College football rankings, predictions - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
World Supersport
 
Countryboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Carolina
Motorcycle: your mama
Posts: 18,076
College football rankings, predictions

IVe seen a couple of bowl predictions. Who do you think will come out on top?
Rankings as of Today
1. Alabama 9-0- Havent been that impressed. definately not to be #1. All they have left is LSU and i hope LSU wins. There schedule is just weak and their margin of victory against lesser teams in unimpressive
2. Texas Tech 9-0- Great show against texas this past weekend. Id put you at #4 however
3. Penn State 9-0- My 2nd fav team I think they deserve the championship this year and will end up coming out #1
4. Texas 8-1- Have been very strong all year but anticipate dropping to #5
5. Florida 7-1- Wish i could say my beloved gators were #1 but with a loss to Mississippi i was quite dissapointed. The spanking of Goergia this weekend showed there still in the race. We have the best QB in the nation and one of the best offenses but i think they will end up playing maybe ALabama or One of the texans in a bowl and settle for #3 but if i had anything to do with it they would be playing Penn State for the national championship
6. Oklahoma 8-1 DOnt care
7. USC 7-1 You blow, your not even the real USC
8. Utah 9-0 ?
9. Oklahoma State 8-1 dont care
10. Boise State 8-0 dont care

Granted im biased and think the SEC is by far the hardest conference in the nation . These west teams just couldnt handle LSU last year and FLorida the year before(41-14!). Now discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw42085 View Post
You could do what I did when I got a scratch on mine and just crash the shit out of it. It makes the little scratches unimportant.
*disclaimer*: I take no responsibility for rumors started by members of the bored other than Ed being a slimy jew©
Countryboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
 
Jimmy 2 Times's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: in a trailer down by the river
Motorcycle: A 92 GT VFR
Posts: 21,544
Re: College football rankings, predictions

I don't know, but it is looking very promising for a PSU championship.

Texas, texas Tech, and Bama all have a tough game left. PSU's only real game is (18) Michagan State
Jimmy 2 Times is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: WA
Motorcycle: Possibly your daughter
Posts: 1,568
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_boy_88 View Post
IVe seen a couple of bowl predictions. Who do you think will come out on top?
Rankings as of Today
1. Alabama 9-0- Havent been that impressed. definately not to be #1. All they have left is LSU and i hope LSU wins. There schedule is just weak and their margin of victory against lesser teams in unimpressive
2. Texas Tech 9-0- Great show against texas this past weekend. Id put you at #4 however
3. Penn State 9-0- My 2nd fav team I think they deserve the championship this year and will end up coming out #1
4. Texas 8-1- Have been very strong all year but anticipate dropping to #5
5. Florida 7-1- Wish i could say my beloved gators were #1 but with a loss to Mississippi i was quite dissapointed. The spanking of Goergia this weekend showed there still in the race. We have the best QB in the nation and one of the best offenses but i think they will end up playing maybe ALabama or One of the texans in a bowl and settle for #3 but if i had anything to do with it they would be playing Penn State for the national championship
6. Oklahoma 8-1 DOnt care
7. USC 7-1 You blow, your not even the real USC
8. Utah 9-0 ?
9. Oklahoma State 8-1 dont care
10. Boise State 8-0 dont care

Granted im biased and think the SEC is by far the hardest conference in the nation . These west teams just couldnt handle LSU last year and FLorida the year before(41-14!). Now discuss
I can discuss now? Thanks for giving me permission!

Simply, the best two teams are Florida(5) and USC(7) with Alabama(2) in a close third. Both USC and Florida got caught sleeping and lost a game they shouldn't have, but have played phenominally against ranked opponents. I hope that Alabama loses so Florida can jump them.

The big 12 teams are all high octane offenses with not so great defenses, they would get torn apart by any SEC defense, or a USC(7) defense.

Penn State is an anomaly, they are good enough with their schedule that if they go undefeated they will play in the National Championship game but probably don't deserve to. Florida, USC and perhaps Alabama would all defeat Penn. Hell Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State would probably beat Penn.

And by the way, we are talking about ranked college football teams here. So there is only one USC in the conversation, and it isn't the cocks.
CharlesForester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
> than you
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Marin County
Motorcycle: 2002 RC51
Posts: 2,593
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_boy_88 View Post
IVe seen a couple of bowl predictions. Who do you think will come out on top?
Rankings as of Today
1. Alabama 9-0- Havent been that impressed. definately not to be #1. All they have left is LSU and i hope LSU wins. There schedule is just weak and their margin of victory against lesser teams in unimpressive
2. Texas Tech 9-0- Great show against texas this past weekend. Id put you at #4 however
3. Penn State 9-0- My 2nd fav team I think they deserve the championship this year and will end up coming out #1
4. Texas 8-1- Have been very strong all year but anticipate dropping to #5
5. Florida 7-1- Wish i could say my beloved gators were #1 but with a loss to Mississippi i was quite dissapointed. The spanking of Goergia this weekend showed there still in the race. We have the best QB in the nation and one of the best offenses but i think they will end up playing maybe ALabama or One of the texans in a bowl and settle for #3 but if i had anything to do with it they would be playing Penn State for the national championship
6. Oklahoma 8-1 DOnt care
7. USC 7-1 You blow, your not even the real USC
8. Utah 9-0 ?
9. Oklahoma State 8-1 dont care
10. Boise State 8-0 dont care

Granted im biased and think the SEC is by far the hardest conference in the nation . These west teams just couldnt handle LSU last year and FLorida the year before(41-14!). Now discuss
Alabama is going to lose to LSU.
TT will get past Okie State, but will lose to Oklahoma.
If Penn State gets past Iowa this weekend, they'll go undefeated.
Texas will not lose again this season.
Florida will not lose again this season. They cannot play Alabama in a bowl game, because that's gonna be the SEC championship matchup.
Oklahoma will win out. And why don't you care about Oklahoma? They will give 90% of SEC teams the business.
USC Blows? You're smoking rocks. There is only ONE USC in college football. There's a South Carolina, but only one USC. No national championship for the Trojans this year, but will play in the Rose bowl.

Don't chase em', replace em'.
5280 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
World Supersport
 
Countryboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Carolina
Motorcycle: your mama
Posts: 18,076
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
Alabama is going to lose to LSU.
TT will get past Okie State, but will lose to Oklahoma.
If Penn State gets past Iowa this weekend, they'll go undefeated.
Texas will not lose again this season.
Florida will not lose again this season. They cannot play Alabama in a bowl game, because that's gonna be the SEC championship matchup.
Oklahoma will win out. And why don't you care about Oklahoma? They will give 90% of SEC teams the business.
USC Blows? You're smoking rocks. There is only ONE USC in college football. There's a South Carolina, but only one USC. No national championship for the Trojans this year, but will play in the Rose bowl.
I dont care about Oklahoma because i just dont watch there games? I said i was biased toward SEC teams because hey im either watching a SEC game or to drunk to even care. I have watched the majority of Penn state games televised but other than that i stick with the south eastern teams. I hate california as a whole so like i said USC blows. Right now its just a toss up of who will get upset.
Actually USC SC was founded in 1801 and USC california was founded in 1880. So really there should only be one USC. I go to USC(columbia) and growing up as a florida fan coming to a school that blows year after year after year. Ive been to every home game this year and i honestly give props to all the fans for the support but damn everytime it looks like were going to win we LOSE!Seriously we had the best defense in the nation but we have one of the worst offenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw42085 View Post
You could do what I did when I got a scratch on mine and just crash the shit out of it. It makes the little scratches unimportant.
*disclaimer*: I take no responsibility for rumors started by members of the bored other than Ed being a slimy jew©
Countryboy is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R
Posts: 2,345
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Maybe the Big 12 defenses look mediocre because they're playing against the Big 12 offenses.
gixx1000 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
> than you
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Marin County
Motorcycle: 2002 RC51
Posts: 2,593
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_boy_88 View Post
I dont care about Oklahoma because i just dont watch there games? I said i was biased toward SEC teams because hey im either watching a SEC game or to drunk to even care. I have watched the majority of Penn state games televised but other than that i stick with the south eastern teams. I hate california as a whole so like i said USC blows. Right now its just a toss up of who will get upset.
Actually USC SC was founded in 1801 and USC california was founded in 1880. So really there should only be one USC. I go to USC(columbia) and growing up as a florida fan coming to a school that blows year after year after year. Ive been to every home game this year and i honestly give props to all the fans for the support but damn everytime it looks like were going to win we LOSE!Seriously we had the best defense in the nation but we have one of the worst offenses.
Well you don't know much about football then, and you sound really immature. Not only is Oklahoma one of the best and talented teams in the country right now, they'd come to Columbia and give South Carolina the business. And I'm sure they'd beat pretty much everybody in the SEC too. You better care about Oklahoma...

And as far as the argument of who is the REAL USC is.

USC is one of the most storied football programs in ALL of college football.
The Trojans have 11 national championships.
The Trojans Have 7 Heisman trophy winners.
At least 1 Trojan has appeared in EVERY Superbowl.
There are 34 Trojans playing in the NFL right now.
The Trojans have 148 football All-Americans.
USC has been the premier college football program since 2002, and has played in 5 consecutive BCS bowls, and will play in a 6th in 2009.
USC's athletic teams (men and women) have won 88 national championships.

And you, I, and everyone in here knows Pete Carroll and USC will come to Columbia, cut Steve Spurrier's balls off, and hand them to him.

And USC is regarded as an excellent university academics wise, so a degree and education from USC carries way more weight in the world than a degree from South Carolina.

So with all those facts considered, it's obvious which school really blows, and who the REAL USC is.

I think we're done here.

Don't chase em', replace em'.
5280 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

OU and Texas Tech is going to be an interesting game. I look to see about 100 points put up in that game. OU's defense is very suspect and I think the bye week might be the worst thing that can happen to Texas Tech right now. Texas Tech should be able to win that game if they can play like they did against Texas and OSU.

Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC title game so I'm looking for a Texas Tech vs. Florida national championship game. That'll be a fun game to watch.

Oregon State will probably manage to lose another game and that will put USC in the Rose Bowl yet again, against a Penn State team that is over ranked and will get crushed (well, that is if USC's offense can figure out a way to actually score).

I hope Oregon State wins out and USC has to play someone else in their bowl game.
crzydv13 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

I guess I missed that Texas Tech call, God they looked like shit against OU!!!! Looks like Texas will win the South... They better throw up some big points on A&M this week.
crzydv13 is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R
Posts: 2,345
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Oklahoma could still win the South, assuming they win at OSU. Texas, Oklahoma and Florida all look good and could argue they belong at #2. Until there is some kind of playoff system, this is going to happen every year.
gixx1000 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixx1000 View Post
Oklahoma could still win the South, assuming they win at OSU. Texas, Oklahoma and Florida all look good and could argue they belong at #2. Until there is some kind of playoff system, this is going to happen every year.
Yep. Texas fans have right to be pissed off after a team they beat jumped them in the poles. Oklahoma looks like a better team right now though...
crzydv13 is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R
Posts: 2,345
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Some of the Texas fans seem to have forgotten that Texas Tech beat them. On a given day, I don't know which Big 12 South team is the best. I personally think OU's non-conference schedule (wins at TCU and Cincinnati) justifies them being placed above Texas.
gixx1000 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixx1000 View Post
Some of the Texas fans seem to have forgotten that Texas Tech beat them. On a given day, I don't know which Big 12 South team is the best. I personally think OU's non-conference schedule (wins at TCU and Cincinnati) justifies them being placed above Texas.
I agree with your statement, I guess that's why this whole thing is confusing... Tech's argument isn't quite as valid now because they were embarrased and blown out by OU (which, is a valid argument for OU). The thing I keep looking at is that both teams playing for the Big 12 championship have been beat by Texas and they don't have a shot.

I am a Big 12 fan (NU specifically) but I almost hope OU loses to Mizzou this weekend. That would totally fuck up the BCS
crzydv13 is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R
Posts: 2,345
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Every year it's the same BS. Good teams get left out. If we had a playoff system (top 8 maybe) and incorporate them into bowl games, at least there would be a somewhat clear best team when the season ended.
gixx1000 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixx1000 View Post
Every year it's the same BS. Good teams get left out. If we had a playoff system (top 8 maybe) and incorporate them into bowl games, at least there would be a somewhat clear best team when the season ended.
I doubt we will ever see it happen though...
crzydv13 is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Amateur
 
DaSpecialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Motorcycle: Nothing
Posts: 949
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Im on the rooting for Bama and texas title game thats what i want to see. Im liking that USC vs Penn State rose bowl too. Im a UGA fan and will never root for UF
DaSpecialist is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Track Day Winner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tallahassee/lakeland,Fl
Motorcycle: 04 gsxr 6
Posts: 37
Re: College football rankings, predictions

its goin to be FL. OKLA....and hopefully fla on top
murderedout is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
crzydv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Air Capital, KS
Motorcycle: K3 1000
Posts: 1,624
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpecialist View Post
Im on the rooting for Bama and texas title game thats what i want to see. Im liking that USC vs Penn State rose bowl too. Im a UGA fan and will never root for UF
I hate the USC vs Penn State match up. I'd rather see USC play a Big12 or SEC school. Then we can see what that defense is really made of. Any defense would look as awesome as USC's playing PAC10 teams.
crzydv13 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Track Day Winner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tallahassee/lakeland,Fl
Motorcycle: 04 gsxr 6
Posts: 37
Re: College football rankings, predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydv13 View Post
I hate the USC vs Penn State match up. I'd rather see USC play a Big12 or SEC school. Then we can see what that defense is really made of. Any defense would look as awesome as USC's playing PAC10 teams.

i think usc would get whooped by TT,OKLA, and Texas-big 12....and for SEC they would just get killed by Florida, Alabama, possibly georgia..i mean UCLA is goin to give them a run for there money just watch...they look good because they are in the pac-10.
murderedout is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome