Dobek EJK - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: gsx-r750 L8, CB1100 2014, xt 250 2015
Dobek EJK

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering the EJK for a street gsx-r750 which I fitted with an Akrapovic megaphone exhaust. Runs fine with the megaphone, but I notice just a little less smoothness coming off idle, which was perfectly smooth with the OEM exhaust. My question is, how different is the 2018 GSX-r750 from the 2016 model? Everything I have come across says they are unchanged from 2016. Is that the case? I ask, because Dobek only lists the EJK for 2008-2016 models. They say "it should work". That kind of language, I find troublesome.

Please no one say "put the stock can back on" as I would prefer not to waste anyone's time on that direction of discussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Just call me Colonel Angus

Motorcycle: 2018 GSX-R750 L8 Metallic Triton Blue
Garage
Re: Dobek EJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitaylor View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of ordering the EJK for a street gsx-r750 which I fitted with an Akrapovic megaphone exhaust. Runs fine with the megaphone, but I notice just a little less smoothness coming off idle, which was perfectly smooth with the OEM exhaust. My question is, how different is the 2018 GSX-r750 from the 2016 model? Everything I have come across says they are unchanged from 2016. Is that the case? I ask, because Dobek only lists the EJK for 2008-2016 models. They say "it should work". That kind of language, I find troublesome.
My service manual says the only change after the major 2014 front brake/master-cylinder revision is the 2017 adjustment of some decal/sticker info. I bought the service manual with my 2018 gsx-r750
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: gsx-r750 L8, CB1100 2014, xt 250 2015

Very, very much thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 05 1k- sold / 2012 1k

the dobeck unit is crap, they dont have enough adjustment to tune it properly on the fuel map.

the 2011 and newer gsxr 750s are all the same,

you need to flash the ecu to turn off the decel fuel cut. they are also restricted above 12k rpm then the bike can be properly tuned

jason
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:55 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

EJK

I put that product on par with the 2 Brothers Juice box. Junk. They try to tune an EFI bike like they are changing carb jetting. Square peg, round hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode