8 games or more 6 30.00%
Vikings go to the super bowl 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way
How long will favre last?

Just getting opinions. I personally think he gets urt in the first couple games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 600
Re: How long will favre last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Just getting opinions. I personally think he gets urt in the first couple games.

Well, here's how I am looking at it.

Dome = less outside cold/wind games to play

AP/C. Taylor/Shaincoe = Less need to throw deep balls as they are capable of cathing the ball, although, they still have deep ball threats with their WR's

Vikings Line = less times Farve is hit/sacked

BUT, Vikes DEF = Keeping Farve on field alot longer if they are shutting offenses down.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

If he makes it out of the first four games I think he'll be doing good. Not what the Vikings want to hear based on what they paid him but that's just a poor investment. I find it funny that their odds to win the Superbowl dropped clear to 12:1 as soon as they singed him from a longer shot at 24:1. Glad Vegas still thinks he's such a game changer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way

Well, his first game last night, he played a series or 2, went 1 for 4, for 4 yards. TJ came out strong, 12 for 15 for 202 yards, vikes win again. Lets hope Favre just needed to warm up because he didnt look any better than Jackson last night, and actually looked worse
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2005 Suzuki GSXR 600..2001 CBR600 F4I..99 Yamaha Warrior 350 ATV..98 Suzuki RM125..2004 SDG109..2001 Ski Doo Formula Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesNotlr1000 View Post
Well, here's how I am looking at it.

Dome = less outside cold/wind games to play

AP/C. Taylor/Shaincoe = Less need to throw deep balls as they are capable of cathing the ball, although, they still have deep ball threats with their WR's

Vikings Line = less times Farve is hit/sacked

BUT, Vikes DEF = Keeping Farve on field alot longer if they are shutting offenses down.

+1. I think Favre still has it and he knows it. Why would you give up a game that your getting paid millions to play and at that same time you have dropped out of your prime. I think he has a good two or three seasons left with the Vikings. I am not a Favre fan but I cant take the credit away from him. The guy is one hell of a QB for his age and people are still under estimating what he can do for the Vikings in that division.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 78 Kawi KZ650 (sold) 00 R1 (sold) 02 GSXR1000 (sold) 06 GSXR1000 (sold), 04 V-Rod (sold) 08 R1

Farve = more rushing yards for AP (if he stays healthy) and leadership in the huddle that has been missing since D Culpepper got hurt in 2005. Farve did not look good last night but it was about what I expected. It's all about syncronization/timing and that will come. Heck, he has only practiced w/ the receivers/offense since Tue afternoon

Getting hurt obviously depends how many hits he takes but remember he is a pretty rugged QB. Go Vikes!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Well, his first game last night, he played a series or 2, went 1 for 4, for 4 yards. TJ came out strong, 12 for 15 for 202 yards, vikes win again. Lets hope Favre just needed to warm up because he didnt look any better than Jackson last night, and actually looked worse
Quote:
Originally Posted by matte220 View Post
Farve = more rushing yards for AP (if he stays healthy) and leadership in the huddle that has been missing since D Culpepper got hurt in 2005. Farve did not look good last night but it was about what I expected. It's all about syncronization/timing and that will come. Heck, he has only practiced w/ the receivers/offense since Tue afternoon

Getting hurt obviously depends how many hits he takes but remember he is a pretty rugged QB. Go Vikes!!

+1

Not defending Farves performance lastnight however, when watching a vid clip about his performance it did notably show on 2 of the dropped passes that him and the reciever were not exactly on the same page.

1 throw Farve anticipated the reciever to cont the route which he didnt end result INC pass

2nd Throw mid field was wide open and the Rookie didnt follow thru with his cut and take the mid field hence another INC Pass

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 600.. K7 750.. 09 R1

Farve wont last long getting planted on his ass like he did the other night.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

He'll last more than 8 games for sure, but they are gonna get sick of him as soon as he starts heaving the ball all over the place and have the int's rack up. He's still a gamer, but things aint what they used to be.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: k6 1k, '07 Husky SMR510

i think Favre is a great addition to the vikings. the QB spot was definitely their weakest postition, and he wont have the pressure to air it up all the time because he has the best RB in the NFL. The Vikings will be contenders for sure this year. Favre stats wont be off the charts or anything like that, but he can manage the game better than just about anyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode