Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Leaking Anti-Freeze??

610 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mrshwll 
#1 ·
Iwent out for a little spirted run today and about 50 miles from my home I stop to take a break and lo and behold I am pouring anti freeze out the side of the bike right in front of the chain and it looks as if it exploded because the frame and swingarm as well as that side of the motor is dowsed with it. Interstingly enough though it never got hot stayed at around 179 the whole time I was even in stop and go traffic for a lillte bit and it only got to about 197 then back down.

Any Ideas what it could have been?? I am taking it to the dealer Tues. It should be covered under warranty as I have done nothing to it to cause it to run hotter than normal.

The bike is 4 Months old and has 3200 miles on it sucks that this happend but oh well I guess thats just bad luck:(

#5 ·
Well I went outside to try to figure out what happend and this is what I found.

I took both fairings off and the Tank, and lo and behold there it was. The main coolant line that feeds the Cylinders had slide down but not off, the hose clamp somehow came loose and lost its grip causing the pressure in the coolant line to spew all over the place causing one heck of a mess. I tightned up the clamp really well and I checked the RAD it is full of fluid but the tank is empty so I just need to refill the tank and wash her up and I should be good to go again :cheers .

I figured I would post my findings to let others know something to look for if it ever happens to anyone else.:)

#8 ·
Hey did your two run off lines melt together or are they okay. The same exact thing happened to my friends 06 600 and they said it was because the run off lines melted together so it built up pressure.

Also I hope you did your 600 mile tune up AT a shop and have the papers on it. Because if you don't, Suzuki voids the warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.