1Likes
  • 1 Post By avangelist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2017 GSXR 1000R, 2014 Aprilia Tuono
Garage
Full system noise levels

I'm looking for a full exhaust system for my L7 but was hoping to find one that is not crazy loud. My usual track has noise limits and I would like to find one that when baffled will still pass. Anybody have experience with this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Provisional Novice

Re: Full system noise levels

dont get a full akra. even w db killer it is borderline obnoxiously loud.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:36 AM
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people in a "special" way

I got an r55 full yoshi on my 750. It has a nice deep, full sound without being obnoxious. I even passed the noise test here in my country with the baffle in. Normally you would have to put the stock one back on.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:12 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSX-R1000 K4

I have some laser one and it is loud, looks nice but I tend to use higher gears in town not to get too much attention of the law as it can be really loud...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug

Motorcycle: K4 750

Ive got a full akra and pass. It depends on the model mine isnt unrealistically loud and still sounds amazing. I also dont like loud bikes or id ride a cruiser haha.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Contact the local trackday org or find a motorcycle forum near the track and ask them.

Noise limits are measured at specific distances from the machine or specific points on track (like the fastest straight) and measure at at certain RPM or however fast your going at the point on track.

You will discern almost no information here asking what exhaust "isn't too loud."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
Contact the local trackday org or find a motorcycle forum near the track and ask them.

Noise limits are measured at specific distances from the machine or specific points on track (like the fastest straight) and measure at at certain RPM or however fast your going at the point on track.

You will discern almost no information here asking what exhaust "isn't too loud."
The reason I am asking here is that I have a better chance of finding someone with my specific bike that has dealt with noise regulations. Sure I can ask around my track (and I probably will) but I don't see many 2017+ gsxrs to ask apples to apples questions. I know where the meters are located at my local track but that doesn't really help answer my question.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcom View Post
The reason I am asking here is that I have a better chance of finding someone with my specific bike that has dealt with noise regulations. Sure I can ask around my track (and I probably will) but I don't see many 2017+ gsxrs to ask apples to apples questions. I know where the meters are located at my local track but that doesn't really help answer my question.
And until you give specifics about where sound is measured from and how it is measured, you still won't find a correct answer.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:42 AM
Track Day Winner

Garage

it is track specific and each track it is specific to the day. so for example, Brands Hatch in the UK is really restrictive and quite annoying with trackdays during the week is when the limit is at its highest and is usually capped to 110dB @ 50% revs. you can then look at the spec sheets for the systems you're looking at to see what they have them tested against.

Last time I went to Brands Hatch, I had a R1 '09 with a full akrasystem but put the db killers in and it passed at 96db @ 6k because that is where he told me to idle, which is stupid because it idls at 4k!

noise limits are annoying,but so are loud bikes
cdcom likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by avangelist View Post
it is track specific and each track it is specific to the day. so for example, Brands Hatch in the UK is really restrictive and quite annoying with trackdays during the week is when the limit is at its highest and is usually capped to 110dB @ 50% revs. you can then look at the spec sheets for the systems you're looking at to see what they have them tested against.

Last time I went to Brands Hatch, I had a R1 '09 with a full akrasystem but put the db killers in and it passed at 96db @ 6k because that is where he told me to idle, which is stupid because it idls at 4k!

noise limits are annoying,but so are loud bikes
Thank you!! Helps a lot.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:31 AM
Provisional Novice

My local track has DB limit of 104. It sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode