Broncos vs Chargers: Week 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)
Broncos vs Chargers: Week 2

I know there's going to be a lot of belly aching from some Charger fans but here's the bottom line:

There was an inadvertent whistle at the time of a fumble. This rule has been in the league LONG before instant replay had ever even been thought of. If there's a fumble and an inadvertent whistle happens the play is dead and the last team to possess it retains possession at the spot of the fumble. Like it or not the CORRECT call was made and the Broncos retained the ball at the spot of the fumble. At least Ed was man enough to accept his mistake when he had the perfect opportunity to sweep it under the rug with replay and just call it an incomplete pass and give it back to Denver on the 1yd line. He didn't. He manned up and admitted fault and did what was right.

Now, I will agree that it REALLY sucks that one of the best officials int he league made the single worse mistake of his long and highly respected career and take it from a Bronco fan... I didn't want the win that way. I wanted the win and I will take it but not in a way that people could take away credit for the win.

Look at it this way. The Broncos had only a SINGLE play to get the ball into the endzone and then they also went for two. Those or two VERY low percentage plays they executed to win the game and did so against a Chargers defense that had completely shut out a Broncos offense in the second half that put 31 on the board against them in the 1st half. They couldn't get at least one more stop?

Say what you will but the mistake did NOT beat the Chargers... the Broncos did. I was coached from an early age that good play will overcom bad officiating EVERY time. Had the Chargers stopped either of those two easily defensible plays after the call they would have won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even

Motorcycle: Bugman approved k6 silver n grey gixxer thou
Re: Broncos vs Chargers: Week 2

shanahan going with the two points was pure confidents....def a sick call on his part!
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

I agree with you Jer. The Bolts got hit with a bad call but back it up even further...they should have stopped the Broncos long before they even got in that situation. The better team won. Period. Of course I was upset with the outcome of the game, but it's only week two and I thought the Chargers' offense looked damn good w/out LT and Rivers looks a helluva lot better than he did last year.

And hats off to the Broncos. Cutler looks great!! And B. Marshall is the man!!! That was a great game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: wtchtwr

Marshall is killing it...

Shanny was ballzy with the 2 point conversion - I think that was his way of giving the bolts a chance or lose it like they "should of."

Ed Hochuli is the man (even if he blew the call).
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6zook1k View Post
shanahan going with the two points was pure confidents....def a sick call on his part!
Well that coupled w/an extreme lack of confidence in the defense. Rightly so because they looked like shit in the 2nd half. Most say it was a gamble where I tend to think it was more wise than to chance putting the game in the hands of the defense that never came out of the locker room for the 2nd half.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchtwr View Post
Marshall is killing it...

Shanny was ballzy with the 2 point conversion - I think that was his way of giving the bolts a chance or lose it like they "should of."

Ed Hochuli is the man (even if he blew the call).

that's why I love football, man!!! That was a great ending, though I wish the bolts woulda won.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

The game should never come down to a refs call. If it does, you deserve to lose. Great game no doubt.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman View Post
I agree with you Jer. The Bolts got hit with a bad call but back it up even further...they should have stopped the Broncos long before they even got in that situation. The better team won. Period. Of course I was upset with the outcome of the game, but it's only week two and I thought the Chargers' offense looked damn good w/out LT and Rivers looks a helluva lot better than he did last year.

And hats off to the Broncos. Cutler looks great!! And B. Marshall is the man!!! That was a great game.
Yeah, it's always upsetting when your team loses especially in a divisional game. I thought the chargers offense looked real good that game in the second half and as much as I hate to admit it... I was right about LT. I love the guy because he's such a great player and a good sport but I predicted that this would be the season we see him drop off substantially. I also predicted Sproles would step up and hurt the Broncos both on special teams and offense which he did. Without Sproles the Chargers lose that game by three TD's IMO. I think we witnessed the changing of the guard last night.

Also, if Denver doesn't get rid of that douche bag Payma we're screwed. Watch that game again last night and pay attention to EVERY big play that the Chargers had and Payma was the reason. Hell, I was even joking about that long return that Sproles had to my buddy and blamed it on Payma. The funny part is that we watched the highlites and it WAS his fault. He didn't go down his lane and that was the hole that spring Sproles. Ugh. They got rid of the wrong guy when they cut Foxworth and kept Payma. The defense looked pretty solid other than that. If Denver can get a quality replacement for Payma and a true pass rusher they will be a defense to contend with and wins will start to come pretty easy with as many points as the offense is going to be putting on the board. Just think when they all actually get some experience playing together and start really clicking. Scary thought. If Denver can stay healthy they will be a force to be reckoned with so no shame in losing to them at all. Now KC... the's a different story. You get stomped by the Raiders and you need to hang your head in shame. The AFC West is between SD and Denver and will be settled on Dec 28th at Qualcom Stadium. Best of luck.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
that's why I love football, man!!! That was a great ending, though I wish the bolts woulda won.
No shit, I really wish they woulda won in week 1 too. I had some money riding on that piece of shit. If the Chargers are as good of a team as we think they are they will get motivated by this like they did the 1-3 start last season and start winning games.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2007 zx-6r

Kent Brockman, you seem reasonable but I have to say, Charger fan's are some of the biggest TWATS in all of sports. I cannot believe how pathetic they are. It was a shitty call! boo fucking hoo! the call was on a freak play 1 in a million play. Quit your fucking whining. Saying the game was rigged is fucking retarded and irrational. suck it up and deal with being 0-2. You fucks have been on top for nearly 3 years, people acting like the world is ending and calling for the death of Hochuli is laughable.

0-2 LOL
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkieCosmonaut View Post
Kent Brockman, you seem reasonable but I have to say, Charger fan's are some of the biggest TWATS in all of sports. I cannot believe how pathetic they are. It was a shitty call! boo fucking hoo! the call was on a freak play 1 in a million play. Quit your fucking whining. Saying the game was rigged is fucking retarded and irrational. suck it up and deal with being 0-2. You fucks have been on top for nearly 3 years, people acting like the world is ending and calling for the death of Hochuli is laughable.

0-2 LOL
No need to run it in man. That's being the EXACT fan you are talking about. Being a good sport means being a gracious winner as much as a good loser. Don't be a dong just because your team won because next time around when SD beats Denver you will be the Denver fan that SD fans look for to rub it in and say 'Denver fans are such TWATS!'

Besides, everyone knows Raiders fans are the worst fans in all of professional football and we handed them their asses no ifs ands or buts about it.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:41 PM
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
No need to run it in man. That's being the EXACT fan you are talking about. Being a good sport means being a gracious winner as much as a good loser. Don't be a dong just because your team won because next time around when SD beats Denver you will be the Denver fan that SD fans look for to rub it in and say 'Denver fans are such TWATS!'

Besides, everyone knows Raiders fans are the worst fans in all of professional football and we handed them their asses no ifs ands or buts about it.

why not rub it in? we won and from what I have seen the Chargers and their fans are assholes. Just check their forum, the utter lack of logic in there is nauseating. They believe they should be HANDED a championship. They are shoving aside Cutler and Marshall's MVP performances and saying they only reason we won was because Shanny payed off the refs! fuck that! Hochuli blew the whistle like 2 seconds after the fumble, that was his mistake but the rules specifically say you cannot overturn a play if the ball is ruled dead.

To suggest the game was rigged is irrational and illogical and very TWAT like. Maybe you right , maybe I shouldn't be an asshole about this but seeing charger fans flat out insult our players and stick their faces up the chargers asshole's make me sick. The only other place I see such arrogance is in New England
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because it takes a bigger man to rise above it. Who cares if some of their fans are pricks. Those pricks will hate you more if you are a good sport even in victory then they will if you stoop to their level and act like a twat. Right now you look a lot like the very fan you stated you hate.

I played high school football in Nebraska (and almost played for the Huskers when it meant something) and a VERY wise coach once told me to train all week to be the best player I could be and play every play to de-cleat the other player and then help him up and smack him on the helmet afterward. You talk about a confused fucking half conscious opposing player. The utter lack of sportsmanship that is prevelant in society today blows my mind.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
!##NULL##!

I see your point. One thing I will not do though is become a total pussy pacifist and agree with dolt fans that they should have won that game. We won because of Cutler , Marshall and Royal. Not because of a blown call
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Superstock

Quote:

0-2 LOL
At the end of the day it's just a game. I'm just a normal dude that happens to love the Chargers. Every team has their irrational fans. Bolts/Broncos will play again, hopefully my team will win the next one.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I see your point. One thing I will not do though is become a total pussy pacifist and agree with dolt fans that they should have won that game. We won because of Cutler , Marshall and Royal. Not because of a blown call
You can be a good sport w/o saying that we didn't deserve the win or that the Chargers should have won. Charger fans saying they should have won are just poor sports anyway so who gives a hobo's crap?

If you read my posts you'll see an alright example of how you can be a good sport and rise above the poor fans and do so w/o ever saying SD should have won the game or taking anything away from Denver.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Superstock

Jer, you work right in there man.

I was at the SD/Den game a couple of years ago (2006, I think) when LT set the alltime TD record. Of course there was some jawing going on between both sets of fans. But me, man I was just drinking beers and having a good time. I don't mind talking a little smack but who am I (or any fan for that matter)? We aint calling the plays or passing the football or making the tackles. There were some Bronco fans nearby with the same attitude. Jus chill and enjoy the game.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Now, I will agree that it REALLY sucks that one of the best officials int he league made the single worse mistake of his long and highly respected career and take it from a Bronco fan... I didn't want the win that way. I wanted the win and I will take it but not in a way that people could take away credit for the win.
I agree completely with you Jer, a win is a win, but this one kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I was impressed with Shanahan's balsy two point conversion and you could tell Cutler really wanted it too. Cutler and the offense look rock solid and I look forward to scoring points again this year I'm pretty worried about that defense though, they had a terrible time stopping big plays in the second half.

Quote:

Quote:
Jer, you work right in there man.

I was at the SD/Den game a couple of years ago (2006, I think) when LT set the alltime TD record. Of course there was some jawing going on between both sets of fans. But me, man I was just drinking beers and having a good time. I don't mind talking a little smack but who am I (or any fan for that matter)? We aint calling the plays or passing the football or making the tackles. There were some Bronco fans nearby with the same attitude. Jus chill and enjoy the game.
Kent, you are probably the best Chargers' football fan ever!!! You are exactly right, it's just a game, chill and enjoy it. I have to admit that I would be pretty pissed if that ending happened to Denver though...
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K3 1000

By they way Jer, did you happen to send an email to the Jim Rome show today? Something about Ed Hochuli not being able to see past his bicep?
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydv13 View Post
Kent, you are probably the best Chargers' football fan ever!!! You are exactly right, it's just a game, chill and enjoy it. I have to admit that I would be pretty pissed if that ending happened to Denver though...
Not me. I would have been more pissed that they gave up 31pts in the first half yet figured out a way to shut them out completely in the 2nd half (up until that last 30 seconds of the game anyway) for some reason. Had they played solid D in the 1st half they would have been up three TD's at the end of the game and it wouldn't have mattered. I've been the fan of teams on the receiving end of situations like that and I've been a fan of teams on the giving end of those situations. In the end I always looked to other plays that they could have controlled that they let get away with them.

Personally I look to the Sproles kick return for a TD in the 1st half. If it wasn't for that the 1st half would have been even uglier for SD and who knows if they recover at all after that. Plays like that change games and had Denver lost I would have looked at that play specifically or a couple of the long Payma defended passes as the momentum changer for the Chargers. I wouldn't blame Ed for the loss though. That guy makes like $65k a year to be one of the most hated people alive no matter what call he makes at what game. Pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode