Hi all, I hope you can help me.
I have just bought a K7 750 track bike, I had it on track yesterday and I have a problem.
It takes quite a lot of effort to turn the bike and when i do it ‘falls’ so fast and turns so quick I often had to lift the bike up mid turn to reach the apex.
I hope you understand what I mean and can offer some advise to give it a more smooth turn in feel, I was struggling to get within 4/5 seconds of my usual lap times.
The front forks have Ktech internals and the rear shock has been worked on albeit for the previous owner who was about the same weight. The forks are level with the yokes.
I am running slicks with quite an aggressive profile but I’m not new to riding on slicks so I know it’s not just this.
You're supposed to introduce yourself first lol..but I'll try to help you out.
Those are sweet handling bikes so it's either a mechanical problem or improper set-up. or perhaps the bike is tweaked in some way (hope Not)
Have you ridden with this tire before? Maybe you need some time with them. What is the tire? What was the pressure ? Are they a used set ? Check for possible leaks... What is your level ?
Assuming the tires are matched and balanced properly....
If all OK, check the front end.
1) remove steering damper if you have one and check that it has good movement.
2) Raise the front wheel so the bars are free to turn. check that it turns freely with no play. If free play, adjust. if hard to turn, dissemble inspect steering stem bearings. Use torque wrench when re tightening
3) If all that OK. Loosen Triple clamp pinch bolts, axle pinch bolts and re tighten to factory spec using torque wrench.
these are very important: must not be over tightened. 16.5 ft lbs for all
4) check chain alignment/ check all motor mounts also.
Sounds like suspension is upgraded
1) has it been serviced recently?
2) have you set it up? Sag etc.
If unsure of damping settings, start soft and work up.
provide a picture so we can get an idea of condition.