Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

For those that have requested... here you go.

Date: Sunday July 1
Time: 9:00 AM
Stands up: 9:15 AM
Meet: Dunkin' Donuts‎, 560 State Rt 23N, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
Pace: Ride within your limits; not a race; be safe; respect other riders; no one gets left behind

Please have tank topped off or have about 100 miles left before next gas stop.
toky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Amateur
 
RoLLiN247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Jersey.
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR
Posts: 619
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Man I really want to do this run. Not sure about the hotass weather though
RoLLiN247 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLLiN247 View Post
Man I really want to do this run. Not sure about the hotass weather though
We'll be in mostly back roads under shade in the trees, so it's not going to be that hot. Sunday would be high of upper 80s for where we're going to be riding about.
toky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R600 (K6)
Posts: 172
Im down. Permitting how sloppy I get Saturday night...


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
wetmoney is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange county NY-hudson valley
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 06 Ninja 400 2018,2016 GSXR 750
Posts: 2,827
Thumbs up Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Maybe we will run into you guys, we will be coming from the opposite direction. Back roads to rt 97 and thru the Hawks nest and rt 23 of High point.
JFM GSXR 750 is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Rhinestone Cowgirl
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 809
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Thinking about this....
Princess Sparkly Britches Glitta Nail Potty Mouth is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM GSXR 750 View Post
Maybe we will run into you guys, we will be coming from the opposite direction. Back roads to rt 97 and thru the Hawks nest and rt 23 of High point.
LOL... I thought you were staying up by Bear mtn? What time do you expect to by the Lukoil on rt 23 by Highpoint? You have my number, just text me updates and I'll do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
Thinking about this....
smh...
toky is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: '11 750
Posts: 1,065
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

I'd love to go with you guys..but tomorrow I have a family event.

Usually, I wouldn't think twice.....because I'm not riding tomorrow I'm currently sitting home watching A-Team on dvd and drinking tall boys----had to do something to take the sting out of it.
Seventy7 is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy7 View Post
I'd love to go with you guys..but tomorrow I have a family event.

Usually, I wouldn't think twice.....because I'm not riding tomorrow I'm currently sitting home watching A-Team on dvd and drinking tall boys----had to do something to take the sting out of it.
How did I know you weren't going to make it to whenever I decide to post a ride up lol. Same with someone else as well...
toky is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: '11 750
Posts: 1,065
Thumbs down Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

What!? This is the only thing I've ever seen you post in a looooooooong time--I've been mounted up every weekend the last few months and it's always posted up.

Someone chooses volleyball over riding

This upcoming week I only work Mon and Tues, I plan on riding somewhere! If your around I'd love to try keeping up with you...I should just PM you my number.
Seventy7 is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: '11 750
Posts: 1,065
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Wetmoney is usually my tag team partner too--If I text him something's up 9 times out of 10 he'll be ready.
Seventy7 is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy7 View Post
What!? This is the only thing I've ever seen you post in a looooooooong time--I've been mounted up every weekend the last few months and it's always posted up.

Someone chooses volleyball over riding

This upcoming week I only work Mon and Tues, I plan on riding somewhere! If your around I'd love to try keeping up with you...I should just PM you my number.
lol, I'm just busting your balls. Some ppl haggle me when I'm going to post a ride. Then when I do... I get maybes...

But then I get more interest from another group that I recently joined.
toky is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: '11 750
Posts: 1,065
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by toky View Post
lol, I'm just busting your balls. Some ppl haggle me when I'm going to post a ride. Then when I do... I get maybes...

But then I get more interest from another group that I recently joined.
Yeah I know you are haha..I just really wanted to ride too though.

Did you used to work at the arcade in willowbrook years ago??

PM'ing you my #--pm me when you want to ride. Also theres a good local run from Lincoln Park to Wanaque Resevoir/Skyline Dr if you have to scratch that itch. Wetmoney found a local route about 45 min to an area--few nice twisties, pretty mild--good road conditions.
Seventy7 is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Rhinestone Cowgirl
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 809
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by toky View Post
LOL... I thought you were staying up by Bear mtn? What time do you expect to by the Lukoil on rt 23 by Highpoint? You have my number, just text me updates and I'll do the same.



smh...

Princess Sparkly Britches Glitta Nail Potty Mouth is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange county NY-hudson valley
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 06 Ninja 400 2018,2016 GSXR 750
Posts: 2,827
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by toky View Post
LOL... I thought you were staying up by Bear mtn? What time do you expect to by the Lukoil on rt 23 by Highpoint? You have my number, just text me updates and I'll do the same.



smh...
WE meet in the Bear mountain area but we never stay there.

How was the ride? Any details on the crash?
JFM GSXR 750 is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM GSXR 750 View Post
WE meet in the Bear mountain area but we never stay there.

How was the ride? Any details on the crash?
A beginner with 9 month exp, went down. Took a blind turn wide, Low sided, slid on his back, and bounced off an oncoming SUV. He was air lifted and is OK with 8 broken ribs.

Thank god the SUV did not run him over! Was a scary site watching it all happen in front of me.

Even more traumatic for the driver of the SUV.
toky is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Deceptively fast Bob...
 
It's_Just_Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central NJ
Motorcycle: L1 600 racebike
Posts: 20,161
Garage
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Holy shit man!
It's_Just_Bob is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange county NY-hudson valley
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 06 Ninja 400 2018,2016 GSXR 750
Posts: 2,827
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Wow where did this happen on rt 23 or rt 97 or someplace else? 8 broken
ribs and a helicopter ride what a 1st season for this guy. It's gonna hurt
to sneeze or cough for this guy for awhile. Been there done that. Glad it
didn't turn out worse.
JFM GSXR 750 is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Rhinestone Cowgirl
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 809
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by toky View Post
A beginner with 9 month exp, went down. Took a blind turn wide, Low sided, slid on his back, and bounced off an oncoming SUV. He was air lifted and is OK with 8 broken ribs.

Thank god the SUV did not run him over! Was a scary site watching it all happen in front of me.

Even more traumatic for the driver of the SUV.

Glad he is ok.
Princess Sparkly Britches Glitta Nail Potty Mouth is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northeast NJ
Motorcycle: CBR600RR
Posts: 171
Re: Sunday, Jul 1 - NNJ Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM GSXR 750 View Post
Wow where did this happen on rt 23 or rt 97 or someplace else? 8 broken
ribs and a helicopter ride what a 1st season for this guy. It's gonna hurt
to sneeze or cough for this guy for awhile. Been there done that. Glad it
didn't turn out worse.
Some where else. I wasn't leading at the time as we switch leads for the 2nd half to switch it up a bit from my normal routes.

Yup, been there done that too. He has the lung expander device to blow in to. Plus getting in and out of bed is going to be tough.
toky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome