05 GSXR 600 Clutch adjustment question - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Garage
05 GSXR 600 Clutch adjustment question

Hello reader and welcome to my FP (first post)!

As the title states I need to adjust my clutch on my 05 gsxr 600, the clutch engagement is pretty far out i.e. clutch lever is almost all the out when it starts to bite. I have searched the fourm via google and found some links to the owner manual and other people with this issue. My main question is 1, will I need any specialized tools to do this? 2, is there a DIY (most likely a YT video that easily shows what and how todo). Im planning on clean/lube the chain, recently got new Q3's and a new battery so once I fix this last two problems the bike will be as good as gold. Thanks for reading and any replies in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug

Motorcycle: K4 750
Re: 05 GSXR 600 Clutch adjustment question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_600 View Post

As the title states I need to adjust my clutch on my 05 gsxr 600, the clutch engagement is pretty far out i.e. clutch lever is almost all the out when it starts to bite. I have searched the fourm via google and found some links to the owner manual and other people with this issue. My main question is 1, will I need any specialized tools to do this? 2, is there a DIY (most likely a YT video that easily shows what and how todo). Im planning on clean/lube the chain, recently got new Q3's and a new battery so once I fix this last two problems the bike will be as good as gold. Thanks for reading and any replies in advance.
hello new person your "FP" should be on the starting line forum in the shape of an introduction. You need to read the rules and regs before asking people on here for help or your time here will be short lived. Also this is not a hey can you google this for me website. We are not going to find you how to videos on youtube. AT least I wont unless its "how to install rainbow underglow and pink tassles".
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:34 PM
Currently using pedals..

Motorcycle: L5 600
Welcome, but please go introduce yourself in the “Starting Line section of the forum, tell us about how long you’ve ridden, what you ride, and a little about yourself so we know who you are!

There are tons of videos to follow and they should all answer your questions. The service manual is the best guide for working in your bike. It’s not very difficult, no special tools required. But if you’re aren’t mechanically inclined, I’d have someone who is do it for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad314 View Post
Welcome, but please go introduce yourself in the ďStarting Line section of the forum, tell us about how long youíve ridden, what you ride, and a little about yourself so we know who you are!

There are tons of videos to follow and they should all answer your questions. The service manual is the best guide for working in your bike. Itís not very difficult, no special tools required. But if youíre arenít mechanically inclined, Iíd have someone who is do it for you

Thank you, no special tools required. I appreciate it.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Squidiot View Post
hello new person your "FP" should be on the starting line forum in the shape of an introduction. You need to read the rules and regs before asking people on here for help or your time here will be short lived. Also this is not a hey can you google this for me website. We are not going to find you how to videos on youtube. AT least I wont unless its "how to install rainbow underglow and pink tassles".
I did real the rules in "Forum Rules", in there it doesn't say anything about an introduction post being first. It does say treat people with respect though which you clearly have a hard time doing since you want to harass a new forum member about not posting an intro thread which isn't mentioned once in the Forum Rules. Maybe if you read my post (or the rules) and saw I already did a whole site search you would know i'm not looking for someone to "google it" for me. I'm looking for advice and not some bone head like you who want to bully someone for being new.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Click there should give you a good idea. pretty easy to do. This is your one freebie haha
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I did real the rules in "Forum Rules", in there it doesn't say anything about an introduction post being first. It does say treat people with respect though which you clearly have a hard time doing since you want to harass a new forum member about not posting an intro thread which isn't mentioned once in the Forum Rules. Maybe if you read my post (or the rules) and saw I already did a whole site search you would know i'm not looking for someone to "google it" for me. I'm looking for advice and not some bone head like you who want to bully someone for being new.
First of all its in BRIGHT ASS YELLOW letters on the first page not in the rules. Second we don't deal well with snowflake little kids who wanna cry every-time someone says something they don't like get over it. And you didn't need to do a site search you needed to google it kid. The video I posted you took me 2 seconds to pull up on the interweb you kids are so fond of. Last time I help you
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:07 PM

***ATTENTION NEW USERS***

Welcome, and thanks for registering for our forums.

Please read the following rules before posting - Forum Rules

Please also be aware, that new users are required to create an introduction post in the Starting Line section - The Starting Line

A quick intro about your bike, riding experience etc will greatly improve your chances of getting a detailed response to any threads you may post asking for help.

Thanks, and again, welcome to our forums.

Here maybe that will make it easier for you jackass.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Squidiot View Post
First of all its in BRIGHT ASS YELLOW letters on the first page not in the rules. Second we don't deal well with snowflake little kids who wanna cry every-time someone says something they don't like get over it. And you didn't need to do a site search you needed to google it kid. The video I posted you took me 2 seconds to pull up on the interweb you kids are so fond of. Last time I help you
I didn't search anything on this site, in google try site: gixxer.com <anything you wanna search> . I skipped the bright ass yell writing so what. Thanks for the video daddy.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I didn't search anything on this site, in google try site: gixxer.com <anything you wanna search> . I skipped the bright ass yell writing so what. Thanks for the video daddy.
You don't wanna be my kid I beat them JK welcome to the site bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode