Tuning my K5 750
I'm just now getting my bike back on the road after not riding for a few years. I cleaned it up, ran some Seafoam through the top end and 1-1/2 tanks of gas and the bike is running pretty good. Power feels good but I have no reference for what it should be since I've never ridden another 750. So, the short of it is that I'm taking the bike to RNR Cycles here in Sterling VA for some dyno tuning. I'm not necessarily going for crazy power or anything, I just want to make sure it is running as it should be, and might as well add some sensible mods. Here's what I have planned:
1. Woolich USB (Denso) v3 Package (based on Rick at RNR's recommendation. My subsequent research has confirmed in my mind that this is a good choice)
2. Sprint Filter P08 air filter (already bought)
3. Cut my existing Muzzy muffler roughly in half (or should I get another short slip on? Recommendations for a 2" diameter midpipe?). It currently has what I assume is a Muzzy full exhaust and the can is like 2 feet long!
4. Should I get new plugs? My bike only has 5500 miles on it.
5. Oil change
6. Run 87 octane (Rick's recommendation)
Any thing else I should be thinking of? I bought this as a project bike with less than 1000 miles on it back in 2010 and got it up and running fairly quickly back then (I have some threads on it here from back then). Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Last edited by DemonRider; 07-20-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Reason: Added item 6