Figured it out!!! `96 not `99 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 98` GSXR 750 SRAD
Figured it out!!! `96 not `99

I finally figured it out... my srad is 1996 not 1999 as i thought!!! i hate a little the guy who sold it to me but...the bike runs very nice and i`m happy!!!
Any problems with this model? Any weak points? What must i watch closely?

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1616689-PICT0018.GIF
Views:	18
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	1462  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: stmb
Re: Figured it out!!! `96 not `99

Wow thats a bit of a Bumm deal, Fraid i cant help cause mine is a 99 and there were quite a few differences.
How come he got away with selling a 96 as 99, Was there no paperwork with it. Will you be using it on the road or the track.

You might want to check it aint stolen to.
Out Of curiosity, how much ya pay for it?

As for what you must watch? Your speedo )
Cause it goes pretty fast

short term memory boy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: RC51, R6 Racebike, DRZ 400

by the way you're bike is carbuerated, not fuel injected like the 99. if you paid for a 99 you got hella ripped off, i'm sorry to say. But same thing happened to me, from someone on THIS forum. He sold me a 97 SRAD 600 saying it was a 98. Only difference was the front forks, so it made minimal difference. But in your case, if you have a loan on the bike, you're now upside down in the market value of the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 1K

Quote:
I finally figured it out... my srad is 1996 not 1999 as i thought!!! i hate a little the guy who sold it to me but...the bike runs very nice and i`m happy!!!
Any problems with this model? Any weak points? What must i watch closely?

Thanks!!!
most 96 motors were recalled for too thin of a head gasket... if I do recall correctly. Three of us went in and bought together. All three ended up being recalled, My one friends was the only one that blew up and Suzuki ended up repairing the problem for free, that was 96. The 96 motor was stronger for some reason than the 97 mostly due to the above being corrected with a thicker Head Gasket. Also watch out for fuel leaking under the gas tank as that was also a factory recall, never got mine fixed either but ending up having to get a new fuel pump and put a new gasket on then. Should you have further ?'s send me a PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

i paid 5500 euro for the bike... i plan on learning to ride her well and buy a 750 K4 after that...There were paperwork but i didn`t knew what to watch for...so in the papers it says it`s 99 and she is 96>>> dunno what to say anymore...the price difference is about 500-750 euro to the fuel injected model...i didn`t have any problems so far ....and damn this thing is a flying rocket!!!

Thanks for ur posts guys!! Drive safe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 1999 GSXR 750 SRAD with a Y engine, Blue Flame exhuast, TRE, PCII, undertray and tidy tail.

Jesus, the price differenence between Ireland and your locale is hugh. I paid 4,200 euros for a mint 1999 SRAD. Next time your looking at buying a bike, do a bit of research before hand.

In my case I checked on some sites and got the frame/engine no for the 1999 750 and checked this against the bike I was looking at. I then also got some pointers on differneces between 1998 and 1999.

Since the 1999 modle was the first FI model it was easy enough to tell the differnace. Just looking at the clocks and seeing the FI light was one small indicator. Of course if the guy knows his stuff he could mock up all the tell tail signs.

Mind you the difference between a 96 and 99 is more that 500 euros here in Ireland.

J.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

The price would`nt be so high !!! But we have to pay some customs tax that is 1270 euro for 501cmc to 999 cmc for the models older than 5 times....The ones that are 4 year old or 2 year old you pay for example i think 2000 euro for a k3 model....
Everything that is japanese you pay taxes...Stupid Country!!!

That`s the problem...Even i find a mint 1999 at 4200 euro i will pay +1270...so the bike reaches the sum of 5500 euro as easy......

AGAIN>>>STUPID COUNTRY!!!

See ya
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 1999 GSXR 750 SRAD with a Y engine, Blue Flame exhuast, TRE, PCII, undertray and tidy tail.

is this even with a private purchase? we have to pay VRT (vehicle related tax) when we import a bike from say the UK to Ireland. But If I buy a second hand bike I pay the price (i.e. 4,200 in my case) and 67 euros road tax a year.

Different case here I suppose.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

We don`t pay a tax road here...we pay only for cars and trucks...if i buy it from outside country everything that`s japanese we pay that customs tax and VAT also...for the bikes build in the Europe like Ducati and Aprilia or Bimota or BMW we only pay that VAT but the bike has to come with some Euro 1 certificate from the factory!!!

Life pretty much sucks here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode