Steelers Ftmfw!!!!!!! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750
Steelers Ftmfw!!!!!!!

First round bye....Defense is still number 1 even if the offense is less than stellar.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750
Re: Steelers Ftmfw!!!!!!!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Provisional Novice

i'll take the win not the best way to win but a win non the less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: 01 Gsxr 750

We have 'em right where we want 'em now . We have the chance to bring the AFC to our house if we take care of the Titans next week. Offense was to step up and help the #1 defense for a change.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Triumph Street Triple R, Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Awesome you guys beat the Ravens like you were supposed to but just barely
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Amateur

It was an ugly win, like most of Steelers wins... But a W is a W... Ravens beat themselves. Steelers wont be so lucky next sunday.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

I'm sorry but as a football fan I feel robbed. For starters we ALL know that ball was not controlled while breaking the plane of the goal line and even if it was close... there was no way there was indisputable video proof to over turn the call on the field which I feel was the right call. Watching all the replays after the fact confirmed what I originally felt and I'm really not sure what the officials saw.

All of that being said... as a football fan I feel hosed because I NEEDED to see the Steelers on the goal line on 4th down against that Raven's Defense on 4th down for the game. What an epic ending to such a strategic game that would have been. I would have loved to see that ending and feel as though the call was close enough that the officials should have let them decide it in the most balanced way possible.

I can't even imagine how Ravens fans feel. Sure that one play didn't lose the game because a good team can overcome bad officiating (even though it's much harder in the closing minutes of the game) it's still a slap in the face to have them give the game away like that. The Raven's defense played well enough that entire game that they earned the right to defend that game on the goal line with Ray Lewis and company putting it on the line.

Sorry Ravens. You got hosed. I like the Steelers too but I still would like the NFL to start getting these calls right.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC

Motorcycle: A 92 GT VFR

although i don't think it was a TD....the next play would have been big ben plowing thourgh for a td the next play. As big as he is, he would have gotten in the next play anyway
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I'm sorry but as a football fan I feel robbed. For starters we ALL know that ball was not controlled while breaking the plane of the goal line and even if it was close... there was no way there was indisputable video proof to over turn the call on the field which I feel was the right call. Watching all the replays after the fact confirmed what I originally felt and I'm really not sure what the officials saw.

All of that being said... as a football fan I feel hosed because I NEEDED to see the Steelers on the goal line on 4th down against that Raven's Defense on 4th down for the game. What an epic ending to such a strategic game that would have been. I would have loved to see that ending and feel as though the call was close enough that the officials should have let them decide it in the most balanced way possible.
Totally agree... but I'll still take the W
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimian View Post
Awesome you guys beat the Ravens like you were supposed to but just barely
actually ravens were favored by 3 points.......damn it sucks to not research before you post things
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Triumph Street Triple R, Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbikeguy View Post
actually ravens were favored by 3 points.......damn it sucks to not research before you post things
First off they were favored by 1 point secondly who's talking about what the odds makers are saying. Pittsburgh is a veteran superbowl team with a better record. Baltimore is a team that has a rookie qb and a team that actually lost to the dolphins a year ago, the 1-15 dolphins. Pittsburgh was/is the better team no matter what the odds makers say. But since you think that they are right maybe you can explain to me how it is that Florida is playing Oklahoma instead of Texas in the BCS. That was an odds thing too, The better team is the better team I don't even like the steelers but I could have picked them before the game
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Times View Post
although i don't think it was a TD....the next play would have been big ben plowing thourgh for a td the next play. As big as he is, he would have gotten in the next play anyway
Then let us have that as fans. I mean, they call that not a touchdown there is no drama. The Steelers punch it in anyway on the next run and everyone is happy. Right? I still like the Raven's odds on the goal line against the run on one play for the win. Either way, the officials robbed us from what promised to be one of the best single plays of the season... regardless of the outcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode