Super charger whine in neutral when revving - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Super charger whine in neutral when revving

Changed the water pump yesterday flushed all the coolant and changed the oil. Today I noticed the bike would whine when I rev it in neutral. It’s pretty noticiable and I really think I would’ve noticed it before considering how thorough I check the bike. Any ideas what this could be? Also my regulator and or stator is shot at the moment, but I don’t think it could be that. https://youtu.be/85NWfB8KaJU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Re: Super charger whine in neutral when revving

Get a big flat screwdriver and press it hard against the waterpump. Put your ear against the handle and see if that sound is coming from the pump. The new pump might be bad, or just need time to break in.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
Get a big flat screwdriver and press it hard against the waterpump. Put your ear against the handle and see if that sound is coming from the pump. The new pump might be bad, or just need time to break in.
I’ll give that a look when the bike is charged up, but as far as I know it’s not coming from the pump. It sounds like it’s coming from the radiator or under the airbox. Might be the CCT? If so that would be a huge coincidence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 PM
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....

Re: Super charger whine in neutral when revving

Talking out my ass but: Is it possible you filled it up wrong and there's just air stuck where the pump is that it can't purge? If you're hearing a whine after changing the pump, it's just too easy to assume the problem is there.

Many out here know the procedure to properly flush cooling. I don't.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Talking out my ass but: Is it possible you filled it up wrong and there's just air stuck where the pump is that it can't purge? If you're hearing a whine after changing the pump, it's just too easy to assume the problem is there.

Many out here know the procedure to properly flush cooling. I don't.
Yeah I listened to it and it sounds like it’s coming from the pump. Can’t be the CCT lol. I just hope it’s not actually damaged. I flushed and filled up the coolant as I would for a car. I’ll check out how to do it for the gsxr properly. Hopefully that fixes it, engine ice isn’t cheap 😟
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Update for anybody out there or is having a similar problem. It’s the stator lol. Case closed 🤑
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode