Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Recommendations of where to reflash ECU for derestricting the bike

8K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  Karns Performance 
#1 ·
I am trying to get some opinions of people who have already had this done.

#9 ·
I had Superbike Unlimited flash my 2017 GXSR's ECU during this past Holiday Sale. They really did a great job smoothing the on/off throttle transitions and fueling at low throttle positions. I also had them cut the decel (reduced engine braking) and lower the temp the fan kicks in at. As far as power, it definitely feels faster, but I haven't had it dyno'd. My GSXR is mainly my commuting bike, and the flash made the bike so much easier and cooler while riding in heavy traffic. I'm very satisfied.

#11 ·
Just send Jason@karnsperformance your ECU if you have not flashed yours already. The improvement of the throttle at low rpm's and on/off smoothness, especially in A mode, is huge. It has been about 2 months and 800 miles since the flash. The only downside is I went from about 32 to 28 mpg on average.

#33 ·
Gonna say you and all should send in their ecu's to Nels at 2WheelDynoWorks. Woolich works better with the Suzuki ecu's than ftecu just as an fyi, it'll work just fine, just better with Woolich. Nels uses Woolich with the Suzukis.

#34 ·
Don't send your ecu to SuperbikeUnlimited as they'll do anything in their power to avoid admitting that they know very little about the software being used besides the fact they refuse to own up making mistakes. My advice to anybody on here looking to tune or flash for their gixxer is stay the hell away from sbu and send it to Jason @ Karns Performance instead

#39 ·
i do Woolich also - there is very little difference between the to they are just different ways to read the same message. - if you really look at the coding they use the same values for the cells.

the reason i use both is because neither of them do all of the models that i need to be able to flash. -
jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.