Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Questions

573 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spcmedic 
#1 ·
Im Thinking About Geting A Spedo Healer , Is It Worth It Or Not ??
I Still Have Stock Sprockets But Might Change Later Plus If Im Goin 80 Mph I Wana Kno My Spedo Is Right ! Also Whats The Deal With Sprockets I Dont Really Under Stand The -1 +3 -3 +3 Stuff What Does It Mean And What Does It Do ? I Kno Im Never Gonna Go To The Track So Do I Need My Bike To Go 180 Does That Stuff Effect Day To Day Ridin Some One Please Fully Explain This Shit To Me Im Lost

Oh I Forgot To Mention Im Riding A K7 600 1800miles On It

#2 ·
Speadohealers are worth the money in my opinion. If you are a perfectionist like me go for it. I want my speed to be exact. You will def want one if you are going to alter your sprockets cause your speed will be way off at that point. Easy to install and easy to program too. Go to the Motomummy website, they are great with customer service and price.

Simply stated sprocket info is as follows

If you subtract teeth in the front or add teeth in the rear your acceleration will increase and your bike will pull harder but you will loose top speed. (more acceleration less top speed)

If you add teeth to front or subtract teeth from rear your acceleration will decrease and your bike will pull less but your top speed will increase. (less acceleration more top speed.)

My advice if your not looking for top speed is to either go -1 in front or -1 front / +2 rear.

Hope this answers your question, let me know if I can be of further help

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.