Team GIXXER.COM at the Isle of Man TT 2004 Raffle! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: GSX-R1100
Team GIXXER.COM at the Isle of Man TT 2004 Raffle!

*** GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKET HERE ***

Many of you will have followed our exploits at the 2003 Isle of Man TT races, The Greatest Road Races in the World. For those that don’t know us, we are essentially a privateer team, each giving up our own time and commitment in order to go racing. Our rider, Dave Castle, works as a bike mechanic during a normal week, but Dave is a seasoned TT racer. He has been racing at the TT since 1991 and in 2002 Dave asked me if he could borrow my bike , a GSXR 750, for the TT races. Dave finished in 22nd place in the F1 race and 26th in the senior race. Dave struggled against the rest of the guys who were riding 1000cc bikes, so I agreed to get him a GSXR 1000 for the 2003 races.

So in ’03, we had a 178 RWHP GSXR 1000 F1 bike, and GSXR 750 and 600 and we entered 5 races in all. The F1 and senior race (with the F1 bike), the production race (on the 750), and the junior TT and 600 production (GSXR 600). I took my laptop and my digital camera and as well as being the race mechanic and team owner/organiser, I was responsible for the daily updates to the Gixxer.com members, writing reports for the TT forum. We all had a great time and in total, Dave won 3 bronze replicas, which doubled the amount of TT trophies he had won over the previous 12 years, with his best result finishing SECOND in the 750 production class, in the main production race. For more info on the ’03 races, see my posts and pictures in the TT forum

We had a great deal of support from the Gixxer.com team when at the last minute one of our sponsors let us down, we asked the members for donations and we raised just over $1000 in the end. Entering and racing at the TT is expensive, given the ferries, the accommodation for 2 weeks, tyres, spares, fuel etc that’s apart from the cost of the bikes themselves, so every penny raised is important.

We are now starting to get ready for the 04 TT races. Those that have been following my posts in the TT forum will know the problems we had with the handling on the F1 bike, but all those problems are now behind us. The F1 bike is ready to roll. The 600 that Dave used last year is being blueprinted for the production 600 race and junior TT races and Dave is currently in negotiations with a friend of his to acquire an 03 GSXR 1000 for the production race. We are starting our fund raising early this year, hence the Gixxer.com at the 04 TT races raffle. This should help us with the costs of racing at the TT. We have the bikes, we just need to raise the money to go racing. We want to enter the 04 races as the official GIXXER.COM TT Race team, with the site being our main sponsor.

By buying a raffle ticket, you are helping the team. You can be sure that every penny (or cent) raised will be used for the team and the races and like last year, I will be reporting in on our progress. This is something you can be proud of. You will be supporting a privateer team with very limited budget against the main factory teams and this year we really have a chance of some top 10 finishes. We are not only racing for ourselves, but also for the members of Gixxer.com. We are promoting the site at the island, and in ‘03, no other manufacturer had anything like the coverage or the support that we had WORLDWIDE though the site. There are over 24,000 members of gixxer.com and you should all be proud to help support the TT team and feel part of the team.

The raffle has prizes of a pocket bike, painted in the TT bikes colours, plus a quickshifter from Translogic, plus 5 people will get one of the ’04 TT race team shirts.

Incidentally, we need you help to decide on a colour scheme for the 3 bikes we have for ’04. Last year we could not afford any fancy paint jobs, so two of the bikes we painted blue and the F1 bike was run in the same colour scheme that it was bought in, yellow and black. What colours do you think we should have for ’04. Should we paint them all in the yellow and black colour scheme? Let us know your ideas, any photoshop’d pics greatly received. We plan to get all the bikes in the same colour scheme for this year, plus team clothing etc.

We cannot go racing without sponsors and we really want the gixxer.com members to be our main sponsors for the ’04 races, so please buy a raffle ticket and support YOUR team at the Isle of Man TT races.

If anyone wants to make a direct donation towards the team, I am able to accept money via Paypal at [email protected] If you would like to join in as an additional sponsor for the races, with your company name/logo on the bikes for the races I can be contacted on the same email address.

Thanks everyone for your support, and keep watching for more info on the TT race team.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Eric the viking
Re: Team GIXXER.COM at the Isle of Man TT 2004 Raffle!

So who bought the first ticket?
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki GSXR-600 Telefonica Movistar

I bought one! Good luck with raising money for the team. It's for a great cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Amateur

I paid $10 for a raffle ticket yesterday and got my Red R. Was that supposed to happen or did my money for a ticket count as a site donation instead (not that I would mind donating to the site or anything, but I really want a pocketbike!)? If I did get a ticket and the red R just for that $10, then that's a pretty darn good deal!!
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
ikachu said:

I paid $10 for a raffle ticket yesterday and got my Red R. Was that supposed to happen or did my money for a ticket count as a site donation instead (not that I would mind donating to the site or anything, but I really want a pocketbike!)? If I did get a ticket and the red R just for that $10, then that's a pretty darn good deal!!
my mistake is your gain

6007 Jonathan Rosenfeld

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Mr Gixxer said:

Quote:
ikachu said:

my mistake is your gain

6007 Jonathan Rosenfeld

Ok, I just made a real site donation so that I have a legitimate claim to my Red R! Thanks!
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: Witold

I wish you guys the best. Hopefully, I'll be there in the audience in 04 to watch you live.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Kyle

My name is not on the list yet, no rush, just don't want to be forgotten
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: Jason

how does this raffle work? Like when would the drawing be? How much are tickets? And do we get like an electronic ticket or mailed and actual ticket? Sorry Ive never done a online raffle before.

-Jay
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 12:44 PM
I <3 Item 9

Motorcycle: GSXR 7/10

Hook me up with a ticket Mr.Gixxer
...this time the bike is MINE
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
BrokenHeadlight said:

how does this raffle work? Like when would the drawing be? How much are tickets? And do we get like an electronic ticket or mailed and actual ticket? Sorry Ive never done a online raffle before.

-Jay
tickets get listed here: https://www.gixxer.com/TTRaffle/tickets.htm

$10 a ticket and we hope to sell a 1000
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Kyle

Quote:
skidmark said:

Hook me up with a ticket Mr.Gixxer
...this time the bike is MINE
if I win the bike I will trade you for the shifter, cause thats what I want hehehe
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Expert

Okay, bought some tix...........good luck at the races fella's.....

Gixxer.com will be on top!

Oh, and my fingers are crossed big time.......I WANT A POCKETBIKE........

Tried last time.......no luck....... , me and the nephew will pray again for luck..ha ha

Again, KICK some ass bro's......

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Squid

Really glad to see people suporting the TT after the shit coverage it got this year.

It is the finest race of any motorsport in the world Good effort guys.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 06:49 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Dan F.

alright, bought a ticket yesterday, still no number....... TT was the most exciting racing I have seen in a long time.... when money starts falling out of my ass, Im gonna have to make the trip.

Good Luck guys!!

Got my number...thanks!!
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: Eddie Terrell

Got my ticket, good luck
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Irish_GSXR

Just bought some tickets. !!

I have a 2 year old lunatic at home who WANTS that pocket bike
Shipping that bike from the IOM to Ireland will be cheaper than sending it to the USA anyway

Best of luck at the TT

Ferg
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Amateur

Got my ticket ! ! ! A $10 raffle ticket is cheap compared to all the $$$ I've saved from the info provided on this site ! ! !

Best of luck at the TT ! ! !
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Dan F.

Tickets sure seem to be selling slowly.........cmon guys, let them get on with drawing one of my numbers already.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Eric the viking

we need to sell more tickets, its a bit depressing to see the lack of support shown by some of the members. we are only looking to sell 1000 tickets from over 24000 members. If only 1 in 20 members bought just one ticket each, we would have sold out already. it seems that evryone leaves it to others to do the work.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode