Worst Draft In Broncos History - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2007 zx-6r
Worst Draft In Broncos History

Moreno and Ayers could turn out to be good. But as of right now this is a disaster.

by round

1.HB
1.DE
2.CB
2.CB
2.TE
4.FS
4.OL
5.WR
6.QB
7.C

so with the 29th ranked defense we draft 1 d-linemen, 0 linebackers, and 3 DB's. wow. This draft makes zero fucking sense. Not to mention the trades , we trade our 1st next year for a 2nd this year, then we trade 2 three's to get a late 2 to pick a fucking TE who has like 9 catches in his college career that we easily could have gotten later, not to mention the 2 great TE's we have already.

Shanny would never had fucked up a draft this badly

what we SHOULD have done.

12th-Brian Orakpo DE
18th-Robert Ayers DE
37th-Rey Maualuga MLB
48th-Ron Brace DT(might have had to trade up)

then on day 2 address the secondary and draft some Offensive players

trading our 1st next year away to get Alphonso Smith is a blunder, trading 2 three's away to get Quinn at TE was also a major fucking blunder.

We could have used next years 1st we traded away to trade up in this years first and get either Curry, Raji or even Sanchez but noooooooooooooooooooooo. We give it away to get a tiny CB.

unfuckingbelievable

draft grade - D-

only reason its not an F is Moreno and Brandstater

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: k6 1k, '07 Husky SMR510
Re: Worst Draft In Broncos History

i think my Niners did well
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: K7 600, 05 Katana 600 (Sold), 03 Ninja 250 (Stolen)

The Seahawks thanks you for your first rounder next year.

Go Hawks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

As I stated in the draft thread: FUCK DOUCHE MCDANIELS!

I don't' even want to waste the energy replying on how much of a fucking joke this off season has been.

Go Bears!!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2007 zx-6r

Jer can you imagine if McDaniels gives us a 4-12 season and is fired at the end of the season? we will have lost a season , lost a franchise QB, lost several daft prospects, and lost a high 1st rd pick. Bowlen screwed the pooch on this one
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkieCosmonaut View Post
Jer can you imagine if McDaniels gives us a 4-12 season and is fired at the end of the season? we will have lost a season , lost a franchise QB, lost several daft prospects, and lost a high 1st rd pick. Bowlen screwed the pooch on this one
Big time.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Court Jester

Motorcycle: 87-88 and 90 GSX-R750's

Bet you wish Kubiak had stuck around, we had a great draft
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

I feel for you guys. Drafting the TE tell me they are not looking to resign Scheffler or are looking to trade him according to some reports. McD is really fucking up that team. I have no damn idea what he is thinking. The formula to win was simple, everyone knew what was wrong - the Defense. The Offense was one of the most feared and dynamic ones there were. All you had to do was shore up the D to give up one less touchdown, hold them on 3rd downs, force a punt, get a turnover, etc. Something to get the ball back to the offense a bit more and you've got a damn good team. He is singlehandedly dismantling the team piece by piece.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=143099&spln=1
"The Eagles could reportedly still make a move for Tony Scheffler involving a 2010 draft pick.
Philadelphia drafted a similar vertical tight end in Cornelius Ingram on day two, but he may sit out the season if he needs more ACL surgery. The Eagles are reportedly willing to pay a 2010 third-rounder for Scheffler. They'll likely see how Ingram's knee holds up in minicamps before making a move."

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<signature></signature>
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson49er View Post

Crim, I think they did just ok bro. We still need to work on the o-line and d-line but we definitely picked up some viable pieces. Picking up another 1st round draft pick next year was golden though. This year's draft was weak, next year should have more depth according to all reports. Snagging Crabtree at 10 was unbelievable...thank you Oakland . But some of the other moves were more for depth it seemed like. At a time when we're "rebuilding" still. I dont think depth was the right move. We need players who can make an impact immediately. Did we need another RB? LB? Especially TE with Walker and VD?

Safety and WR were addressed but OL and DL were not. We'll see how Jean-Francois for the DL plays out. That'd be my biggest concern coming into the season. B- C+ if I were to grade them. Where's Kentwan Balmer from last year too? If he somehow blossoms this year (with Francois) the D could be really good. Wishful thinking...I know.

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<signature></signature>
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson49er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soysauce021 View Post
Crim, I think they did just ok bro. We still need to work on the o-line and d-line but we definitely picked up some viable pieces. Picking up another 1st round draft pick next year was golden though. This year's draft was weak, next year should have more depth according to all reports. Snagging Crabtree at 10 was unbelievable...thank you Oakland . But some of the other moves were more for depth it seemed like. At a time when we're "rebuilding" still. I dont think depth was the right move. We need players who can make an impact immediately. Did we need another RB? LB? Especially TE with Walker and VD?

Safety and WR were addressed but OL and DL were not. We'll see how Jean-Francois for the DL plays out. That'd be my biggest concern coming into the season. B- C+ if I were to grade them. Where's Kentwan Balmer from last year too? If he somehow blossoms this year (with Francois) the D could be really good. Wishful thinking...I know.
Yea I think we did ooookayyy but not great. Crabtree was a surprise being available at #10 I was thinking he woulda already been off the board and taken Maclin or Hakeem Nicks.

The extra 1st rd pick next yr was the next best thing we got. We coulda dealt with out the TE, RB, and LB and definitely beefed the Def up
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 600.. K7 750.. 09 R1

The dude came from NE anything near Boston is trash. I feel for you Denver fans, and im sure AFC West plays the NFC East this yr.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was talking with my buddy at lunch yesterday and he didn't agree when I said the AFC West would finish like this:

Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Lifetime Premium

I think it will fall like this:

Chargers
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders

Difference between the Chiefs and Brons will be very small. They will split the season series.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Provisional Novice

Why did they fire shanahan anyway? I thought he was a damn good coach, especially considering what McD is doing to the team... Even if cutler stayed I dont think McD had the balls to encourage high risk throws to win the game like shanahan did.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Lifetime Premium

If Al Davis and the rest of his staff pulled the out of town, id love to see Shanahan go to OAK and rebuild that team. They have some nice pieces.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Provisional Novice

Al Davis is a complete PSYCHO! He needs to retire.

If Mora doesnt work out, I'd vote for Shanahan coming to seattle. Im kind of hesitant about mora's coaching abilities. When he coached Atlanta they weren't that good of a team. And he took control of our Defense last season and we dropped from 1st in pass yards against (07) to I think 30th (08). Granted our offense had so many injuries that it forced our defense to be on the field the whole game.

But regardless, Shanahan should have a job already. did he decide to retire?
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Professional Baby Maker

McDaniels showing how many wins the Broncos will get this season...

Click image for larger version

Name:	nfl_a_mcdaniels_600.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	109490
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

I'm little disappointed in my teams draft as well. The six time Super Bowl Champs Pittsburgh Steelers. Not extactic with Hoody ( Especially as a no. 1 ) I do like Mike Wallace and Frank Summers. But, once again Tomlin's picks are fucking rediculous. Once again he takes a TE, a position that they have absolutely no needs for. Two great TE's are locked up under contract with Miller and Spaeth. I think for sure Tomlin had a love affair with a TE back in college, WTF. Guy is very lucky he inherited a good team, another couple to few years, he's gonna run the great Steeler team into the ground. Tomlin is stupid as they get. We desperately needed a center and he settles for a tenth teired guy in late rounds. I think Cleveland did a hell of a good job.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by soysauce021 View Post
McDaniels showing how many wins the Broncos will get this season...

Attachment 109490
It would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm View Post
I think it will fall like this:

Chargers
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders

Difference between the Chiefs and Brons will be very small. They will split the season series.
There's NO way this is even close to possible.

Chargers, I'll give you that.

Chiefs #2?!? How does this happen? They were HORRIBLE last year and have lost more than they gained since. I don't see any of the tools that would make them a #2 contender and Cassell will be revealed for what he is in that KC scheme. Not even Joe Montana can look good in KC with what they have.

Broncos at #3 I have a feeling this will be the case unfortunately. We'll be missing the seasons of 8-8 once this one is done.

Raiders: do NOT sleep on the Raiders. They will finish #2 in the division and this won't be a difficult task given the divisional competition. The raiders have TONS of young talent and once they start clicking as a team things will get interesting for Raiders fans. They have the best defensive backfield in all of the NFL and have made some fair moves this off season and their young guns and injured will start to come around early on this season. There is GOBS of talent on that team and if they can add a coach that has the ability to bring them together as a team they will be playoff bound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode