Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage
Russia, you so crazy!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 11:13 PM
IM THE BRONZE

Re: Russia, you so crazy!!!

If I went to Russia, I'd be the most paranoid bastard in the country.
coopgt1 likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 PM
IM THE BRONZE

Check out Karcoacha, guy cracks me up.

coopgt1 likes this.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesxara View Post
If I went to Russia, I'd be the most paranoid bastard in the country.
I always wanted to go to Russia, almost did but after all these dash cam videos, I would walk everywhere. No way I'm getting in a cab or on a bus!!

Quote:

https://youtu.be/uF1m7RnmHpc
What did I just watch??
Geesxara likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:09 AM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Quote:

I need to take a drive through Russia some time. That guy is too funny!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:49 AM
IM THE BRONZE

Guys a great street performer, improv constantly.
Maybe not as cool as planes taking out cars though.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Quote:

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:34 PM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
I always wanted to go to Russia, almost did but after all these dash cam videos, I would walk everywhere. No way I'm getting in a cab or on a bus!!
I spent 2 whole summer vacations(end of June til end end of August) in communist Soviet Union back in '82&'84 visiting family by the Black Sea when I was a kid.
It was hardcore back then,scared the hell outta me weekly,but was the experience of a lifetime;to see mother Russia& how my family lived 1st hand is completely different than visiting as a tourist&seeing what the government wanted Americans to see.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Life was hard behind the "iron curtain". Parents had friends who came here from Russia and I was very curious about Russia. Also had a Jr. High teacher who went to Russia in '81/'82 who had some stories about life there. Nothing shows a country like living with family though.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Life was hard behind the "iron curtain". Parents had friends who came here from Russia and I was very curious about Russia. Also had a Jr. High teacher who went to Russia in '81/'82 who had some stories about life there. Nothing shows a country like living with family though.
You have no idea
I'll see if I can dig up the pictures(that USSR Customs allowed us to bring back to the USA..-they didn't find where I hid the rolls in my luggage lol) but most of the film that the good pics were on(showing daily activities by residents,the poverty,long lines for food,fist-fights over toilet paper,elderly women working on road paving crews in dresses,etc) was confiscated at the airport.
Attached Images

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Or watch "Moscow on the Hudson" with citizens running to join lines without knowing what will be for sale at the end of the line but something is being sold. And after defecting, the lead character is sent to the store to buy coffee and has a panic attack being overwhelmed by the choices. When I was 11 I think, my parents were going out of town for the weekend and had gotten Tania's mom who both immigrated from Russia to come stay with me. Obviously Tania's mom hadn't gotten out much since coming to the US. When my parents were about to leave she asked "what are we supposed to eat?" I took her to the freezer in the utility room, opened it and told her "we have ribeye steaks, T-bone steaks, hot dogs, fillet Mignon and hamburger patties " and she nearly passed out. She would have hit the floor if my step-dad hadn't caught her, she said "I have never seen so much food in one place before!"
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
I spent 2 whole summer vacations(end of June til end end of August) in communist Soviet Union back in '82&'84 visiting family by the Black Sea when I was a kid.
It was hardcore back then,scared the hell outta me weekly,but was the experience of a lifetime;to see mother Russia& how my family lived 1st hand is completely different than visiting as a tourist&seeing what the government wanted Americans to see.
It's not the same now anyway, since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

My ex / inlaws / friends are all Russians from Moscow / St Petersberg who were actually able to leave Russia because of some Jewish thing back in the 90s. They told me the stories and I can only imagine coming here and the SHOCK of walking into a supermarket, grabbing a cart and filling it up with anything / as much as you want.

Barring the crazy nutjob commies / KGB / police, there were the citizens... totally lawless. It was the wild west out there. Errrr... the wild east?

Anyway, it's not the same now. Still not the same as here but it's not like you have any reason to be fearful now.

Unless you're driving, as we've all seen
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Or watch "Moscow on the Hudson" with citizens running to join lines without knowing what will be for sale at the end of the line but something is being sold. And after defecting, the lead character is sent to the store to buy coffee and has a panic attack being overwhelmed by the choices. When I was 11 I think, my parents were going out of town for the weekend and had gotten Tania's mom who both immigrated from Russia to come stay with me. Obviously Tania's mom hadn't gotten out much since coming to the US. When my parents were about to leave she asked "what are we supposed to eat?" I took her to the freezer in the utility room, opened it and told her "we have ribeye steaks, T-bone steaks, hot dogs, fillet Mignon and hamburger patties " and she nearly passed out. She would have hit the floor if my step-dad hadn't caught her, she said "I have never seen so much food in one place before!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
It's not the same now anyway, since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

My ex / inlaws / friends are all Russians from Moscow / St Petersberg who were actually able to leave Russia because of some Jewish thing back in the 90s. They told me the stories and I can only imagine coming here and the SHOCK of walking into a supermarket, grabbing a cart and filling it up with anything / as much as you want.

Barring the crazy nutjob commies / KGB / police, there were the citizens... totally lawless. It was the wild west out there. Errrr... the wild east?

Anyway, it's not the same now. Still not the same as here but it's not like you have any reason to be fearful now.

Unless you're driving, as we've all seen
In '90 my family from Russia came for 3mos to visit&stay with us in NY. Like you said,the look of shock on their faces when we took them to the grocery store and the butcher section was total disbelief. They were those foreigners taking pictures holding food in the aisle's
Geesxara likes this.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:18 PM
IM THE BRONZE

My folks took in a couple teenage girls from Germany from a Church Mission Program, they stayed with them for 2 weeks. They didn't want to go back to Germany lol.
My mom said the look on their faces when they went into the Super Walmart was disbelief.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....

Quote:
They were those foreigners taking pictures holding food in the aisle's
If any of 'em were sport fishermen, I can imagine them freaking out at Costco. "Take my picture, comrad" while holding 50-70 lbs of salmon
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Rectum Rupticus

Quote:
In '90 my family from Russia came for 3mos to visit&stay with us in NY. Like you said,the look of shock on their faces when we took them to the grocery store and the butcher section was total disbelief. They were those foreigners taking pictures holding food in the aisle's
Did you take them to Wegmans ?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
My folks took in a couple teenage girls from Germany from a Church Mission Program, they stayed with them for 2 weeks. They didn't want to go back to Germany lol.
My mom said the look on their faces when they went into the Super Walmart was disbelief.
I'm sure...after experiencing McDonalds & Taco Bell,mine didn't wanna go back home to Russia either

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
If any of 'em were sport fishermen, I can imagine them freaking out at Costco. "Take my picture, comrad" while holding 50-70 lbs of salmon
Shit,this was way before Costco's or BJ's wholesale clubs were in our area but Im pretty sure they'd all have heart attacks at those places. "Babushka,they have bulk toilet paper,rows and rows of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgt1 View Post
Did you take them to Wegmans ?
Were south of you in the Hudson Valley so all we had was Stop&Shop and Food Emporium chains. But when they went north to Syracuse to visit my uncle,he did take them to a Wegmans and they spent almost the entire day there lol
Geesxara likes this.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Rectum Rupticus

Quote:
I'm sure...after experiencing McDonalds & Taco Bell,mine didn't wanna go back home to Russia either

Shit,this was way before Costco's or BJ's wholesale clubs were in our area but Im pretty sure they'd all have heart attacks at those places. "Babushka,they have bulk toilet paper,rows and rows of it

Were south of you in the Hudson Valley so all we had was Stop&Shop and Food Emporium chains. But when they went north to Syracuse to visit my uncle,he did take them to a Wegmans and they spent almost the entire day there lol
When I was a teen my Mom use to take my relatives from out of state to Wegmans here in Webster and they were always amazed . I use to laugh about it .
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 09:40 PM
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Motorcycle: GSXR-600 K3
Garage

holy shit.... thats um yeah... gotta hurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode