Challenger MotorSports Edmonton UNTRUSTWORTHY - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: 2010 GSXR 600, 06 GSX-R 1000 Black/Yellow...SOLD, 06 GSX-R 600 Race Bike...SOLD
Challenger MotorSports Edmonton UNTRUSTWORTHY

Well this could turn out to be a long story. I was looking for a 2003-2005 GSXR 600 for a track bike. I called a guy about an ad in the Bike Trader back in early January about a 2003 GSXR 600. The guy gave me a price and says he has lots of other bikes available. I ask if he has any 04 or 05 GSXR 600's and he says yes. I then ask DO EITHER OF THOSE 2 BIKES HAVE ANY FORK, FRAME ENGINE BLOCK DAMAGE OR DAMAGED RIMS. HE SAYS NO THEY DO NOT!!!
So I say i will be there in approx a week - 10 days. When I get there I did not like the 03 it was in rough shape with a non-salvagable title.
He then points over to a bike and says there's an 04 with a salvagable title which is more what I am looking for incase I decide to sell it after I am done with it as a track bike.
I am looking at it and it has a front section off an 03 1000., and no fairings at all, just a dented up gas tank. Now this is all fine cause it will bring the price down and I am going to buy race fairings anyways. So as I say again this bike looks Ok, are you sure there's no fork damage or frame damage. Because there was nothing visable I could see with my own 2 eyes.
HE RESPONDS NO THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THAT!!!
I tell him I am going to the bank to get the cash and I should be back in approx an hr. Well just my luck the telemarketer on the phone that approved my credit line messed up and never activated my account so It was like i never got the credit line.
I go back and offer a $500 deposit to hold the bike for 1 week max until I get things straightened out at the bank. If I do not show with the money then he keeps my deposit. Pretty fair I think.
NO DEALS ! He says you said you have 2G in the bank just give me that and I'll hold the bike, I SAY PARDON??? not a chance dude.
I then tell him I have to go back to work in Rocky Mountain House and I will be back in just over 2 weeks. The time comes and I go back to talk about the price and wait like 2hrs for this dipshit to showup. He plays dumb or realy is dumb and saya he does not remember me.
So we "debate" over the price for another hr and agree on a price. Now remember he says everything is Ok and says the front section on the bike does not go with it because it's not originally off that bike. At this point I am really frustrated and say take the damn thing and give me that tail section off a 750 that has been damaged and semi-repaired. Deal done!
I take the bike to the shipping dude(sending to Nova Scotia) and send the bike home. I pick up the bike on Monday and proceed home.
When I roll into the garage i grab the front brake and no compression. The forks are not functioning. I pull up on the bars and they come up very little only to fall back down. I call him to find out what the helland he says get them checked but there cannot be nothing wrong with them. I tell him I have been talking to many suspension professionals sending pics etc. and they all say there is either something internally wrong or the tubes are bent.
They say even the slightest bend (un-noticable to the human eye) will cause them to lock. Ok now what???
I take the forks off and VOILA bent outer tube.
I call the guy who sold me the bike and he says no way. Tells me to send the forks back and he will look at them. I say are you going to replace them and he replies I do not know. I say why don't I email some pics and you can see the bends, he says OK, but then says well how do I know they are the forks off that bike??? WELL HOLY SHIT. Dude really pisses me off with that one.We argued for a while abnd when I ask what he is going to do for me he says probably nothing You bought the bike as is. He tells me I was in a hurry to buy the bike so it's my fault. DAMN DUDE!
You had 16 days from the last time I was here and guys the bike never moved from the spot it was in when I was last there. He ends up hanging up on me and that's it so here I am!

Now i know i bought a wrecked bike, with a salvagable title and it's a gamble. But when you ask for a bike with no frame,fork or rims damaged, you kind of put your trust in someone who owns a business. It's not klike I was going to dismantle the bike in his shop and check the thing over. Now I am out the cost of the fork tube which is $600 here through Suzuki Canada. I know I can find cheaper stuff on e-bay but also maybe not. I am really pissed guys and just looking for opinions on whether I should take further action or not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R750, 2001 TL1000R
Re: Challenger MotorSports Edmonton UNTRUSTWORTHY

I hate ppl who lie about their product and itís even worse when itís a car or a bike, more $$$ on the line. I suspect you bough it ďas isĒ in which case thereís not much you can do. Canít believe salesman was such an asshole, definitely would like to see someone teach him a lesson for ripping ppl off like that. It is $5000-$10000 machine not a $5 bag of peanuts. I donít know what I would do if it happened to me but Iíd be pissed.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: 2010 GSXR 600, 06 GSX-R 1000 Black/Yellow...SOLD, 06 GSX-R 600 Race Bike...SOLD

Ya i bought it as is. And the guy was not even a salesman, He was the owner. It is just a piddly ass shop and he sells everything under the sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 06 Gixxer 6

That fuckin sucks man I dont think that there is too much more that you can do though. Theres a guy like that here in Calgary as well, crooked fucker. I am sure that he would pull the same shit as that maybe they're brothers or something.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa (Blue/Silver)

Story sux but you did the right thing by telling us. You may be stuck but I bet you've saved some others.
Bit of a consolation - that's how you get that a$$ back.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 04:43 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 1K L.E., 04 Aprilia RSVR factory

does he have a "shop" in edmonton?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZN
does he have a "shop" in edmonton?
Yes he does, I took the WhiteMud east, turned north onto 17th ave, and then up to 77th st. I think. Just in approx 500 feet on the right hand side. It's hard to find, there's some used vehicles in front of the shop.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Track Day Winner

I am in Edmonton, and you are probably talking about Challenger RV. I bought some stuff from him before and it worked out for me. (Lucky) but no one in town recommand him either. check these guys out they are pretty good and if you want I can go check parts out for you. www.recyclemotorcycles.com
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 05 Gixxer 1K L.E., 04 Aprilia RSVR factory

i used recyclers when i was up there too when Loni owned it (understand different owner now) not whithout its stories too, heard story from a friend that he found some of his stolen bike's parts there. but my experiences back in the day were very good.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Track Day Winner

I've been calling these guys for the pass 4 days trying to track down some body work. They have some but couldn't make up their mind how much they want for it. Finally showed up at their location today with cash to show my interest & the guy told me he has not make up his mind if he wants to sell them or to keep them????? Weird bussiness ethics.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Squid

nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode