• 1 Post By oldgixxer
  • 2 Post By Ironhead401
  • 1 Post By ChampC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki Gsxr-750
2007 Suzuki Gsxr 750(Calypso)

My first bike..got her in August of this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160828_083854.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	480505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calypso 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	480513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calypso 7.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	480521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calypso 3.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	480529   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160722_191956.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	480537  

XBD and d3v10u5 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage
Re: 2007 Suzuki Gsxr 750(Calypso)

RIP. Poor decisions were made.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Thanks..smh..
marcadamski and XBD like this.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

Looks good. Take your time with it.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 04:10 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Do I spy a Two Bros exhaust????
Carnage likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:08 PM
XBD
2 > 4

Motorcycle: L6 750
Garage

[email protected]!!..looks clean

The people here are going to drill you for choosing that bike as a starter bike, so be ready to shake your head a lot (although listen to their advice, a lot of people here have been riding/racing forever)...I did the same, bought a L6 750 as my first bike... but so glad that I did.

Try to tame your inner adrenaline-junky self (which is near to impossible on these bikes, but try because it sucks looking at your pretty bike when it's un-ridable and in pieces).

I crashed 3 months in, got super lucky and only broke one rib and a butt-load of bruises (I had on a padded motorcycle jacket, helmet, nice riding gloves, motorcycle pants, and thick leather high top shoes).. and only caused cosmetic damages to my bike. But even as lucky as I was, I still was out around $600, two days of work, and a month of constant pain.

Learn from others mistakes, it's a lot less painful and way less expensive. Watch crash videos and figure out how the crash could have been avoided. Chances are you are going to go down sometime, but how you go down can be the difference.

AND WEAR F#CKING GEAR!

Anyways, welcome and ride safe. Don't be a douche.

______Don't take life so serious.______
Instagram: XBD_
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 600

Looks pretty! Nice bike and take care of it and yourself. Always gear up no matter the distance. Keep posting pics especially when you change that crap exhaust haha have fun with it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomontomb View Post
Thanks..smh..
Not a problem, princess.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:24 AM
The Supermod that wants to see grandma's Snapper....

Motorcycle: WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBD View Post
[email protected]!!..looks clean

The people here are going to drill you for choosing that bike as a starter bike, so be ready to shake your head a lot (although listen to their advice, a lot of people here have been riding/racing forever)...I did the same, bought a L6 750 as my first bike... but so glad that I did.

Try to tame your inner adrenaline-junky self (which is near to impossible on these bikes, but try because it sucks looking at your pretty bike when it's un-ridable and in pieces).

I crashed 3 months in, got super lucky and only broke one rib and a butt-load of bruises (I had on a padded motorcycle jacket, helmet, nice riding gloves, motorcycle pants, and thick leather high top shoes).. and only caused cosmetic damages to my bike. But even as lucky as I was, I still was out around $600, two days of work, and a month of constant pain.

Learn from others mistakes, it's a lot less painful and way less expensive. Watch crash videos and figure out how the crash could have been avoided. Chances are you are going to go down sometime, but how you go down can be the difference.

AND WEAR F#CKING GEAR!

Anyways, welcome and ride safe. Don't be a douche.
Thanks for sharing. This is exactly why we preach the stuff we do. Some don't crash, but here is an example of someone who did. Thankfully he wasn't more seriously injured but he could have been.

Also an important point that we continue to hammer is that it's not all about self control. It's about your lack of skill. Skills that can more quickly be honed and mastered on a smaller more forgiving bike that doesn't multiply your mistakes as the R bikes can do.

And since we are talking gear, if you choose to keep this bike and ride it you should be in nothing but full leathers, proper boots, gloves with good palm protection and a high quality helmet. Good luck.
XBD and solomontomb like this.

"Whether you succeed or fail is dependent entirely on you" - Vic Armstrong
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: K6 1000 K7 750

Twinzies! Haha. Damn clean bike, man. Looks like it's been well cared for. Ride safe
solomontomb likes this.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Thanks.. guys,I really take my time with her. No crazy shit. I dont have the luxury like most people to start off on a small bike then trade it in for the bike I want some do I dont. So I really sat and thought about it a long time even had a conversation with my son about my decision. I am very happy with my decision she is a great bike.

Last edited by solomontomb; 11-28-2016 at 04:54 PM.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Amateur

Garage

Welcome to your changed life my friend.
@Nick... lmao
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 04:05 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomontomb View Post
Thanks.. guys,I really take my time with her. No crazy shit. I dont have the luxury like most people to start off on a small bike then trade it in for the bike I want some do I dont. So I really sat and thought about it a long time even had a conversation with my son about my decision. I am very happy with my decision she is a great bike.
Luxury? Has absolutely zero to do with luxury. It's called common sense and self-preservation.
Glad your son approved and you are proud of your monumental failure choosing a GSXR-750 as your first bike. Enjoy
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Track Day Winner

While I could care less about your decision to get a 750 as your first bike , your inability to afford a begonners bike is not a very good reason. If you can't stand to lose around 250 to $500 on a newer 250 - 500 CC bike to learn on. Then maybe having a Super Sport or even just a motorcycle in general is not a good thing considering it's almost exclusively a very expensive Hobby.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Provisional Novice

Garage

Beautiful bike. I rode a 500 twin for a few years before getting a big bike. Everyone makes their own decisions and you're probably aware of the insanity you just signed up for... but I will echo previous statements that it's not JUST about control. It's about muscle memory and practice. Things happen in milliseconds, and your body reacts literally before your brain has a chance to get involved. Only way to overcome that is through constant practice, and slowly building up your muscle memory. Mistakes WILL be made (we all make them), and on that bike the consequences will be very harsh.

I don't know your circumstances and maybe "luxury" doesn't have to do with money, but health, or something else. I wish you the best and encourage you to do what I did and spend a lot of time in parking lots and "safe places" just driving around and getting as many miles and hours under your belt as possible in the safest place possible.

Fact is, all motorcycles are dangerous, but there is a spectrum and you're at the top of it. But I've had enough people in my life trying to convince me that even getting on a bike of any kind is stupid, bad parenting, reckless, selfish, inconsiderate and all other types of things. We all make our own choices. But if you see a 250/500 come up for cheap or a friend has a bike to lend, it really couldn't hurt to get something smaller for daily commuting and getting practice in. It's actually a ton of fun because you can relax a bit more on a smaller bike, and preserve the life of your beautiful GSXR a bit too. Ride safe brother!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode