and then there was none - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
meep meep

Motorcycle: 07 600 Track, 04 R1 Street
and then there was none

so indy finally lost, and saints lost their second to TB

Was a good game all around, congrats jet's. Looks like at least one ny team will make the playoffs. Giants need to be beat in their locker room after todays loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 600.. K7 750.. 09 R1
Re: and then there was none

I hope this doesn't bite Indy in the ass, depending on how they rest their starters next week. A offence like Indy relies heavily on timing and rhythm.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way

Its not indy that will get bit, its the saints who could lose their next game, and the vikings win their last 2 and snatch home field advantage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

Nope, Vikings will get beat by the G Men ... Philly beats Dallas and gets 2nd spot & first rd bye.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

Yeah, because the Colts rested their starters at the end of the other recent seasons and look how well that worked out for them...
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm View Post
Nope, Vikings will get beat by the G Men ... Philly beats Dallas and gets 2nd spot & first rd bye.
No way in hell at home. Vikings will demolish the Giants in the metrodome. Manning will throw picks, and get his neck broke by Allen.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

LOL... You heard it here first V2

And yea, Colts are going to be off. They def don't wanna see the Chargers!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Black K8 600

Quote:
Now this is what I'm hoping for!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
No way in hell at home. Vikings will demolish the Giants in the metrodome. Manning will throw picks, and get his neck broke by Allen.
LMAO.... Vikings SHOULD have demolished the BEARS ... Cutler throws picks, and Allen should have broke his neck. Now when NYG beat the Vikings next week, it will be wide open for the # 2 spot.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Superbike

Fumble Peterson needs to be traded to the bucs. Dumb fucker
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
LMAO.... Vikings SHOULD have demolished the BEARS ... Cutler throws picks, and Allen should have broke his neck. Now when NYG beat the Vikings next week, it will be wide open for the # 2 spot.
Why did the Vikings not go for two to win? I know people (my wife included) say 'what if they miss?' but the Bears hadn't been able to stop MN at all so there's nothing to say that would have happened here. Conventional wisdom says to play for the tie at home and the win on the road. So already there's one strike against taking the tie. Also, the Vikings had the momentum so why chance losing a coin toss and also all that momentum? There's two. Plus you got Favre man.... go for the win!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Black K8 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Why did the Vikings not go for two to win? I know people (my wife included) say 'what if they miss?' but the Bears hadn't been able to stop MN at all so there's nothing to say that would have happened here. Conventional wisdom says to play for the tie at home and the win on the road. So already there's one strike against taking the tie. Also, the Vikings had the momentum so why chance losing a coin toss and also all that momentum? There's two. Plus you got Favre man.... go for the win!
I totally agree. Very bad decision there.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Superbike

Quote:
Because....................They are the Vikings. Dropped to a wild card if Philly beats Dallas
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Its easy to QB it from the couch... Like Pats coach going for it on their side of the field. Its all good until you dont make it. If the Vikings were to have gotten stopped. Childress would be getting hammered with the possibility of playing a wild card now looming. Bears offense was inconstant, they kept getting great field position on kicks. Even losing the toss, the Viks had a chance on O. And as you said the bears couldn't stop them at all the second half. Then Mr peterson came through for the Bears & Eagles... LMAO

Situation dictates, I would have played it safe and trusted my D and Farve to rally as well. Instead on the 2point gamble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 GSXR 750
520 -1+2 SS Conv
SpeedoHealer
Yosh R55
1CarbonTech CF
Pazzo Shorties
Puig Windscreen & Hugger
Bad Boy Racing Sliders
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Its easy to QB it from the couch... Like Pats coach going for it on their side of the field. Its all good until you dont make it. If the Vikings were to have gotten stopped. Childress would be getting hammered with the possibility of playing a wild card now looming. Bears offense was inconstant, they kept getting great field position on kicks. Even losing the toss, the Viks had a chance on O. And as you said the bears couldn't stop them at all the second half. Then Mr peterson came through for the Bears & Eagles... LMAO

Situation dictates, I would have played it safe and trusted my D and Farve to rally as well. Instead on the 2point gamble.
Keep in mind I wasn't QBing from the couch afterward and I was saying this even before they scored when I saw how much time was going to be left and assuming they were going to score again. Let's not forget that it wouldn't have been for sure the end of the game since there was about 16 seconds left and they still had to kick the ball off... onside attempt anyone? Sure it's a long shot and the whole world would have known they were going to onside kick but it was still a chance. Besides... tense situations like that are what Brett Favre lives for. Let the guy do what you brought him to MN to do instead of cutting his balls off at every chance.

Also, who won that game again? Oh yeah... guess going for the point to tie wasn't the right call.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Superbike

Giants are playing like shit, MN won 100% of their home games this season.

Dallas is a good team. Theres a VERY good chance Eagles lose and Vikings win next week to clinch the bye.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
meep meep

Motorcycle: 07 600 Track, 04 R1 Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Giants are playing like shit, MN won 100% of their home games this season.

Dallas is a good team. Theres a VERY good chance Eagles lose and Vikings win next week to clinch the bye.
so you are saying dallas is a good team and the giants suck, but dallas got beat BOTH times by the giants this year and yet lost to the eagles both times?

The nfl is wacky teams demolish other teams that then get demolished by teams other teams lost too. I wouldn't speak so soon about what is going to happen.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Magnum- View Post
so you are saying dallas is a good team and the giants suck, but dallas got beat BOTH times by the giants this year and yet lost to the eagles both times?

The nfl is wacky teams demolish other teams that then get demolished by teams other teams lost too. I wouldn't speak so soon about what is going to happen.
That's whats going to happen.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2000 Hayabusa- sold Now rocking the 2004 Fatboy

Let's just say that the Dallas-Philly game should be good.Romo had better play like he has the last 2 weeks and everyone knows Ware is going to do all he can to be in McSnabb's face all game
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Keep in mind I wasn't QBing from the couch afterward and I was saying this even before they scored when I saw how much time was going to be left and assuming they were going to score again. Let's not forget that it wouldn't have been for sure the end of the game since there was about 16 seconds left and they still had to kick the ball off... onside attempt anyone? Sure it's a long shot and the whole world would have known they were going to onside kick but it was still a chance. Besides... tense situations like that are what Brett Favre lives for. Let the guy do what you brought him to MN to do instead of cutting his balls off at every chance.

Also, who won that game again? Oh yeah... guess going for the point to tie wasn't the right call.
Yea it was the right call they came back from what 16-0 going in to the half. If they were going to attempt a 2pt they had plenty of time to do it before they would have been forced to luck out on a onside kick. They got the ball twice in OT. Opportunities were there. I'm sure the coach wasn't thinking I should go for two right now because my pro bowl RB might fumble.

They don't make the 2pt conv its coaches fault. They get the ball twice in OT only to have a jackass fumble... Yea thats AP's fault.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 GSXR 750
520 -1+2 SS Conv
SpeedoHealer
Yosh R55
1CarbonTech CF
Pazzo Shorties
Puig Windscreen & Hugger
Bad Boy Racing Sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode