Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Need help with fuel pump and secodaries.

788 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Beairsto Racing 
#1 ·
So ill give as much info as I can.
15k gsxr 2006 600
Before we tore the bike down it just dies and the power completely went out and wouldn't even turn on anymore. tried to roll start and jump with a car. this was due to the frayed main power wire on the harness and a bad stator possibly rectifier so we replaced them both. . We thought we had a problem with the tranny so we dropped the engine. The old main harness looked like it was in Hiroshima so we replaced it with a 2007. We finally have the bike together and the fuel pump will not prime and the secodaries do not adjust when key is turned.

What works. Cluster, headlights, signal, starter.

What doesn't that I see: secodaries, fuel pump. also cannot get into dealer mode.

So I have checked the fuel pump with live wires it runs fine off the battery. I have two fuel pump/signal relays they work fine. kick stand sensor is fine along with tip and clutch sensor.

The power at the connector to the fuel pump is only .67 volts. Why is it so low if the relay and battery are fine and new. I replaced all the fuses and this harness is like brand new with only 2500k on the bike it came off of. I also checked the tip sensor it works fine and everything worked before it all went out the day it died on us. is it the ecu? did it fry when tried to be jumped or maybe when the stator when out and possibly the rectifier. Its weird though because when the key is on its showing a voltage of .67 volts on fuel pump connector. of course its very low but.. so some power is getting through.

is there some fuse or relay that is for the secondaries/ fuel pump.

we still don't have the radiator on or oil in it but it should still prime /prep the engine right?

See less See more
#2 ·
So ill give as much info as I can.
15k gsxr 2006 600
Before we tore the bike down it just dies and the power completely went out and wouldn't even turn on anymore. tried to roll start and jump with a car. this was due to the frayed main power wire on the harness and a bad stator possibly rectifier so we replaced them both. . We thought we had a problem with the tranny so we dropped the engine. The old main harness looked like it was in Hiroshima so we replaced it with a 2007. We finally have the bike together and the fuel pump will not prime and the secodaries do not adjust when key is turned.

What works. Cluster, headlights, signal, starter.

What doesn't that I see: secodaries, fuel pump. also cannot get into dealer mode.

So I have checked the fuel pump with live wires it runs fine off the battery. I have two fuel pump/signal relays they work fine. kick stand sensor is fine along with tip and clutch sensor.

The power at the connector to the fuel pump is only .67 volts. Why is it so low if the relay and battery are fine and new. I replaced all the fuses and this harness is like brand new with only 2500k on the bike it came off of. I also checked the tip sensor it works fine and everything worked before it all went out the day it died on us. is it the ecu? did it fry when tried to be jumped or maybe when the stator when out and possibly the rectifier. Its weird though because when the key is on its showing a voltage of .67 volts on fuel pump connector. of course its very low but.. so some power is getting through.

is there some fuse or relay that is for the secondaries/ fuel pump.

we still don't have the radiator on or oil in it but it should still prime /prep the engine right?
Did you find out the problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.