Help iv fallen and i cant get up - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Help iv fallen and i cant get up

Hey guys so ive road motorcycles for many years. Two days ago i had somthing stump me and cannot figure it out to save my life. I have a 2006 GSXR 600. I go for a ride bike starts up perfect, runs and rides great. I stop to talk to some buddies and bike would not start back just turns over so i roll start it starts right up. I can let the bike set and cool down and it starts with switch like nothing was ever wrong. Now it does this everytime i ride for a min. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Re: Help iv fallen and i cant get up

I'm a bit confused: so the bike starts fine when cold, but when hot it just cranks but won't start? Do you hear any difference in the way the starter cranks the motor when hot vs cold (such as slower or weaker cranking for instance)? Do you get any codes when cranking without starting?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Squid

So when i get on the bike for the first time bike starts right up with no problem. I can ride for say 10 minutes or so and turn the bike off. And it will not start back right away. I can let it sit for awhile and it will fire right back up like nothing ever happen. Or i can roll start the bike and it fires right up. It does not lose any power on bottom end or top end. Truns over normal as always. No codes are showing.
I have checked for codes and its the C00 witch mean nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.
Re: Help iv fallen and i cant get up

Your rectifier is kicking out too much voltage and heating your battery up. I bet that if you took off the seat after a ride, the battery would be super hot to the touch.

Download your manual and test the generator, battery and rectifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode