Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Fan rubbing my Radiator

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  QuietRider 
#1 ·
I noticed the other day there were light marks on my radiator from the cooling fan. Ill try and post some pics today. Has anyone had this problem before? should I just add a washer or bend the bracket a little? thanks.

#6 ·
moving your radiator bracket isnt gonna help your problem...that will just move the whole radiator and your fan is attached to your radiator. What happens usually when a bike is dropped and the radiator hits is it bows in towards the motor more .... stock is like like a ( and then when the bend they usually go more towards a C. So usually you can just add a washer or two to a couple of the brackets that hold the fan on to space it back or just bend the the brackets that hold the fan on a little so the fan is farther away from the rad. simple fix. but be aware though if it starts making too much contact and the fan gets stuck the first time it tries to kick on it will draw too much current trying to spin the stuck motor and pop your fan fuse...just fyi so you dont think your fan is bad if that happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.