Sussex Co rip Saturday 8/18 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: '11 750
Sussex Co rip Saturday 8/18

Weather prevailing if anyone is intrested in a rip around the county roads of Sussex County NJ.

Meet Up 10:45-11:00 AM @ WaWa on New Road, Parsippany NJ, gas up and head up 80 to exit 25. Take 206 out to the 1st good county road. After that whoever wants to lead, be my guest.

Go at your own pace, no one gets left behind-no exceptions! No stunters or squid happy trouble magnets. Just a solid fun ride. We'll stop for food at some point, hang out and take it from there.

Ride will wind down around 4-5 PM. Or whenever you want to break off

I will be posting this on SBN as well, hopefully we can get a good number of riders out there.

Remember this is weather prevailing, I heard scattered T-storms so it's 50-50 right now.

Post up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R600 (K6)
Re: Sussex Co rip Saturday 8/18

im down Jess. But like i said to you yesterday... "Hangover permitting"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

I've got my female ride Sunday, so IDK about this yet.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Cool cool, ur man just texted me a maybe too.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy7 View Post
Cool cool, ur man just texted me a maybe too.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Ooooooooooh I see. That just happened to me too.

Anyway, I don't think we saw too much of Sussex today, we did however get to Hawk's Nest, High Point and pretty much everywhere else.

Most people initially intrested didn't make it, the 3 of us that went had a good time...and now for the best part of the story:

So Wetmoney and my super squidy friend/ex-bass player (actually he can ride, he's just a nut and squid in the sense that no protective gear is involved, and overall he's just an animal. Who else spits on a face shield in Friendly's to clean it?? Ok anway.)

Yeah so we had left Hawk's Nest and were making out way back to Jersey. We had gotten to High Point and were at the bottom of the hill...light changed and I hear my squidy friend's Ducati Monster take off, then Wetmoney goes...and I follow.

RIGHT BEFORE the very first turn of the hill I was about to crack it open and catch up but a split second before a pick up truck started veering into my lane so I let off the throttle thinking "I'll pass the truck on the straight and catch up to them safely."

In the hair of a second that I let off the throttle there was some distance between those 2 and me...and thats when he got in the middle of us. High Point Park's Finest took off behind the two and I caught up to see this.

I got super friggin' lucky I didn't get nabbed--Frank and Benny, not so much! Sorry guys hope it gets reduced!

Last edited by Seventy7; 08-18-2012 at 08:53 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R600 (K6)

I blame the nice weather.
if it wasnt so damn near a perfect day i wouldn't have gotten my ticket!
haha but all jokes aside.. it was a great ride.

Some first time occurrences for myself this Saturday...
1.heading up to Hawks Nest and High Point etc.
2.Getting hit in the neck by a wasp. having it fall into my jacket and continue to sting me on my chest and stomach. not a good time.
3.first traffic violation on the bike. (Careless Driving)

I could have done without the Wasp and the ticket.
but i guess the ticket made me realize that bombing through a county road full lean into a turn going "_ _" mph past a cop isnt the brightest thing to do.
lesson learned.
now i have to go to court all the way up in Montague, take a day off of work and pay $$$ for fines, hopefully to drop off points (hopefully)

The cop was cool tho. he got out of the car and gave us a look like "shit you boys are having the times of your lives huh?" haha.
so he says,
"we pick up alot of bodies here. you guys cant be riding through here like that."
So Seventy7's Friend says to the cop,
"Sorry officer, im out today on my new bike and i wanted to push it alil and he was only trying to keep up."

-basically doing me a solid so i wouldn't get in trouble which was cool, but still i knew we were going to get hit with something.

the cop was having non of it tho. we were in the wrong. so.. license and registration handed in and now we play the waiting game.....

ohhh... then Seventy7 rides by... basically during our lecture from the cop.. and stops.. takes that nice pic and bounces.
haha.. touche Jess!

So literally 40 mins later.. yes 40mins.. the cop issues me a Careless Driving and Jess's buddy a Careless driving and unclear plate.

kinda bummed, but didnt let it ruin my day.. shit happens.
lesson learned.

we grab a bite to eat. headed home and called it a day.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Yeah that was an intresting day, I forgot about the wasp lol. If that wouldve happened to me I wouldve been riding bitch to a hospital! That's crazy shit.

I was thinking next time we go up to Hawk's Nest we should just go back down the way we came. Those long rodes were ok but kinda...straight.

Another thing we should do is eat much closer to home, food sitting like lead in my stomach makes those damn speed bumps on 23 even worse!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

Daring snapping a photo...I had my ladies ride the next day and figured I'd get other stuff done...next time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode