Watching the draft? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750
Watching the draft?

Who's actually watching the draft?

I'll flip channels back and forth between the draft and a show. Or I'll have it playing in the background as I'm doing stuff around the house. Can't watch the entire thing. I lose interest after the first 15/20 picks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Re: Watching the draft?

Yeah, I'll only watch the first couple rounds. See who the Cowboys screw up and pick.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

I usually watch the start but it's a lot like watching paint dry. They need to make it more watchable by taking the time down to like 2min. I mean seriously, if you have months to make a depth chart of most desired to least desired just cross off the selections that are made and take whoever is left. Shit, my dog could do most of that job. Why do they need so much time? Trade discussion can't be that hard with cell phones and other technologies these days either. Hell, it ends up being about a 50/50 or less crap shoot anyway so who gives a shit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R

I'll watch as much as I have time for, probably a few hours.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750

I'm with Jer on this one. It is really a slow process that is ultimately justified by the powers that be but damn, Just pick someone will ya?!?!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2007 zx-6r

Nuggets game 3 and the draft are on Saturady, unfortunatly I am going skiing, I am gonna tape it though. Broncos need to trade there 12th overall and a 2nd rounder for the browns 5th overall , draft BJ Raji then take Rey Maualuga with the 18th overall. MAKE IT HAPPEN McDANIELS!! YOU FUCK!!!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's looking like the #1 pick is going to be signed WELL before the draft even happens. Talk about stealing the thunder along with any excitement involved. No spoiler alert?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Junkie, Nice fuggin sig dood. lol
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Raiders Really? Like I told my buddy...run a 4.3 or less and you're a Raider

Thank you though as the Niners gained Crabtree from that. I just hope his foot holds up.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Denver guys...what do you think of the first two picks?

I thought they would've went Defense then try for Freeman with the second pick (or vice versa reach for Freeman and then D), or D with both picks. Especially with Orakpo on the board still with the first pick. RB was a surprise to me.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soysauce021 View Post
Denver guys...what do you think of the first two picks?

I thought they would've went Defense then try for Freeman with the second pick (or vice versa reach for Freeman and then D), or D with both picks. Especially with Orakpo on the board still with the first pick. RB was a surprise to me.

horrible, god fucking AWFUL. I lost my voice from yelling at that stupid cunt Mcdaniels so much. We have, Hillis,Young,Torain,Buckhalter,Arrington and Jordan at the HB position and we have the 29TH RANKED DEFENSE and we pass over an elite pass rusher in Orakpo and draft a motherfucking HB! nice job guys. Then we pick up Ayers who is one of the most AVERAGE looking 1st round picks I have ever seen. 9 sacks in 3 years? oh yea, nice job McD! we could have had Orakpo and Rey Maualuga but nope. We could have traded up to get Raji and Orakpo! and had a beastly D line but nope. Moreno WOULD have been at 18, McD is a clueless FUCK, he is single handedly ruining the Denver Broncos. Trade away our franchise QB and horde HB's while ignoring the defense. nice job you silly motherfucker

cursingcursingcursing:c ursing
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Good story on Michael Oher too. Never knew that about his background. His adopted mom & sister tho
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkieCosmonaut View Post
horrible, god fucking AWFUL. I lost my voice from yelling at that stupid cunt Mcdaniels so much. We have, Hillis,Young,Torain,Buckhalter,Arrington and Jordan at the HB position and we have the 29TH RANKED DEFENSE and we pass over an elite pass rusher in Orakpo and draft a motherfucking HB! nice job guys. Then we pick up Ayers who is one of the most AVERAGE looking 1st round picks I have ever seen. 9 sacks in 3 years? oh yea, nice job McD! we could have had Orakpo and Rey Maualuga but nope. We could have traded up to get Raji and Orakpo! and had a beastly D line but nope. Moreno WOULD have been at 18, McD is a clueless FUCK, he is single handedly ruining the Denver Broncos. Trade away our franchise QB and horde HB's while ignoring the defense. nice job you silly motherfucker

cursingcursingcursing:c ursing

At least you're not the raiders ...yet McD could bring you there Definitely a WTF with the RB pick though. I didn't know much about Ayers either so can't say anything there. But for sure your D needed more help than I think they got.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Birdman

Motorcycle: TayTay all day!!

what a fucking boring draft. i can't even follow it and i'm at work.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Birdman

Motorcycle: TayTay all day!!

seriously, i'm getting paid to follow it and i can't. holy shitty draft.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
!##NULL##!

Mcdaniels just traded our 1st round pick next year for a 2nd this year and he uses it to get a 5'9 cornerback.

omfg

Mcdaniels is a dumbfuck but Bowlen is an even bigger dumbfuck for hiring him. Jesus Christ
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I swear to god Douche McDaniels is sabotaging us. That's the only possible explanation.

How in the FUCK does he not take Brian Orakpo at #12? The guy is a freakin beast and will do good things right out of the gate in the pros. I mean, Buffalo had a need for a DE too and they friggin passed on Orakpo and took Maybin?!? I was like, how stupid can you be? Then when he came up right away I was like 'Yeah, jump on Orakpo at 12' and when they announced Knowshon Moreno I almost fell out of my seat. Washington needs to send Douche McDaniels a nice fruit basket for letting Orakpo slip one more spot to 13 because they got an amazing pick at 13 thanks to Denver. Ayers at 18 is like Orakpo-Light. Why not get the real deal? I would have strongly considered trading up for Aaron Curry too. I would have gladly packaged up 12 and 18 (especially based on what Denver ended up getting at those picks) in a nice trade deal for a high pick and a later pick to get Aaron Curry in a fuckin' Bronco jersey. Either he or Orakpo would have been a good move for Denver.

Denver needs Defense and did nothing. We traded up our 1st round pick next year for a 2nd round this year to get who? Nobody. I'm not impressed with ANYTHING Denver has done at all yet and don't see any of these picks being very beneficial for Denver this season.

Last edited by Jer; 04-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkieCosmonaut View Post
Mcdaniels is a dumbfuck but Bowlen is an even bigger dumbfuck for hiring him. Jesus Christ
I have been a long time Bronco fan and I can honestly say I have never been more frustrated by off season actions. I mean, I was VERY anti-Plummer when they started mentioning his name but this is like repeated stupid moves over and over and over.

8-8 got Shanahan fired and I have a feeling we'll be wishing for that 8-8 once this season is done.

I just don't get how Patriots assistant coaches are so highly regarded. What has Charlie Weiss done with his time down in South Bend? Oh, that's right. Just run one of the most storied college programs even further into the dirt.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Professional Baby Maker

Jer, Junkie...I feel for you guys. If I were a broncos fan I would seriously consider lynching the ownership and coach. I dont think CB was a need either. Work on the D-line or a LB would've been my pick.

At least you guys didn't pick the 73rd ranked Safety like the Raiders did...espn didn't even have information on the guy
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
!##NULL##!

we had a chance to get some defensive beasts and instead we get a RB, two undersized db's and a meh DE.

Orakpo,Rey, Raji, Curry, Cushing, Jenkins. The list goes on. McDaniels will be a 1 and done coach after we go 2-14. I mean for fucks sake he traded away a 1st next year for a 2nd this year! to get a guy we probably could have gotten 10 picks later? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode