Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

peg grinding

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  JetBlast 
#1 ·
any of you guys have something to protect your pegs when you grind them? mine are starting to grind up pretty good. my coworker has some kind of metal piece that goes under the pegs to protect them. im not sure what they are. anyone use something like this and where can i find a set?

#2 ·
Do they have a little slider bolt screwed in like on sportbikes? If so you could just put in some short, regular bolts - or you could drill and tap them if they don't already.

#4 ·
ill take a look and see. my coworker had these triangle pieces under his. i didnt get a chance to ask him about it. he did mention it to me a week ago that he bought them somewhere but he isnt around to ask right now.

#9 ·
i dont always grind the pegs so its not a big deal but i do have some nice scrapes on them now :biggrin

i have a couple turns on my base that grind my pegs pretty good. basically its a right hand turn at a stop sign going upwards on to a small bridge. i also grind every now and then on roundabouts but thats rare and im not worried about that. shaft, yep im looking for something like those peg savers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.