Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

stator cover problem, need help fast

784 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  topgunz1 
#1 ·
ok, I need to get this bike fixed tomorrow as it's the only thing I got right now.
I had a feeling my stator was on it's way out, I would get an f1 light every once and while, and then I started to get a wierd noise, long story short, I found out after I took the cover off, 2 out of 3 bolts backed out and one of the heads were grinded down from hitting the stator basket.
I found a new bolt and go to put everything back and now the cover is hitting the starter gear and and the smaller cover won't bolt on. I had this problem 2 years ago when I changed the cover and could not get everything back together.
can somebody throw me some advice, help, something. I'm going insane because I can't see what can be holding me up. if sonebodies got a write up with pics, directions, step by step, anything

#2 ·
that gear is the most ridiculous thing in the world to put back together, all I can say is trial and error. I used the picture in the service manual just to try and get everything back in the right order but actually getting it together is the worst. My advice is don't tighten all the bolts to your cover until you get the gear on, cause you will drop a washer down into the stator at least 6 times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.