might actually be preventing buildup of oil pressure. Either way, you need to fix this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Squid

yeah its the little red light that looks like a lamp haha but it doesnt say check or fi on it when the red light comes on, it doesnt throw any codes, but i will check that out
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Again, that warning line comes on in several circumstances. FI codes are one; others include low oil pressure, in which case there should also be an oiler icon on the dash display, or hight temperature, when a thermometer icon should be visible. Check what the light is trying to tell you and then why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode