Need a little advice PLEASE w/'06 front rotors and '11-'17 calipers - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

2Likes
  • 2 Post By SPL170db

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Need a little advice PLEASE w/'06 front rotors and '11-'17 calipers

Hello all. Ive got an 07 SV 650s w/an 06 (in the model year range) gxxier 600/750 front end swap (gold fork legs & Tokico calipers) and Im going to replace that front end w/ an '11-'17 front end (Black BPF fork legs & Brembos). I was just going to use the 06 wheels and rotors but they are 310mm vs '11-'17 320mm rotors so my question is; are they compatible? Does anyone make a 320mm rotor for the 06 gxxiers? Or must I get an '11-'17 wheel and rotors? I thought about just getting '11-'17 rotors for the 06 wheel but the '06 hubs have 5 bolts for the rotor and the '11-'17 rotors have 6 bolts.... UGH! Why cant this be easy?! Also, does anyone know where, besides Suzuki, I can get a crown/castle socket the works w/the crown/castle nuts on the steering stem?
Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Re: Need a little advice PLEASE w/'06 front rotors and '11-'17 calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangloryous View Post
Hello all. Ive got an 07 SV 650s w/an 06 (in the model year range) gxxier 600/750 front end swap (gold fork legs & Tokico calipers) and Im going to replace that front end w/ an '11-'17 front end (Black BPF fork legs & Brembos). I was just going to use the 06 wheels and rotors but they are 310mm vs '11-'17 320mm rotors so my question is; are they compatible? Does anyone make a 320mm rotor for the 06 gxxiers? Or must I get an '11-'17 wheel and rotors? I thought about just getting '11-'17 rotors for the 06 wheel but the '06 hubs have 5 bolts for the rotor and the '11-'17 rotors have 6 bolts.... UGH! Why cant this be easy?! Also, does anyone know where, besides Suzuki, I can get a crown/castle socket the works w/the crown/castle nuts on the steering stem?
Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
1 things....

1. I wouldn't bother with swapping an 11-17 BPF front end on the bike. You're not really going to gain any appreciable performance from the OEM BPF forks over the OEM Showas on the 06. You'd be better off putting that money towards aftermarket cartridges or even a cheaper Ohlins/K-Tech piston kit for what you've got there already. I'm assuming you're not going through this whole song and dance simply because one set of fork legs are black and the other are gold?

2. The rotors are not your issue. The 06-18 600/750 all use 310mm rotors (NOT 320mm). Your problem is that the 11-17 forks (and front wheel) use a smaller diameter axle than the 06 wheel you have there.

If you just want to bolt up the OEM Brembos they'll fit fine with what you've got there, although you're not really going to see much of any performance improvement with them either....and you'll have the misfortune of their poor bleeder nipple design that points it inward toward the center of the rim.

So as I said above, its your money and time, but I would take the $ and effort you're looking to sink into swapping a new gen front end on your bike and just get your forks that are on there properly sorted as they sit now.
mlyon89 and Vangloryous like this.

"I never drive faster than I can see...besides that it's all in the reflexes."
-Jack Burton

CCS AM #478
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 03:08 PM
Squid

In german forums we have a matching parts list for putting a USD fork in SV650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Track Day Winner

Compatability chart attached

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode