Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Cut on fairing, which paint? *Pic*

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  JRDNGIXX 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to get rid of the boomerang decal. So I went with a hobby knive to cut them from the GSXR logo. I took off the left fairing decal with no problems, but then when I was the right fairing decal I accidently pushed to hard, and it slightly cut into the plastic through the decal :hammer . So when I peeled it off, small chips of paint were stuck to the adhesive. I was looking at color rite, to see if I could just touch it up, and was wondering if it would work? Also could I get away by just using the top paint, or do I need the base, and top paint? Should the color pen be enough to cover this up?

\

Also I realize the stock GSXR decal is pretty butchered, so i'm going to have to get new ones to overlay it, and yeah I should of probally of just gotten a set from the start and removed the whole decal instead of cutting into it. :sad

It doesn't look as bad from only a few feet away.

See less See more
#3 ·
Personally, I would just take off the decals and order new ones. the one's I have are a bit oversized and would probaly cover your cut marks. I got mine from keithld50 on ebay. He can make a custom one for you.

#5 ·
Blakester said:
Personally, I would just take off the decals and order new ones. the one's I have are a bit oversized and would probaly cover your cut marks. I got mine from keithld50 on ebay. He can make a custom one for you.

I checked out his ebay auctions and they look good. I'm trying to decide on a custom one.

Am I the only one who likes the camo "R"? ;)

#6 ·
Blakester said:
I was thinking of doing this, but to get the decal the size needed to cover the scratch, it would look way to big for the fairing.

#8 ·
DrBaker said:
I checked out his ebay auctions and they look good. I'm trying to decide on a custom one.

Am I the only one who likes the camo "R"? ;)

I saw a Artic camo one(blu/grey) on a blu/wht 600, looked good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.