Places to buy helmets Queens/LI? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2001 GSX-R600
Places to buy helmets Queens/LI?

I know a few places.. just wanted to reach out and get your opinions on them and if you have suggestions for others?

i know of Island Powersports, Gold Coast and NY Motorcycle....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Track Day Winner

Re: Places to buy helmets Queens/LI?

try out the helmets at the dealers and then look around for it. i bought my first ever helmet from NY motorcycles and after that i just buy online. but you should always try the helmet on before
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Provisional Novice

Mineola Yamaha Suzuki

Honda of Hicksville.

Kawasaki of Hicksville.

Honda Yamaha of long island city

CrossBay Honda Suzuki Yamaha of Howard Beach

Last edited by Snafu; 06-11-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:40 AM
...just like sex with Shane

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 750 (street), 2007 GSXR 750 (track) 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S

If you are in Queens, I'd go to Gold Coast. They have more helmets then the other local dealers.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinD View Post
If you are in Queens, I'd go to Gold Coast. They have more helmets then the other local dealers.
Thanks man.. i think im going to head over there today!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Sold 'em - '08 Suzuki GSXR 1K, '04, '06 & '08 CBR 1Ks' and '01 CBR 929

Online you'll always the best prices...bought my soumy for $3XX and at the store it was $600..50% more that I saved.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_1000 View Post
Online you'll always the best prices...bought my soumy for $3XX and at the store it was $600..50% more that I saved.
Good point... i do want to try on a few though so i figured in store would be the best place to do that. Then i can be like the typical shopper these days.. write down the model number etc and buy online!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Track Day Winner

support your local shops!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 1000 & 2006 GSXR 1000 Race

Keep doing it that way and you won't have any dealerships left!!!! I worked in a Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership and pissed me off so much when I would spend an hour with someone getting them the right info and sizing to have them turn around and say oh I don't have the money for it now then I see them a week or so later wearing the exact helmet! Why don't you ask if they can do any better on the price??? Also knowing how to size yourself correctly is very important. Most people will buy a wrong sized helmet cause it is comfortable at first. Then when it breaks in it's loose. I was trained by a Arai and a Shoei rep to size helmets.

Dont think..... JUST DO!!!
03 Silver 1000 06 Race 1000
Put another quarter up your ass cause you just played yourself!!!!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnba6 View Post
try out the helmets at the dealers and then look around for it. i bought my first ever helmet from NY motorcycles and after that i just buy online. but you should always try the helmet on before
Quote:
support your local shops!

Which one is it? buy online or support local?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

And if it makes you guys feel any better.. i bought 2 helmets last night from Kawasaki of Hicksville....
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewZ00 View Post
Which one is it? buy online or support local?
well i support the dealer i bought my bikes from. meaning NY Motorcycle on Jamaica Ave. they actually had a great deal on the hjc helmet. the RPS-10. its a freaking light helmet! the reason i bought on line is because they do not carry any scorpion helmets. which are the helmets that fit my head perfectly.

Quote:
And if it makes you guys feel any better.. i bought 2 helmets last night from Kawasaki of Hicksville....
nice which ones?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 1000 & 2006 GSXR 1000 Race

Quote:
Yes it does actually! Thank you!!! You just helped in keeping a local business open! I never made money on sales from where I worked, actually I didn't make money there at all! I was given all my parts at cost and had use of the shop and was able to park my trailer there. Plus heavily discounted tires. I wasn't trying to be a dick in my other post but I hate reading "well go to your local dealer have them help you out then go somewhere else to buy it" that's straight up bullshit!

If you don't mind me asking... how long did the sales rep spend with you and did they give you a break on the price??

Dont think..... JUST DO!!!
03 Silver 1000 06 Race 1000
Put another quarter up your ass cause you just played yourself!!!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
well i support the dealer i bought my bikes from. meaning NY Motorcycle on Jamaica Ave. they actually had a great deal on the hjc helmet. the RPS-10. its a freaking light helmet! the reason i bought on line is because they do not carry any scorpion helmets. which are the helmets that fit my head perfectly.

nice which ones?
I ended up with HJC CS-R2 Thunder in yellow... the wife had to have it in pink also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ LIFE View Post
Yes it does actually! Thank you!!! You just helped in keeping a local business open! I never made money on sales from where I worked, actually I didn't make money there at all! I was given all my parts at cost and had use of the shop and was able to park my trailer there. Plus heavily discounted tires. I wasn't trying to be a dick in my other post but I hate reading "well go to your local dealer have them help you out then go somewhere else to buy it" that's straight up bullshit!

If you don't mind me asking... how long did the sales rep spend with you and did they give you a break on the price??
NO break on price... which i could have def saved around $50-60 online which is what pisses me off. I know they have a much higher overhead etc.. but its like whos pocket do i want to hurt more? mine or the stores? ya know?

Around 30 min... i pretty much knew which helmet i wanted.. so it was just a matter of sizing... and the wife was indecisive on color...
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r

Yeah pay almost double at a dealer to keep his door open and don't care about yourself. Dealership's that are depending on selling helmets for almost double the online price to keep there doors open are going out of business eventually anyway ....Parts and service, GOOD service, people coming back for return business and referrals keeps doors open, especially for customers who don't know how to turn wrenches.... Playing "there is a sucker born every minute" like most dealership's do will make people not want to go back once they find out they just got jerked, and eventually most of them will find out. I do support a couple of my local dealership's, but I have been going there for years and had racing support from them......They never try to rob me when I go there so I don't mind giving them my money.....If I don't feel like driving to the dealer I am definately buying online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode