I think I overcharged my battery and wrecked my stator?
Hi, just joined and already found a ton of useful information in these forums. Last summer, I was preparing for riding season and put my battery on a battery tinder, but I believe it set it on the wrong setting (maybe 12v instead of 2 that it was suppose to be on? I forget).
Now, my battery would die eventually, replace it, last a week or so and smell like sulfur and die. I don't want to repeat this process, but with me improperly charging a batter really wreck my stator/rectifier? I don't have tons of money to throw at it (college), but found a $53 option on eBay.
Also, I found useful guides for checking the status of them, EXCEPT for the servicemanualsgsxr site. I can't find the actual download button anywhere.
Thanks for looking this over.