Edmonton Area - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2008 gsx-r1000
Edmonton Area

anyone in the edmonton area want to ride sometime.im a new rider,so wouldnt mind someone who can show me a thing or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Re: Edmonton Area

I'm a new rider in Edmonton too, still working on that elusive Class 6, so dooon't think i'd be able to show ya Jack Schitt.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

right on,a friend amd myself are going ridding tomorrow afternoon, ur welcome to come for a ride if you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Fabulous Fashion Fag

Motorcycle: A bucking b!tch

come to lloyd i'll ride
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Well got her all back together, ready for a ride... but pretty sure i'm over the 92/96 decibel level FAWK!!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

hahah thats awesome, i was going to get myself a two brothers exhaust but i am not in the mood to get pulled over everytime theres a cop behind me.lol
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R 600, 2008 Hayabusa

Hey guys,

I'm in Edmonton as well. Southside in Terwillegar. Would like to find a few guys to ride with during the week after 8:00pm (after kids go to bed). I'm a fairly new rider myself, so you're probably not going to learn a hell of a lot from me.

Let me know,
Brett
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markc34 View Post
Well got her all back together, ready for a ride... but pretty sure i'm over the 92/96 decibel level FAWK!!
actually our bikes are permitted to idle at 92 db and they are allowed up to 100 db @ 5000rpm. (those are the only 2 test levels, idle and 5000, and the volume is measured at 18 inches). btw, i am up for a quick jaunt sometime too.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

I've got a Two Bros. exhaust on mine. Was way too loud, so I bought a DB Killer for it called the P1X. Sound level is way more acceptable now, don't know about legal, but I drove it by a few police on Whyte ave. and they didn't even turn their heads.

Brett
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: GSXR600

Hey guys, I'm in Edmonton too, a little off topic, but what are the best motorcycle shops in Edmonton?

I'm looking for a good hole in the wall accessories shop that will order in parts even if they don't normally sell that product.

(http://www.baysideperformance.ca/ for an example of an awesome accessories store based out of vancouver... any edmonton equivalent for easy pick-up so i don't have to pay for shipping?)

and in august, I can ride around on weekends
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Squid

comme down to RED DEER I will go
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazmatikz View Post
Hey guys, I'm in Edmonton too, a little off topic, but what are the best motorcycle shops in Edmonton?

I'm looking for a good hole in the wall accessories shop that will order in parts even if they don't normally sell that product.

(http://www.baysideperformance.ca/ for an example of an awesome accessories store based out of vancouver... any edmonton equivalent for easy pick-up so i don't have to pay for shipping?)

i bought my bike at argyll because they had the best price by $2000, but i absolutely refuse to go there for parts or service anymore, it is absolute junk. i haven't tried to order parts through any other shops. i have used bayside performance and i am not impressed by them at all. they took a long time to fill my order and 2 pieces out of 3 were the wrong item (even though a copy of the purchase receipt was correct in the box) and the assholes wanted me to pay to ship it back. i use motomummy and ebay for most purchases now. you can always find a great price and quick shipping.

"A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!"

-Dangerfield
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: GSX-R600K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazmatikz View Post

Riverside in St.Albert is great. They can order anything in from Parts Canada and it always comes fast (It usually ships from Calgary), and their prices are good.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 09 gsxr 750

one more from edmonton checking in, and one more vote for riverside.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Squid

moving to edmonton in few weeks!! and would enjoy meeting some people and doing some riding if anyone is up to it
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Lifetime Premium

What area are you moving to? I'm on the south side, mostly ride in the evenings after I put the kids down. PM me if you're interested in geting out some time.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2010 GSX-R 750

I'm here too. I'm up for a ride most evenings, PM me if you want to meet up somewhere. I'm on the north side.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Track Day Winner

New to the site and just got myself a street bike; most of my experience was racing on the track.

Have to say that Riverside (has been) one of the worst for knowledge and pricing... not to mention the owners (from years ago not sure if any of this changed as I just DON'T deal with them any more) were not the 'friendliest' and wouldn't give me any sponsorship or help eventhough I grew up in St.Albert.

I've always liked Alberta Cycle best deal for tires usually best pricing for parts and accessories however lately everyone's prices have dropped and they haven't... possibly gone up for some. I won't talk to much more on this other than I just shop around now; Argyll has alway been most expensive with Riverside but I do shop there now too; Glen is one of their salesmen and he is a great guy loves Suzuki's and Racing!

I just go where there is nice staff and good pricing; Scona Cycle for Hondas or other things you can't find; most all shops have the same main suppliers Parts Canada has gotten better over the years and Steen Hanson is still around

Online works also........ any ways long post live in Edmonton let me know if you guys wanna ride!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

like i said in an earlier post, i personally got a better deal from argyll by $2000, but i still prefer to deal with alberta cycle because they actually have a good service department (they DID have two kids who did absolute shit work, but they have since left) and besides, i only really get tires mounted anyway because i enjoy doing minor maintenance myself. i don't find any difference in most parts though because like you said, they all have the same supplier anyway, i just pick up stock on sale, the rest is interwebs. i would go for a ride but i am away for this season, but i will come back to this thread next season and give a shout, maybe we could hit stratotech. i still haven't been there yet though, work just always gets in the way.

"A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!"

-Dangerfield
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Track Day Winner

Anyone up for a ride sometime while we still have some season?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode