Nostalgia - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By oldgixxer
  • 1 Post By oldgixxer
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,100
Garage
Nostalgia

So going through the tons and tons of videos I have I came across this. No idea where I originally found it and/or if has been posted here, although I'm sure it has, I didn't bother to search. Whether you learn something from the video or you're just old like me and admire the 1990 era bikes in their splendor and/or enjoy laughing at the squids, you'll enjoy this video. By the time this video was made, I was in my 3rd year of riding and still on my EX500.

Street Smarts circa 1990



And one of my favorite commercials from 1986

Samantha750 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 04:50 AM
Guest
 
oldgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Posts: 24,541
Re: Nostalgia

I remember the Honda commercial;had a buddy who would say "I'm getting that 600 Hurricane in the spring!!! and Im gonna fuck y'all up on your 750s,watch!..every time the commercial aired...it was a long fucking winter listening to him.

Well,just like he told all of us he would get one...he did. Bought a matching white/red Sergio Tacchini nylon sweatsuit& a new bottle of Drakkar Noir (y'all millennials prolly don't know WTF either of those are). Have to see of I can find the pics of him wearing it next to the bike....see pic below in the meantime....

Anyways,he crashed his new Hurricane whilst wearing that nylon sweatsuit,as he slid down the road the suit got super hot from friction,then melted onto whatever skin he had left on his forearms/thighs. Bike was totaled on cosmetic damage alone...he never rode again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN.854783490_oxg9.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	482625  

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-26-2016 at 05:17 AM.
oldgixxer is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,100
Garage
Re: Nostalgia

OUCH!!! Sucks he never rode again, that has never even crossed my mind to give up riding.
Samantha750 is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:18 AM
Guest
 
oldgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Posts: 24,541
Re: Nostalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
OUCH!!! Sucks he never rode again, that has never even crossed my mind to give up riding.
He did the next best thing,which was to buy a new sweatsuit and then a new IROC-Z
grtfast, Ironhead401 and 600k2 like this.
oldgixxer is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,100
Garage
Re: Nostalgia

Gotta have that track suit, was he a breaker by chance? I have some fond memories of the Camero IROC! I also loved the T-tops, thankfully I now have a car with T-tops and still love them.
Samantha750 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:17 AM
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
 
bueshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Motorcycle: K1 600
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Drakkar Noir (y'all millennials prolly don't know WTF either of those are).
Awww, the classic smell of the 80' & 90's. But you're right about the track suit. Before my time
bueshy is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:50 PM
Rectum Rupticus
 
coopgt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Posts: 9,918
Re: Nostalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
I remember the Honda commercial;had a buddy who would say "I'm getting that 600 Hurricane in the spring!!! and Im gonna fuck y'all up on your 750s,watch!..every time the commercial aired...it was a long fucking winter listening to him.

Well,just like he told all of us he would get one...he did. Bought a matching white/red Sergio Tacchini nylon sweatsuit& a new bottle of Drakkar Noir (y'all millennials prolly don't know WTF either of those are). Have to see of I can find the pics of him wearing it next to the bike....see pic below in the meantime....

Anyways,he crashed his new Hurricane whilst wearing that nylon sweatsuit,as he slid down the road the suit got super hot from friction,then melted onto whatever skin he had left on his forearms/thighs. Bike was totaled on cosmetic damage alone...he never rode again.
Was he from Jersey? Just sounds like something someone from Jersey would wear and do back then.
coopgt1 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 06:02 AM
Guest
 
oldgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Posts: 24,541
Re: Nostalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgt1 View Post
Was he from Jersey? Just sounds like something someone from Jersey would wear and do back then.
No,he was from NY....but he did rent a summer house down the shore in Belmar with his IROC-Z,Trans-Am&Mustang buddies

My girlfriend at the time,her family owned a shore house in Point Pleasant and while down there for a weekend we decided to stop over and have a few drinks with the IROC boys....mullets were popular at the time and holy fuck is all I can say.....we left after 30mins but the combined stench of Polo,Drakkar&Obsession For Men cologne made us promise we would never go back and visit again
coopgt1 likes this.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-27-2016 at 06:07 AM.
oldgixxer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome