Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Please Please Help !!

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  methanol-addict 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this site and was wondering if I can get some help with my bike
I want to ask someone of the more experienced bikers, Are the crankshafts same for Suzuki gsxr 600 K6 and 750 K6, and do they fit? Because i've got k6 600cc and it makes some strange sounds, so i want to change it with crankshaft for 750cc..Thank you in advance

#3 ·
Did you find a lot of metal shavings in the oil?

#7 · (Edited)
No, they are different I believe...

12000-01820 is the crank for a 600
12000-02850 is the crank for a 750.

#10 ·
The stroke for the 600 is 42.5mm, 48.7mm for the 750. It's not going to work unless you change the head and pistons too - at which point you might as well just swap the entire engine.

#11 ·
The head waters of a future "I'm parting my bike out" thread. I can assure the OP that the motor will end up in a couple of sad oily card board boxes when you realize the amount of skill required to properly build a motor is way beyond what you're capable of. Find a used motor and spend the weekend swapping them out.

#14 ·
While rebuilding engines can be rewarding, it's far easier to just replace the motor. Won't even take you a weekend. Maybe about 12-14 hours at best. That's without another set of helping hands and lots of beer in between. Ask me how I know. Good luck. :cheers

#15 ·
As mentioned the bore and stroke is different, bore is 5mm bigger than the 600, physical size of the cases is similar so that leads me to think the 750 has different rods. Also, you won't be able to just slap the 750 bottom end in as the cases are different internally, if you can get a hold of a whole 750 engine then u could probably just swap it all, I'm assuming that you have diagnosed the exact thing yiu have wrong with the engine without pulling the engine down and inspecting it, wish I was able to do that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.