stole my bike 10 ft away from me - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: L1 1000
stole my bike 10 ft away from me

i was working today and my bike was stolen literally 10 ft away from me... i work in monmouth county and parked my bike next to my co-workers bike. It was a busy street right in front of the hospital and i work literally 10 feet away from the street. I walked out to check on it (which i normally do every 2 hours or so) and it was gone!!! As i was in a state of panic someone asked if i had my bike stolen because she saw two guys putting a motorcycle into a white van 30 minutes ago. why do you not report two guys picking up a bike and placing it into a van? idk but then she says that a taxi driver actually stopped and asked them if they need help... What is wrong with these people??? I called the police and it seemed like they really didn't give a damn.... Lesson learned .... Never leave your bike out anywhere .... FML if anyone sees a black 2011 gsxr 1000 with a full akra exhaust in monmouth county please notify local police :/ cuz it might be mine

Last edited by DaZerVin; 07-11-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-750
Re: stole my bike 10 ft away from me

Wow, sorry that happened. So much fucked up shit in that story. From the girl who watched them steal it, didn't get the plates nor did she call the cops. To the cab driver that helped them load it into a van. What a bunch of dumbass's.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K9 GSX-R 1000

I'm sorry to hear man. That's total bull. I know how you feel. Similar occurrence happened to me. We can start an anti thieves gun committee if your in. I have since my situation. But now they don't want to play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 1999 GsxR - 750
Damn that sucks, hope u get it back!

phoned!
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

Wow. " So you think it's safe to leave your bike unattended on a public street ? " " The next thing you'll find is it being lifted into a van and taken down to the river. "
Attached Images

post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

I'm def in for the anti theft club... Worse thing is that my reg and insurance cards were in the back seat so they know where I live... Anyone ever get their bike back ?? In good shape??
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 1999 GsxR - 750

Never had one stolen (knocks on wood)
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Soozookee 2k1 GSX-R 600 and 2k5 DRZ 400 SM

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate thieves, they should have their fingers smashed flat with a hammer, then their legs and arms amputated
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Sold 'em - '08 Suzuki GSXR 1K, '04, '06 & '08 CBR 1Ks' and '01 CBR 929

Hope you had "Theft Coverage".
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Sold 'em - '08 Suzuki GSXR 1K, '04, '06 & '08 CBR 1Ks' and '01 CBR 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaniX View Post
Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate thieves, they should have their fingers smashed flat with a hammer, then their legs and arms amputated
not enough...
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Track Day Winner

That's sucks! Shoulda put a xena disc lock w/ alarm on it. I NEVER leave home without it. Hope you find it just how you left it #
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Soozookee 2k1 GSX-R 600 and 2k5 DRZ 400 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_1000 View Post
not enough...
You're right, it's not. I'd keep them chained to a chair for daily torture. I've always wanted to use wirecutters on the webbing between fingers and earlobes.

Here's a vid showing how easy it is if you don't use a van, looks like an alarm might help in most situations:

post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage

Hospital not have security cameras?
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

Sorry to hear that....
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Thank you all for your concern.... Im depressed and think I need therapy sessions haha.... I contacted hospital security and all they did was take a report to cover their ass.... They said they will go through the security cameras but believe that the cameras are too far away from where my bike was parked.... Do you guys think that I would have my bike back if I had lowjack??
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Good dude to deal with

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 750 2008 FZ1

I feel for ya man...Can you post a picture of it? I know it might be a futile effort at this time, but it's probably worth the chance.

Also, Since you know the approximate time that it was stolen, I'll bet one of the cameras in the system has a video of the van on it.
I'd bring donuts and coffee to the hospital security guys and ask them to check all the video feeds around that time for a van.

Last edited by palat_l; 07-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by palat_l View Post
I feel for ya man...Can you post a picture of it? I know it might be a futile effort at this time, but it's probably worth the chance.

Also, Since you know the approximate time that it was stolen, I'll bet one of the cameras in the system has a video of the van on it.
I'd bring donuts and coffee to the hospital security guys and ask them to check all the video feeds around that time for a van.
Haha I'd be surprised if they actually new how to operate their camera system... But here's the most recent pic ....
Attached Images

post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2007 750 GSXR Blue/Black
Garage

Good looking bike. My bike was recovered, but I already had the insurance check and already bought a replacement. I did not have the heart to go to the impound lot and look at her.. I just wanted to remember how she was... Expect NOT to get a check for what she is actually worth, but ask for more than one estimate from your insurance,, it may help. I got a couple hundred more than what they originally offered.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2001 R1, 2004 GSXR1k

thats pretty shitty.
the thing is though, if you turn up in broad daylight, take your time and act casual, nobody will question what you are doing.

lesson for the future, install a gps locator on the bike somewhere, you can ring or message it, and it responds with exact gps co-ordinates. it has its own battery too so even if the bike has started to be dismantled, youll still get a location for up to 4 days.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medcoxo View Post
Good looking bike. My bike was recovered, but I already had the insurance check and already bought a replacement. I did not have the heart to go to the impound lot and look at her.. I just wanted to remember how she was... Expect NOT to get a check for what she is actually worth, but ask for more than one estimate from your insurance,, it may help. I got a couple hundred more than what they originally offered.
I was wondering what kind of bike to get next ? Idk if I can get the same bike... Too many memories :/ and I put so much work into that one .... So when they give me and estimate I should just ask if they can give me another one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
thats pretty shitty.
the thing is though, if you turn up in broad daylight, take your time and act casual, nobody will question what you are doing.

lesson for the future, install a gps locator on the bike somewhere, you can ring or message it, and it responds with exact gps co-ordinates. it has its own battery too so even if the bike has started to be dismantled, youll still get a location for up to 4 days.
Does lo jack have gps location on it ? Or is it just a beacon that you hVe to search for the signal... Someone told me that not every police department has the equipment to find lo jack ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode