Saturday Playoff games - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
meep meep

Motorcycle: 07 600 Track, 04 R1 Street
Saturday Playoff games

Seriously indy, seriously? Thank god im not a colts fan cause i would be pissed. I mean hell they should have won it in regular. But damn you wanted to goto overtime and then give away like 30 yards in penaltys to make sure you lose.

Cardinals game was mildly suprising, thought the falcons were going to win after the cardinals falling asleep the past few weeks. Guess they realized they actually had to win a game to play next week again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Birdman

Motorcycle: TayTay all day!!
Re: Saturday Playoff games

I liked to see them lose just because they were "supposed" to win.

Stupid Bolts. Eat me Wayne.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750

Indy was the a fail in the books for the season, a head coach probably on the way out in one week because he thinks it's time, and someone gotta come to Heinz Field next week...As The World Turns should be looking for this Weekend's playoffs for an episode. And Sundays games have yet to be played...I love football.

What chance does everyone give the Cardinals next week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
I liked to see them lose just because they were "supposed" to win.

Stupid Bolts. Eat me Wayne.
The Bolts live another week.

I knew you'd like that game, Ed.

I thought the Falcons were gonna do the damage on the Cards too...guess both home underdogs took care of business.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Superstock

Motorcycle: 94 750

and i picked carolina and pittsburg for the big game. so far so good, im leanin toward carolina more and more.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K7 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Gixxer View Post
Indy was the a fail in the books for the season, a head coach probably on the way out in one week because he thinks it's time, and someone gotta come to Heinz Field next week...As The World Turns should be looking for this Weekend's playoffs for an episode. And Sundays games have yet to be played...I love football.

What chance does everyone give the Cardinals next week?
Cards have a great chance of winning. The Panthers are only a notch better than the Falcons, if that. It would be a mistake to count the Cards out.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACOMA View Post
Cards have a great chance of winning. The Panthers are only a notch better than the Falcons, if that. It would be a mistake to count the Cards out.
I agree. I am calling Cardinals, Pittsburgh , Baltimore, and the Giants for this weekend.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

this week is all a tossup IMO. There are no clear cut favorites. Going to be a great week of football.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC

Motorcycle: A 92 GT VFR

i was actually in Southern CA this past week, and the chargers fans went crazy this weekend
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Times View Post
i was actually in Southern CA this past week, and the chargers fans went crazy this weekend
They should have...being 8-8, making the playoffs with that hideous record and then knocking off the Colts? That is cause for riots for a couple of days at least.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750

Steelers are going to the Bowl this year.... or at least to the final round of the playoffs.
Chargers don't stand a chance.
Wayne
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Steelers are going to the Bowl this year.... or at least to the final round of the playoffs.
Wayne
With Big Ben's condition I have my concerns even though I say the Steelers win that game in the cold of Pittsburgh otherwise. If SD tries to start LT over Sproles then the game is Pittsburgh's to win. If he's a no go and they practiced and game planned and start Sproles and if Big Ben is not fully ready to play then SD will win one on the road. If I was going to put money on this game knowing what we know now my money would be on Pittsburgh winning a close one.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Expert

Quote:
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
With Big Ben's condition I have my concerns even though I say the Steelers win that game in the cold of Pittsburgh otherwise. If SD tries to start LT over Sproles then the game is Pittsburgh's to win. If he's a no go and they practiced and game planned and start Sproles and if Big Ben is not fully ready to play then SD will win one on the road. If I was going to put money on this game knowing what we know now my money would be on Pittsburgh winning a close one.

I actually like Sproles chances better anyway. I mean he's been a beast so the Chargers should be counting blessings for having him on the roster and still being able to have a great run game. Big Ben has been suspect all year to me and I like Byron Leftwich for the win (if the line can give him more time for that slow ass wind up). He has a helluva release and arm to boot. I like him FTW even though Big Ben is the $27.5 Million Dollar Man this year.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Gixxer View Post

I actually like Sproles chances better anyway. I mean he's been a beast so the Chargers should be counting blessings for having him on the roster and still being able to have a great run game. Big Ben has been suspect all year to me and I like Byron Leftwich for the win (if the line can give him more time for that slow ass wind up). He has a helluva release and arm to boot. I like him FTW even though Big Ben is the $27.5 Million Dollar Man this year.
Read what I said again about Sproles. We're saying the same thing. LT starting is the BEST thing that can happen for the Steelers. I've been predicting this down slide by LT for a few seasons now when everyone else was on the LT bandwagon. I like the guy but knew we were seeing the end of a spectacular career. He's just taken too much of a beating and 31yrs old w/as much use as he's seen and facing off season surgery spell bad things for a back in the NFL, I don't care who you are. If I was the Chargers and had to pick tomorrow between LT and Sproles it wouldn't even be a difficult decision. I would send a nice fruit basket to LT's house though.

As for Big Ben.. he's been suspect and that was PRIOR to this huge concussion that he just had last game. I'm still worried about him taking this start after such a dangerous closed head injury and he's so open for career ending type injuries as a result. I sure hope nothing happens because he's another likable player. Leftwhich is one of the better backups in the league based on his ability and how well he plugs into the existing system. He's a far better QB then he gets credit for especially having rested nearly the entire season because I think his poor play before coming to Pitt can widely be attributed to long term fatigue. But for a few quarters or games he's great coming off the bench.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: K7 600

Im a huge Ravens fan and really dont like Jeff Fisher and the Titans. But its gonna be a crazy game, bad blood between both teams and two sicky defenses. Cannot wait!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Read what I said again about Sproles. We're saying the same thing. LT starting is the BEST thing that can happen for the Steelers. I've been predicting this down slide by LT for a few seasons now when everyone else was on the LT bandwagon. I like the guy but knew we were seeing the end of a spectacular career. He's just taken too much of a beating and 31yrs old w/as much use as he's seen and facing off season surgery spell bad things for a back in the NFL, I don't care who you are. If I was the Chargers and had to pick tomorrow between LT and Sproles it wouldn't even be a difficult decision. I would send a nice fruit basket to LT's house though.

As for Big Ben.. he's been suspect and that was PRIOR to this huge concussion that he just had last game. I'm still worried about him taking this start after such a dangerous closed head injury and he's so open for career ending type injuries as a result. I sure hope nothing happens because he's another likable player. Leftwhich is one of the better backups in the league based on his ability and how well he plugs into the existing system. He's a far better QB then he gets credit for especially having rested nearly the entire season because I think his poor play before coming to Pitt can widely be attributed to long term fatigue. But for a few quarters or games he's great coming off the bench.
I was actually agreeing with you. Sproles is a beast like I said. I don't want him gain a yard come Sunday but I do know he has a bright future ahead of him. LT has a long road of recovery in front of him after that surgery and it is good it's the end of the season or Sproles would be the man. I don't think the Chargers will get rid of him just yet but Sproles is the man that they are going to keep close.

I have been very upset with Ben's play this season and Willie Parker's play since he's been in Pittsburgh. If you look at Fast Willie Parker he stops fighting for yards. That is not the sign of a strong RB. I don't like him and hope that Rashard Mendenhall turns out to be a stronger RB next year because our running game needs a boost. Byron is definitely the man. I think that he is not going to be around next year because of the QB positions that will be open for him. I do wish would stay but he is a starter and will be paid like one next year.

Big Ben better tighten his ass the fuck up because he is killing the team with his under throwing ass. Suspect play all season and it took it's toll on the D when we played the Titans.

"Ahhhhh.....Nothing like a run up Rte 33 to Franklin, WVA and down 220 to Covington, VA to get the kinks out...."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
--Rev. Dr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luther King, Jr.

"You know me still got the flow that'll pop speakers
First option on offense the top feature" -- Jadakiss
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

Quote:
Wayne
Ha ha!!!

Yeah I know the Bolts are living on borrowed time. I'm just enjoying each week that I can. You gotta admit the beatdown of the Colts was pretty impressive.

I'm not gonna say the SD has a clear shot at beating the Steelers in Pitts, but man I'd like to see them win. F-ing Steelers defense is so damn good. I'll be down the steet at this bar close to my house whooping it up. You'd love it Jer, the bartender is a diehard Broncos fan. We give each other plenty of shit. He's probably gonna just point me back towards the door when I show up this Sunday....I haven't been there since SD beat Denver (and the subsequent fallout).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode