Denver atop the AFC West after week 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)
Denver atop the AFC West after week 2

Who woulda thunk it? I know I wouldn't have but there they are. Not only that but they are +26 which puts them in 3rd place for difference out of the entire league. Not too bad and most of the credit goes the defense which has been surprisingly amazing so far. I don't think they can keep this pace up the entire season but I'll take 2-0 when I really didn't expect too much from them this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 1000
Re: Denver atop the AFC West after week 2

Woot!!!! Denver leads the AFC West!!!! The defense looks 100 times better than last year and hopefully Orton and the offense will catch up. Buckhalter looks strong, but my Nebraska heritage might be a bit bias on that one. Speaking of the Huskers, that game Sat. was a heartbreaker and I can't believe they dropped six spots in the poles.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydv13 View Post
Woot!!!! Denver leads the AFC West!!!! The defense looks 100 times better than last year and hopefully Orton and the offense will catch up. Buckhalter looks strong, but my Nebraska heritage might be a bit bias on that one. Speaking of the Huskers, that game Sat. was a heartbreaker and I can't believe they dropped six spots in the poles.
+2 on the Huskers man. I didn't give them much of a shot at winning and the almost pulled it off. That last play was such a let down and I was quite upset that the entire defensive line gave up on that play. They cost the Huskers the game as far as I'm concerned and once again defensive problems continue to plague Nebraska.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
+2 on the Huskers man. I didn't give them much of a shot at winning and the almost pulled it off. That last play was such a let down and I was quite upset that the entire defensive line gave up on that play. They cost the Huskers the game as far as I'm concerned and once again defensive problems continue to plague Nebraska.
I thought the defense did a hell of a job until that one play, they really kept Tyrod Taylor in check. The whole second half I was saying the defense can't hold these guys off forever and I was waiting for that one big play The offense really could have helped the defense out by getting some first downs in the fourth quarter and it really would have helped if they didn't get close to 40 yards in penalties when they were in the red-zone actually looking at a touchdown.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Track Day Winner

not to be Debbie Downer, but they played Cinci and Cleveland who were a combined 8-23-1 last year.

Granted I think Cinci is better this year, but lets not rush to judgement.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana0215 View Post
not to be Debbie Downer, but they played Cinci and Cleveland who were a combined 8-23-1 last year.

Granted I think Cinci is better this year, but lets not rush to judgement.
I don't recall saying Denver will be the greatest team of all time but so far they have beat who was put in front of them. Sure beats the 1-1 Patriots lost to the Jets who they wanted to destroy after Rex talked shit all week and were a fumble away from losing to the Bills and starting the season 0-2. Far as I'm concerned the Broncos have played WELL above expectations so I'll give credit where credit is due but I'm far from calling them an elite team in the NFL.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Track Day Winner

Denver is going to choke like usual. They had 2 easy teams to start the season. Look at the remaining games. Raiders(W), Dallas (L), NE (L), Chargers (L), bye, Ravens (L), Steelers (L), Redskins (W), Chargers (L), NY (L), KC, (W), Colts (L), Raiders (W), Eagles (L), KC (W)... 7-9 is their record when its all said and done... oh and BTW GO BOLTS
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Of course you would think that San Diego will win both of those games. Denver will win at least one of those and possibly both but I'm not going to get too far ahead until I've seen more of both teams but if Denver's D plays like it has and SD plays as bad as it has Denver will win both games. I also think the rest of your predictions are off as well and see things different. I think they can easily go 4-0 for the first four games because that Cowboys game is at Mile High and Dallas hasn't shown me anything yet. Either way, Denver has a great shot of making the playoffs and possibly even winning the division which is more than I had planned on before the season started. If the defense keeps playing as well as they have they can beat most of teams they face.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Track Day Winner

Dallas will be a close game because it is at home. The problem is that Denver should be 1-1 so I can not give them that game. If they had blow out their 1st two opp I would say 4-0 is a shot. But Oakland isn't playing bad D this year so far. So it will be an interesting year. Oh and I live in Denver and even the people I talk to still think Denver will choke.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL4LIFE!! View Post
Dallas will be a close game because it is at home. The problem is that Denver should be 1-1 so I can not give them that game. If they had blow out their 1st two opp I would say 4-0 is a shot. But Oakland isn't playing bad D this year so far. So it will be an interesting year. Oh and I live in Denver and even the people I talk to still think Denver will choke.
What is this 'should be' shit? You can't give them that game? Well, it doesn't matter what you give them because Denver is 2-0. Undefeated is undefeated. Margin of victory doesn't matter and beauty of victory doesn't matter. Just ask the Cardinals about 'should have won' and how much it meant to them as they watched the Steelers hoist that Lombardi Trophy up. Of course people in Denver are saying that Denver will choke. People in San Diego think that the Chargers can fly a mission to another solar system for NASA so who cares what you heard? Nobody predicted Denver to do shit this year so 2-0 is awesome. They have NOTHING to live up to for the first time in about as long as I can remember. San Diego on the other hand is already behind the 8-ball (let's not forget how close they are to being 0-2 if you want to talk about almosts) and it's only the second week. This shit is great!
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It should also be noted that the new Power Rankings just came out and Denver is moved graciously up to #20 from #24. They even have a team that hasn't won a single game yet this year (Miami) ranked ahead of them. The season is early and the lack of respect has already begun. Denver is never respected or given credit so I don't know what I was expecting anyway.

Broncos have the #2 defense and the #8 offense in the entire NFL and they are 20 on the Power Rankings list??
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Track Day Winner

They lost their respect when Elway left. Basically because everyone knew there was no replacement. And well Josh McDaniels, Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall.... Where is there supposed to be respect? Denver barely won against a team that BLOWS wk 1. By a lucky catch (although I was thankful for it since he was on my fantasy team). And of course they win easy wk 2. They should have. The real tests are to come. They have to win at least 2 of the next 4 games heading into the bye week or they are done. Because of the schedule after the bye. And honeslty if Denver wins one game against the Chargers this year thats fine but it better not be in Denver. I have tickets on the 40 yd line behind the denver bench and I will be taunting the Donkeys all day long.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way

Vikings vs Broncos, Super Bowl

I'm actually a Broncos fan also, as my grandparents, and cousins all live in Colorado. Mainly in Firestone, Jer may know where that is. I was there last year. Pretty area, near the national park, great view of Pikes Peak from the picture window.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Track Day Winner

Vikings really? Brett is already hurt. The bent nail from sunday. He will keep playing and hurt the team at the end of the season just like the Jets last season. Adrian Peterson can not do everything. The greatest backs can not carry the team. Look at SD a couple years ago. They used LT so much he couldn't do anything later in the year. They do that to Peterson they will have a hard time getting past the second round.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
They lost their respect when Elway left.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah? Blah. Blah: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
2-0

Quote:
And honeslty if Denver wins one game against the Chargers this year thats fine but it better not be in Denver. I have tickets on the 40 yd line behind the denver bench and I will be taunting the Donkeys all day long.
Now this is all starting to make sense. You're one of those fans that thinks their team will win ever game including the Super Bowl regardless of facts and is an asshole to everyone else. Wonderful. You do so much for the sport.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson can not do everything.
Are you sure of that?

The fact that he's a men playing amongst boys aside, the Vikings are more than just an amazing back. They have a great O line and a great defense. They are a strong team all the way around and I could probably play QB and take them to the playoffs.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way

Quote:

Are you sure of that?

The fact that he's a men playing amongst boys aside, the Vikings are more than just an amazing back. They have a great O line and a great defense. They are a strong team all the way around and I could probably play QB and take them to the playoffs.
THAT would be funny

And AP throws a screen to himself, blocks for himself, .........and TOUCHDOWN!!!!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 07 750

I hate to say this but I hate Denver and always will...only because of John Elway. Being from Seattle, I have never met anyone here in Seattle who has ever liked Denver or Elway, probably because he used to light up the Hawks in the 80-90's...but than again, who didn't.

Its a long season...
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

Quote:
What is this 'should be' shit? You can't give them that game? Well, it doesn't matter what you give them because Denver is 2-0. Undefeated is undefeated. Margin of victory doesn't matter and beauty of victory doesn't matter. Just ask the Cardinals about 'should have won' and how much it meant to them as they watched the Steelers hoist that Lombardi Trophy up. Of course people in Denver are saying that Denver will choke. People in San Diego think that the Chargers can fly a mission to another solar system for NASA so who cares what you heard? Nobody predicted Denver to do shit this year so 2-0 is awesome. They have NOTHING to live up to for the first time in about as long as I can remember. San Diego on the other hand is already behind the 8-ball (let's not forget how close they are to being 0-2 if you want to talk about almosts) and it's only the second week. This shit is great!
Well...the Chargers are also just as close to being 2 - 0. You know how that goes. Props to Denver for getting the job done with Kyle Orton and good defense. Hopefully the AFC west proves to be a better conference overall this year.

side note: watched the games at the local sports bar this weekend and was kickin it with one of my buddies and ended up hangin with a well educated, non-myopic Raider fan. He hung out for the afternoon games...cool as shit. Love watchin at the sports bar....you learn how to take plenty o shit in person...all in fun, man.

Last edited by Kent Brockman; 09-22-2009 at 10:07 PM.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman View Post
side note: watched the games at the local sports bar this weekend and was kickin it with one of my buddies and ended up hangin with a well educated, non-myopic Raider fan.
pics or it didn't happen
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydv13 View Post
pics or it didn't happen
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode