suspension/setup advise - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:52 PM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Re: suspension/setup advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Chubby Chaser was a colloquialism for trying to keep up with Bob on the racetrack if I recall correct

Chubby Chower though.....
I used to call him Oompa Loompa,lil rubenesque prick that he is

I suppose Chubby Chower would be more apt,when we stopped for lunch Bob single handedly racked up a $60 bill chowing down his own meal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoottruth View Post
well last night had fun playing around with it while it was snowing,for those of you who might have wonderd you cant put clip ons above triple clamp without some mods.I just put it all back to stock,fortunately the previous owner gave me everything to put back to stock including kickstand.I ended up being fine to flatfoot at stock height and peace of mind its back to how it was engineered is important too.Ill just go helibars if I think its uncomfortable
I was pretty much contemplating the same thing regarding raised bars. Riding aggressively on my FJR or the SV650, I kept wanting to get lower on the bike. When I first picked up the GSXR750 and took it for a quick jaunt, man, everything hurt so bad. Have to admit that my 60 year old body just was not having it. Plus, I boxed in the army and did MMA for about 20 years so my, arthritic body, was feeling it. Not the bike's fault. Just needed some time for my body to adjust...and glad it did. Now, I really enjoy it.

First thing I would put on the bike is StompGrips, if you already don't have them. That contributed to 90% of the comfort. From there you will be better able to manage the bike's dynamics and your body position in relation to it. Be forewarned....your inside hips and thighs will be on fire for a while, and your core (lower back and front abs) will yell at you. You can practice on your upright bike on a stand by, sitting on the bike, raise your butt 2" off the seat, grip the tank with knees and then try to lower your top half until it is just above the tank (no hands). Think "jockeye". Raise your upper body and then repeat 10 times.

If you are still contemplating a better position, perhaps Apex or Woodcraft bars might help. Let me know if you go this route as I would be curious of your experience. Thanks and rubber side down.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
I used to call him Oompa Loompa,lil rubenesque prick that he is

I suppose Chubby Chower would be more apt,when we stopped for lunch Bob single handedly racked up a $60 bill chowing down his own meal
Yeah, I'd try to convince him to eat better when we'd go to Texas Roadhouse after a trackday or race weekend before heading back up north....but he'd still get his steak cooked well done and then dip it in mayonnaise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:56 PM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
...but he'd still get his steak cooked well done and then dip it in mayonnaise.
Typical Piney from South Jersey
Not to mention,he is always late!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode