The Steel Curtain - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750
The Steel Curtain

What what?!??!

That'd be cool to see an Eagle/Steeler superbowl, all PA son!

What a game, what a game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 93/95 GSXR 750
Re: The Steel Curtain

I could not believe the 3rd quarter of that game! They had possession for almost the full 15 minutes!!

I do think the Ravens are going to put a smack down on the Steelers though, and it will be the Ravens VS Eagles in the Super Bowl.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

I pulling for a NO PA superbowl.

Damn Steelers just came out and kicked sum ass today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by utp216 View Post
I could not believe the 3rd quarter of that game! They had possession for almost the full 15 minutes!!

I do think the Ravens are going to put a smack down on the Steelers though, and it will be the Ravens VS Eagles in the Super Bowl.
I was like do you see that offensive line holding?!?!? I don't think the Ravens are ready for that but we'll see next week. Steelers FTMFW!!!!!! I Love this ride. Did anyone see Willie Parker run like we should've been running all season? I know he was hurt but he looked pretty good.

What about that pass from Leftwich to Sweed which he dropped?!?!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

I can't believe that Big Ben was telling one of the news show guys that they were happy they had a bye week, and how tired they were.

That might be the downfall of the Ravens. They haven't had a bye since like week two.

These teams are putting on one hell of a show for us this year. I was hoping the Chargers would beat the Steelers since they would be an easier target for the Ravens if they make it to the Bowl game.

Going to have to wait and see. Those Steelers are rock'n the shit though on the field. Excellent playing, I can't say anything bad about there performance today.

What really pisses me off is the people around Baltimore, etc. They just hate the Steelers with a passion. Now we do have ALOT of people that are big time Steelers fans. Lots of Steelers flags flying on the front porches of there homes and such.

That probably happened because we didn't have a team for so many years and everyone just hated on the Eagles.

1992 GSX-R 600 Frame (Powdercoated Black!) 1995 Braced Swingarm
1995 GSX-R 750 Engine - SOON TO BE 907!!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:

I missed a lot of the 3rd quarter
But came back with them being on the chargers 12 yard line or something
Ravens < Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman View Post
I pulling for a NO PA superbowl.

Damn Steelers just came out and kicked sum ass today.
Where ur boys at today Wayne? They looked strong that first drive and then what happened? Santonio's punt return was badass.... you see that MPH reader, he hit just over 20MPH at one point averaging 17 or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Gixxer View Post
Did anyone see Willie Parker run like we should've been running all season? I know he was hurt but he looked pretty good.

Yup, Willie was rockin today man
And that punt that the ball bounced off that Chargers head
That Sweed drop you couldn't have asked for a better throw man, that shit was perfect

This Ravens game is gonna be a tough one for sure though, they always put up a good fight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

I still can't believe the stupid moves that the Titans did during there game with the Ravens. They truly screwed themselves in that game. It was funny to watch all those pass yards and then have them lose.

But you are right, the Steelers won't play that stupid and Hines Ward is going to be CRAZY!

I love watching the Steelers play, but I have to go with my hometown team.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: 94 750

im pulling for the steelers because i guessed they would get the the big show before the season started.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

Ravens are playing solid, mistake free offense and solid D...their formula when they won their previous SB. Steelers are peaking at the right time...Parker finally looks like the Fast Willie we all know he can be. Going to be a great game for sure.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Where ur boys at today Wayne? They looked strong that first drive and then what happened? Santonio's punt return was badass.... you see that MPH reader, he hit just over 20MPH at one point averaging 17 or something

This Ravens game is gonna be a tough one for sure though, they always put up a good fight

SD was fortunate to be there....they got one of the crappiest defenses in the NFL. Ah well...another season over....it was fun while it lasted.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman View Post
SD was fortunate to be there....they got one of the crappiest defenses in the NFL. Ah well...another season over....it was fun while it lasted.
Their offense is strong no doubt about that, just a little work on D and they'd be really competitive. I've always liked them too though
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

Quote:

its funny that you would think that, you being from blowmemore, i mean baltimore. when the truth is your little ravens will be beat down for the Third time by the same team in a year. But hey, keep "ray-the murder-lewis" off the streets and you guys may just slow us down. If ya wanna see a real defense keep an eye out on the boys in the black and gold.

Last edited by pearljam724; 01-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Nittany Lion

Quote:
I can't believe that Big Ben was telling one of the news show guys that they were happy they had a bye week, and how tired they were.

That might be the downfall of the Ravens. They haven't had a bye since like week two.

These teams are putting on one hell of a show for us this year. I was hoping the Chargers would beat the Steelers since they would be an easier target for the Ravens if they make it to the Bowl game.

Going to have to wait and see. Those Steelers are rock'n the shit though on the field. Excellent playing, I can't say anything bad about there performance today.

What really pisses me off is the people around Baltimore, etc. They just hate the Steelers with a passion. Now we do have ALOT of people that are big time Steelers fans. Lots of Steelers flags flying on the front porches of there homes and such.

That probably happened because we didn't have a team for so many years and everyone just hated on the Eagles.
no-that happened because our economy "licks goat nuts" here and half of our population has migrated to northern va., d.c., and baltimore for employment. trust me i lived in virginia and d.c. for several years off and on. There's only one thing the ravens have over us, our coach is dumb as a box of rocks, and luckily our defense has bailed us out time and time agian. With the exception of 3 of the 4 loses we received were totally due to stupid coaching. and that wont stop us from giving you guys a third beat down of the year. but hey, thanks for the employment.

Last edited by pearljam724; 01-12-2009 at 11:10 PM.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Gixxer View Post
I was like do you see that offensive line holding?!?!? I don't think the Ravens are ready for that but we'll see next week. Steelers FTMFW!!!!!! I Love this ride. Did anyone see Willie Parker run like we should've been running all season? I know he was hurt but he looked pretty good.

Sweed will be traded to blowmemore, i mean baltimore, next year. For a crabcake or whatever the hell raven fans eat at their tailgate parties. Oh, i forgot no one in blowmemore has a tailgate. Ok, their "put-it in your gate" parties.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Nittany Lion

Quote:
I still can't believe the stupid moves that the Titans did during there game with the Ravens. They truly screwed themselves in that game. It was funny to watch all those pass yards and then have them lose.

But you are right, the Steelers won't play that stupid and Hines Ward is going to be CRAZY!

I love watching the Steelers play, but I have to go with my hometown team.
Correction on the Titans stupid moves, the refs "as usuall" fucked a team out of a victory. Joe Flacco totally stepped out of the back of the end zone. I cant believe they didnt see that. Hell, i saw it live from sitting on my bar stool. Blowmemore, i mean Balitimore has no right in the AFC championship. But then again, its just gonna make it easier for the road to our sixth superbowl ring, beotches!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 1997 GSXR 600 (blue & white)

Go Steelers!!!!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Their offense is strong no doubt about that, just a little work on D and they'd be really competitive. I've always liked them too though

Merriman is back next year and I just read that Cromatie was playing with a fractured hip all season
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: Weapon of choice K8 750

sorry but wont happen the steelers wont make it past B-More ill but my bike on that
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
Sweed will be traded to blowmemore, i mean baltimore, next year. For a crabcake or whatever the hell raven fans eat at their tailgate parties. Oh, i forgot no one in blowmemore has a tailgate. Ok, their "put-it in your gate" parties.
Sweed has what 4.5 speed? Does he stick his gloves in a bucket of hot butter on the sidelines before he comes out? We wasted a draft pick on this guy? Four year contract and only 6 receptions for 64 yds?
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegonemakeit View Post
sorry but wont happen the steelers wont make it past B-More ill but my bike on that
Are you talking about the one you ride or the totaled one you picked up from your man?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode