anyone have exerience with Mineola dealer near Hempstead Long Island? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

anyone have exerience with Mineola dealer near Hempstead Long Island?

My bike was acting up on tuerws on the way to work. Battery cut off. So sincei had it die last week i figure it was tiome to replace it. Its a 5 year old battery and it about to get cold so i want it to starts. Onlky problem was Autzo was tyhe only thing around and they didnt open til 8am.putting me 40 min behind. So i buy it. and it gets me going.

I stop around 75 mins into my trip and get gas. Ishut it pooff and its dead. Luckilky a gas station with a garage with it. So te just put the voltmeter on the battery....only 8vs showing. So either it didnt have a full charge of the shelf or something isnt charging tte battery and i will soon drain then entire 12-15volts soon.

so i get my co worker to follow me to the shop. A guy working in the build let me borrow ajump box. But dnow ist so dead when i wooudl get stuck at a red light itd would stal;ll. Luckily he would come around like a pit crew and id lift the unbolted seat up and be off! Happen twice.

So our work day is done. The only thing I need to know is it able to be done whiel I wait or will i have to comeback. No straight answer cause his tech need to go to lunch. That sucks for me cause my coworker iws being help up by waiting to see if i need a ride. the shopguy saya maybe 20-30 mins....more like an hour....then he says its not the stator so we re checking some other things maybe 15 min......after 45 mins he says the rectifier is done but he will have to order it. Wouldnt be a big deal but its liek an hour and a half from my apt. My coworker was great and dropped me off in manhattan so i can walk 5-10 bocks to a train and then walk a mile from the bus stop to my place.....long day.

So if you read all that, you can skip tp down here.

Whats your opinions on prices? $95 hrly labor rates seems a bit high
I looked up the proce of the part it varies $120-$240. I kinda forget bu ti think he said $220
I boguht a jacket a couple weeks ago $199 ....they had it there for $249

All this being said, your local garage usually doesnt treat regualr customers better. Since Im not regular, anyone in tight to put in a wod for me? Maybe lower the labor rates a litte? maybe on my next purchase they can do somethign like free install of the tires if i buy them from them. Something.

And opinions on the knowledge of these folks? A+ shop or are they a bunch of kids that just landed gigs a motorcycle shop cause they were watch OCC or Jesse James.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Motorcycle: Street:2018Z125ProKRT Track:2007GSXR600
Re: anyone have exerience with Mineola dealer near Hempstead Long Island?

You should try spell check before you go any further.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr 1000
Quit lookin for a hookup and fix it urself if u want cheaper... Duh

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-600
Re: anyone have exerience with Mineola dealer near Hempstead Long Island?

I get my "dealership" work done there. Even though I tip the service manager whose name is Mike, he doesn't give me deals.

Dealers like mineola always jack up the price on everything. The best i've gotten from tipping is a faster service period in which they take to work on my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode