Site upgrade and Red R info!
Welcome to the new Gixxer.com!
As you know, the site has had some issues and the primary cause was old legacy code hanging around and gumming things up. After investigating, it became clear that the only option was to start from scratch. So, now we have completely new digs for Gixxer.com!
I’ve also rearranged the ads to fit better with the site. Previously we had 8 ads at the top of the page which pushed down the page content and meant a lot of scrolling. The new layout eliminates this issue and I’ve done my best to make them fit in better.
These ads generate revenue. However, they are not displayed to Premium members. Premium members see supporting sponsor ads only, and can 'opt-out' of all of the other advertising. If you dislike advertising, I hope that you will seriously consider our premium membership program.
For those of you who do not sign-up for Premium membership, please make sure you are logged in as a registered user. Considering your feedback I’ve configured the site so that registered users see fewer ads than guests.
Here is a run-down of some of the other changes:
1) New Skin – Change always takes some getting used to, but the new layout should make navigating the site much easier.
2) There has been a fresh install of the forum software in order to deal with past issues regarding performance.
3) Paid Subscriptions– We’ve streamlined the paid memberships and now offer a one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. If you are a yearly site supporter you will be upgraded to 1 year Premium membership. If you have been a monthly site supporter for 6 months or more I will personally upgrade you to a Lifetime Premium membership.
I am handling the Club R monthly supporters one on one personally so, if you feel you fit this category please PM me for further information on this.
Premium members still have the access to Club R plus you now get 50 megs of gallery space instead of the old 20, a larger avatar and up to 500 PMs.
4) Intellitxt – I’ve added some new contextual ads which result in some words turning 'green' with an underline. These ads are being run on a test-basis. If you do not like these ads, members can turn them off in their UserCP. Simply go to your UserCP and check the box "Disable Intellitxt ads" in: “Edit Profile”. Premium members do not see these ads.
5) Google advertising – Premium members do not see these ads. If you do not like advertising, please consider signing up for premium membership which eliminates all Google ads.
6) Left hand column - I have added a left-hand column to display site sponsor ads. These ads should be relevant to the forum, and are companies who help support the site (with their knowledge, special offers, and money). They are here because they value your business and want to support this community.
If you cannot stand the left column, for your convenience, Premium and Lifetime Premium members can turn-off the left-column in your User CP. Simply check the " Disable Sidebar in Forum view" box in “edit profile” at the bottom of that page.
7) Home page - after many member requests, I have added a new homepage that updates with Recent Threads, News (which we will be regularly updating), and a new Bike of the Month contest. The new home page will feature news direct from Motorcycle.com among other authoritative sources!
8) Bike of the Month - I have introduced a new "Bike of the Month" which will feature motorcycles as selected by you from the membership. See the Bike of the Month forum for more details.
Along with the help of the community leaders here, I’ve worked very hard to try and address your requests and concerns. The entire community team at Gixxer.com hope you enjoy (and appreciate!) the changes made. Hopefully you will find the new features useful and fun! If you find any bugs or problems, please report them in the support forum.
Myself and the moderators will do our best to answer any questions or suggestions you may have as quickly as possible.
Last edited by Admin; 01-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.