All Steeler Fans Come On In!!!!!! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750
All Steeler Fans Come On In!!!!!!

So Is Everyone ready for another run at the Lombardi Trophy?

2009 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

REGULAR SEASON

Thursday, Sept. 10 vs. Titans
Sunday, Sept 20 @ Bears
Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Bengals
Sunday, Oct. 4 vs. Chargers
Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Lions
Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Browns
Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Vikings

Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos
Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens
Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders
Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns
Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers
Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens

Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins

This doesn't look at all like an uphill fight to me. I know repeating is a difficult task but this schedule isn't keeping me up at night if you know what I mean. Any other thoughts?!?!

"Ahhhhh.....Nothing like a run up Rte 33 to Franklin, WVA and down 220 to Covington, VA to get the kinks out...."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
--Rev. Dr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luther King, Jr.

"You know me still got the flow that'll pop speakers
First option on offense the top feature" -- Jadakiss
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750
Re: All Steeler Fans Come On In!!!!!!

Dude that looks like an easy schedule.

I haven't been keeping up with the draft as much as a good fan should, but I can't freakin wait for this season to start
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

That schedule isn't going to be as easy as it looks. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they get over 10 wins this season though...maybe even 12. Btw the steelers are my fav afc team so I'm not hatin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 600

Steelers suck

Sorry had to throw that out there considering I cant throw my team out as being only 1 of 3 teams with the most SuperBowl wins anymore

And no its not them damn Cowgirls
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowersk View Post
That schedule isn't going to be as easy as it looks. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they get over 10 wins this season though...maybe even 12. Btw the steelers are my fav afc team so I'm not hatin.
And you see the problem coming from which teams? I know the Ravens play tough. Always a good game. I mean come on!!! The Raiders? Cleveland? There are no Colts, Patriots, or Eagles anywhere on that list.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Amateur

Carson Palmer + healthy = better bengals
Bears
Chargers
Vikings - If Brett favre ends up there.
Packers
Ravens
Dolphins

Not saying that any of them are better at this point, but its not like the Steelers are going to just run over those teams.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Carson Palmer + healthy = better bengals
maybe a better game then years past
Quote:
Bears
Suspect
Quote:
Chargers
Good game
Quote:
Vikings - If Brett favre ends up there.
Favre has 4 INTs that game
Quote:
Packers
Ravens
Dolphins
Again, good games

We don't have to run over them, just have more points on the board during postgame interviews to get the "W"

BTW remember I did say that repeating is hard to do in my first post. BUT....that list isn't making the greatest defensive mind in football go back to the whiteboard to come up with new schemes is all I'm saying. I also didn't say we were going to pull a '72 Dolphins or anything either.

Is Sweed gonna step up to the plate this year?

"Ahhhhh.....Nothing like a run up Rte 33 to Franklin, WVA and down 220 to Covington, VA to get the kinks out...."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
--Rev. Dr.
Luther King, Jr.

"You know me still got the flow that'll pop speakers
First option on offense the top feature" -- Jadakiss
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Gixxer View Post
maybe a better game then years past

Suspect

Good game
Favre has 4 INTs that game
Again, good games

We don't have to run over them, just have more points on the board during postgame interviews to get the "W"

BTW remember I did say that repeating is hard to do in my first post. BUT....that list isn't making the greatest defensive mind in football go back to the whiteboard to come up with new schemes is all I'm saying. I also didn't say we were going to pull a '72 Dolphins or anything either.

Is Sweed gonna step up to the plate this year?
Hay, Limas is from horns country - anything is possible.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

too tough to judge preseason wise. Injuries or a hot team always come into play.

If I had to predict 10-6 to around 13-3. If Pitt stays healthy.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 600.. K7 750.. 09 R1

You had a tougher sched last year.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:40 PM
PalinFan88

Motorcycle: 07 1kRR

Carson Palmer + healthy = better bengals (Thank freakin god)
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnatibodyman View Post
Carson Palmer + healthy = better bengals (Thank freakin god)
No TJ housh = doubles on Chad 85 all day long.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

Most important thing, if they stay healthy and if they're hungry coming off of sixth title victory. If so, I see atleast 11 wins. Division is gonna be tougher this year, no doubt. In todays age you can't always look at the new and coming schedule and try to determine if it's gonna be a good year or not. Teams change way too fast, plus and minus. Cincy and Cleveland will be better. Baltimore always brings the smack. Minnesota, Miami, Chicago, Tennessee, Greenbay will be tough. And Kansas City is my pick for the surprise team of the year. Not a "wow that is a tough schedule", however, I think it's not as easy as it may look to some. I am a diehard " Burgh " fan, but at the same time, I am an honest one. A lot of things have to fall into place for any team to have a successful season.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Professional Baby Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
Most important thing, if they stay healthy. If so, I see atleast 11 wins. Division is gonna be tougher this year, no doubt. In todays age you can't always look at the new and coming schedule and try to determine if it's gonna be a good year or not. Teams change way too fast, plus and minus. Cincy and Cleveland will be better. Baltimore always brings the smack. Minnesota, Chicago, Tennessee, Greenbay will be tough. And Kansas City is my pick for the surprise team of the year. Not a "wow that is a tough schedule", however, I think it's not as easy as it may look to some.
I still think KC should not have traded for Cassel. I really like Tyler Thigpen. Thought he'd have a breakout year. Cassel I think was more a product of his supporting cast than him being a great qb. We'll see though.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by soysauce021 View Post
No TJ housh = doubles on Chad 85 all day long.
Great call, Palmer being healthy will be a huge deal and he's so good that someone else in the receiving core will step up and be a second contributor to Johnson. It just won't be this year. And by the time that time does come, Johnson will most likely be gone or just too damn old. They do have a guy by the name of Kelly, who I think is gonna be a good one, but not enough this year to take that much heat off of Johnson.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by soysauce021 View Post
I still think KC should not have traded for Cassel. I really like Tyler Thigpen. Thought he'd have a breakout year. Cassel I think was more a product of his supporting cast than him being a great qb. We'll see though.
Couldn't agree with you more, Tyler Thigpen was just starting to be that guy you're looking for. And Cassel was absolutely a product of having a wonderful receiving core. I see him struggling a little in the first half and Thigpen taking over. Regardless, KC is gonna be the shocker team. And what I mean by that is, they're gonna be a wildcard playoff team, much improved team in a very weak division and those comments have nothing to do with the addition of Cassel. Thigpen proved to be a great leader on what was a bad team last year and there D was what kept them down. But it will be much improved this year. Regardless of who is receiving the snaps, they make the playoffs. " What did you say, playoffs ? Playoffs ! You wanna talk about playoffs ? Uff. " Lol ! ! ! I also think LJ is gonna bounce back in a big way, he'll be playing like he has something to prove this year. And as far as our beloved Steelers, the AFC is fucking brutal with the amount of contending teams and this year is only gonna get tougher with Brady and Palmer coming back. What's your thoughts B-Money ?
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 600.. K7 750.. 09 R1

You guys have some high hopes for the Bengals. But with Carson back they'll will def win more than 4 games. Considering Fitzpatrick single handedly lost games. Chad Ocho will be fine. As long as him and Carson are healthy. Lotta people ride "the other" guys jock and blame success off another WR being there taking heat...
Chad was putting up numbers before Houz emerged, when sorry ass Peter Warrick was on his opposite. Steve Smith has never had help (MUshin) is not it...Calvin Johnson had NO ONE... Andre Johnson is arguably the best WR in the game. Never had or has help. Thats like saying Fitzgerald would never be the same with out Boldin.. Ok enough rambling.

Chiefs success will balance on the legs of LJ. If they cant run and ease the pressure your gonna see a lot of games like when the Pats played the Steelers. But it'd be a familiar site for Chiefs fans. Its too bad Tony left this year, because I think he would have been a huge asset for Cassel. Got some young talent at WR, a great TE would have been very beneficial.

I dont see the Titans repeating the season they had last year. Steelers, Pats will emerge as the beast of the "AFC" ... But as someone else stated there are so many teams "right there" anyone can put it together and win. Im glad my Eagles are not in the AFC...lol Usually if we can make it out of our div were good to go.

07 GSXR 750
520 -1+2 SS Conv
SpeedoHealer
Yosh R55
1CarbonTech CF
Pazzo Shorties
Puig Windscreen & Hugger
Bad Boy Racing Sliders
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, Tyler Thigpen was just starting to be that guy you're looking for. And Cassel was absolutely a product of having a wonderful receiving core. I see him struggling a little in the first half and Thigpen taking over. Regardless, KC is gonna be the shocker team. And what I mean by that is, they're gonna be a wildcard playoff team, much improved team in a very weak division and those comments have nothing to do with the addition of Cassel. Thigpen proved to be a great leader on what was a bad team last year and there D was what kept them down. But it will be much improved this year. Regardless of who is receiving the snaps, they make the playoffs. " What did you say, playoffs ? Playoffs ! You wanna talk about playoffs ? Uff. " Lol ! ! ! I also think LJ is gonna bounce back in a big way, he'll be playing like he has something to prove this year. And as far as our beloved Steelers, the AFC is fucking brutal with the amount of contending teams and this year is only gonna get tougher with Brady and Palmer coming back. What's your thoughts B-Money ?
The thing Cassel has going for him is confidence that he got playing for the Pats last year. Confidence is %70 of the battlle at qb. I'm gonna disagree with you guys and say that was a good gamble. Todd Haley loves to throw that ball around so he's not going to much of a different offense than the patriots. Now he doesn't have a Randy Moss or anything but he does have this one guy named Dwayne Bowe who's pretty good. If LJ can do some amazing things with the limited number of carries that he gets, then I see the chiefs/Steelers games being pretty good ones.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming--WOW--WHAT A RIDE
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Amateur

O and this other guy I think is gonna be pretty good, goes by the name of Mark Bradley.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 600

It seems everyone forgets about Chris Henry opposite of Ocho Cinco.

Henry can be a good WR if he can stay outta of field trouble. And theres also a Vet that Cincy signed in the name of Coles who is older but not a complete bum.

Im not a Cincy fan but come on, give them some credit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode